Who here still likes Gus as the head coach?

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, it won't matter. Watch, we are about to go on a four game winning streak and all will be forgotten until the LSU game.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Unfortunately, it won't matter. Watch, we are about to go on a four game winning streak and all will be forgotten until the LSU game.

All won't be forgotten. We ain't going to beat Miss State. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

All won't be forgotten. We ain't going to beat Miss State. 

If we lose to a team like Miss state it is a wrap for Gus.

I had stated before this game I was willing to wait and see.  I said I can handle a loss if its because Clemson outplayed us but not because our offense looked lost and inept AGAIN.  Well, we all saw the results.  I'm done.  But I fear that what DAG said above is true.  We will probably not lose again until LSU and all the pumpers will return in force. 

Honestly I can't put last nights game on him. There were several times we were in position to make plays and flat out didn't. The delay of game on the 2 turned out a major difference in the game. 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I had stated before this game I was willing to wait and see.  I said I can handle a loss if its because Clemson outplayed us but not because our offense looked lost and inept AGAIN.  Well, we all saw the results.  I'm done.  But I fear that what DAG said above is true.  We will probably not lose again until LSU and all the pumpers will return in force. 

This is what is going to happen. We are going to run all over those schools and win, get back into the top 15. The passing game won't develop. The usual suspects will be back and then we will struggle with LSU.

After 3 plus seasons of not executing at what point exactly do you start holding the HEAD COACH accountable?? I could see it if this was a one time thing but we have been embarrassed offensively too many times to not blame the guy who is in charge. 

Hell, if we are this loaded with talent and we still managed to score whopping six points. I've been a huge supporter of Gus. But I'm done.

To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement. We had a better team but I could have sworn that was Tuberville on the sidelines. 

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

After 3 plus seasons of not executing at what point exactly do you start holding the HEAD COACH accountable?? I could see it if this was a one time thing but we have been embarrassed offensively too many times to not blame the guy who is in charge. 

And the guy in charge claim to fame (and the reason for his hire) is his offense. Ironic. 

Not me, I'm done with Gus. If you want to win 7 maybe 8 games a year he is your man. I want to win championships. He would be a good coach for Arky St. or a lower level program but not Auburn, he just can't beat the elite teams we have to face every year.

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

And the guy in charge claim to fame (and the reason for his hire) is his offense. Ironic. 

It's like a recent curse on AU.  Chizik's specialty was defense and we mostly sucked at it during his tenure and now Gus with the offense.. Maybe we should hire a special teams coach??

9 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Couldn't agree more. Plus he has shown again and again with his inability to make adjustments. If you've figured out our game plan, we're going to rely on luck to win. The luck has been used in 2013, and everything since has been nothing but dismally frustrating,

9 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Hell, if we are this loaded with talent and we still managed to score whopping six points. I've been a huge supporter of Gus. But I'm done.

To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement. We had a better team but I could have sworn that was Tuberville on the sidelines. 

Tuberville was a better HC at AU in his sleep compared to Gus.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Tuberville was a better HC at AU in his sleep compared to Gus.

wde

Meant that as his handling on the offense side, but you are right. We'd probably squeak with a 9-7 win had Tuberville been coaching.

I can't  understand how any one could support keeping Gus. Last night not withstanding, the utter incompetent mess we witnessed last year against this same Clemson team should have gotten him ran out of town. "Jeez", no wonder con men are able to deceive so many people.

I've been a supporter of Gus up until last night. Until last night, I truly thought that our sometimes offensive ineptitude was due to Rhett Lashlee. Last night, Lashlee was probably smiling like an opossum eating persimmons....saying I told y'all I wasn't the issue. 

The Gus Bus has a blown head gasket, 4 flat tires, a flat spare, and no tire iron. 

As I've said for a year or more, we need to hire Chip Kelly with a quickness before Texas A&M does.

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

DAG must live in a dream world. Auburn going on a 4 game winning streak? hahahahahaha

You are saying someone is living in a dream world with your post history?

Archived