Who Do You Want?

ClaytonAU

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

PJ Fleck out of the guys who are not entrenched at their current jobs. He just has the IT factor to me. To unfortunately borrow one of malzahns catchphrases lol.

I was on his bandwagon last year and got skewered for it on this board.  I LOVE that guy.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

PSU can match us dollar for dollar easily.  Franklin isn't going anywhere unless its the NFL.

Patterson has had chances to leave.  He hasn't and he's 57. 

I didn't finish my edit in time ha 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I was on his bandwagon last year and got skewered for it on this board.  I LOVE that guy.

which means the Auburn PTB do not. His personality would make them uncomfortable and they will not like the fact he is divorced and that he will not sit by jay in sunday school lol

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I wouldn't dare leave that situation for Auburn.

Nope.  You need the next Franklin.  That's someone like Fleck, Mason, or Bobo.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Nope.  You need the next Franklin.  That's someone like Fleck, Mason, or Bobo.

I'd def. take Fleck

I keep seeing folks say Gus won't be fired this year but I gotta say that if the wheels come off he dang sure will be.  And if the defense keeps putting it on the line every week and we keep getting this performance out of the offense then he may lose the team and this thing could go 2012 on us.  He wouldn't survive that. 

Just now, Charhair said:

Let's give Rhett another chance

ehhh I was thinking Ellis Johnson. His 1 year as a HC at southern miss was really not his fault! 

I'd def. take Fleck

There's one other interesting option.  Luke Fickel.  He's young, a damn good coach, and has learned from some of the best.  His Cincy team was ready to play today in Ann Arbor.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I keep seeing folks say Gus won't be fired this year but I gotta say that if the wheels come off he dang sure will be.  And if the defense keeps putting it on the line every week and we keep getting this performance out of the offense then he may lose the team and this thing could go 2012 on us.  He wouldn't survive that. 

There is no way he survives if he loses to uga and bama again. That will be 8 in a row combined to both. NO WAY he survives. We def will extend our losing streak at red stick again this year as well.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

There's one other interesting option.  Luke Fickel.  He's young, a damn good coach, and has learned from some of the best.  His Cincy team was ready to play today in Ann Arbor.

WOW. I had no idea he replaced tubbs. Assumed he was still at ohio state.

I just feel like Gus will still be here even with losses to LSU, Bama and UGA if we beat everyone else. Once again there will be excuses for him and some fans saying you can't fire an 8-4 coach. That's BS. The only way Gus is gone after this season is we go like 5-7. Other than that we don't have an AD that's going to cut bait with him. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

WOW. I had no idea he replaced tubbs. Assumed he was still at ohio state.

1st year there, but that guy is going to be a star.

I just feel like Gus will still be here even with losses to LSU, Bama and UGA if we beat everyone else. Once again there will be excuses for him and some fans saying you can't fire an 8-4 coach. That's BS. The only way Gus is gone after this season is we go like 5-7. Other than that we don't have an AD that's going to cut bait with him. 

Jay gets vicious when he thinks HIS job is at stake. He def will throw gus to the wolves to save his skin. Remember back in 2012 it was rumored he was out the door as well with chizik. SO CLOSE.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

This is what I'm afraid of.  It really sucks too because I would never pull against my Tigers but looking back on it now did we really "win" that LSU game last year?? 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ehhh I was thinking Ellis Johnson. His 1 year as a HC at southern miss was really not his fault! 

As long as he coaches strictly from the box, I'm in

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is no way he survives if he loses to uga and bama again. That will be 8 in a row combined to both. NO WAY he survives. We def will extend our losing streak at red stick again this year as well.

That should be the case but will our AD do it? That's the question

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jay gets vicious when he thinks HIS job is at stake. He def will throw gus to the wolves to save his skin. Remember back in 2012 it was rumored he was out the door as well with chizik. SO CLOSE.

Guess i'll believe it when i see it. 

9 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

And that has to do with our current AD. We shouldn't have to wait around like UGA and LSU did. That went on way too long. How many more 8-4 seasons do we sit through with losing to the better teams every year before we say enough is enough is my question? We've given Gus enough time for on the job training. He actually was given more time due to taking us to the NC game year 1. 

If Tubs recruited the way Gus does...we'd have a couple more NC's for sure.

I agree, im sick of these 8-4 seasons, losing big games, losing to our biggest rivals, and ending the season losing the bowl game.

WarEagle1983: Gus will definitely be fired after this season in that scenario. Right now I still think we do better than that, though. I thought in the pre-season that tonight would be the low point of our season.

The next two games will give our offense a lot of opportunity to improve, and we get to host both Misses as they come off very physical, exhausting games with LSU/UG and UAT (respectively). I think there's still a very good chance we improve a lot by the time we get to Red Stick.

And before anyone thinks I'm a Gus shill or a sunshine pumper (I would find it hard to believe anyone would accuse me of being such), I think he should absolutely be fired if the offense does not improve but I think it will.

Here's a take on this game I most agree with:

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/09/clemson-sacks-auburn-14-6-3-things-that-matter

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

WarEagle1983: Gus will definitely be fired after this season in that scenario. Right now I still think we do better than that, though. I thought in the pre-season that tonight would be the low point of our season.

The next two games will give our offense a lot of opportunity to improve, and we get to host both Misses as they come off very physical, exhausting games with LSU/UG and UAT (respectively). I think there's still a very good chance we improve a lot by the time we get to Red Stick. And before anyone thinks I'm a Gus shill or a sunshine pumper, I think he should absolutely be fired if the offense does not improve but I think it will.

Flame me if you want. Here's a take on this game I most agree with:

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/09/clemson-sacks-auburn-14-6-3-things-that-matter

I hope you're right.  Maybe we will look back on tonight and laugh at our reactions...maybe. 

9 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I hope you're right.  Maybe we will look back on tonight and laugh at our reactions...maybe. 

I don't know...to me, this looked in the pre-season and still looks like the type of team that would have a game early where they looked like absolute crap before getting it together when it most counts (remember 2005 when we lost to a GT team far inferior to the team we played tonight by a nearly identical margin?). And this looked exactly like it would be that game.

Even just based off how everyone's looked so far, there is absolutely no excuse for us not to beat Mizzou, the Misses, Arky, and A&M--and of course Mercer and ULM. 8-4 is bare minimum IMO.

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The next two games will give our offense a lot of opportunity to improve, and we get to host both Misses as they come off very physical, exhausting games with LSU/UG and UAT (respectively). I think there's still a very good chance we improve a lot by the time we get to Red Stick.

And before anyone thinks I'm a Gus shill or a sunshine pumper (I would find it hard to believe anyone would accuse me of being such), I think he should absolutely be fired if the offense does not improve but I think it will.

Here's a take on this game I most agree with:

I def. think we go 8-4 or better. I knew we had a strong possibility of losing this game but it's how we lost it yet again. If Clemson had beaten us straight up then i wouldn't be tripping. We lost to them yet again b/c of coaching. 

Right now the way the offense is...i don't see us beating LSU, UGA or Bama. Everyone else we can just pound the ball on and let our defense have its way. Until we beat a quality team i'm afraid i will not be buying into the offense no matter how well we do against the lowly other SEC teams. This is how i felt last year when some were hyping Sean's numbers and the winning streak we went on. Granted he did very well against certain teams but we base our program against the big boys and we're simply not getting it done. 

If you want a nice guy, family guy - back the truck up in Miami and try to get Mark Richt.  Guarantees you 8-10 wins.

if you want a cutthroat guy who might be able to keep Steele and company in place?  Bobby P (after he wins, the naysayers will shut up).  Got to quit living in the past.

Up and comer?  PJ Fleck or Luke Fickell

Entertainment guy?  Great soundbites:  Mike Leach

Archived