Who here still likes Gus as the head coach?

WarDamnEagleWDE

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

That is funny.  Gus would be like Jerry Glanville with Brett Favre.  Never let Brett see the field in favor of Chris Miller lol.  

IDK Favre may excel in the "Send Everybody Deep" offense where he can just sling that thing

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tomtomwde said:

I'm loyal to Auburn and the boys on this team.  If Gus cannot field an offense and cannot make ANY adjustments in the fly or at halftime, we do NOT need him.  I am long over him.  Last year was the final straw for me.

I seem to remember last year when Gus received criticism JJ indicated that the people critizing were more of a radical fringe not  that important to the program from a monetary or support aspect.My jaw dropped when I heard it.Any thoughts on this still or ever being the case?

21 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

I seem to remember last year when Gus received criticism JJ indicated that the people critizing were more of a radical fringe not  that important to the program from a monetary or support aspect.My jaw dropped when I heard it.Any thoughts on this still or ever being the case?

Had to be BS. I don't think the radical fringe sat him down and told him to give up playcalling bc it's hindering his ability to play his role. That had to come from the big money guys. And I guess Gus thought "well, I'll still call the plays and we will win bc they can't fire me if I'm winning"...that's my assumption.

38 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

see the attitude?....thats why people need to stop showing up....butts in the seat....you are no more important to him than how much money that you have in your pocket

The NCAA has vacated our win against LSU last year due to the outcome leading to us keeping Gus and LSU firing Miles. They were the real winners of the Hot Seat Bowl

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The NCAA has vacated our win against LSU last year due to the outcome leading to us keeping Gus and LSU firing Miles. They were the real winners of the Hot Seat Bowl

LSU hired Ed O.  I disagree.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

LSU hired Ed O.  I disagree.

wde

haha sure I can't argue there. I didn't think my frustration soaked joke through very well. Although I think Ed O may actually let his coordinators do their jobs this time around

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

haha sure I can't argue there. I didn't think my frustration soaked joke through very well. Although I think Ed O may actually let his coordinators do their jobs this time around

10-4.

wde

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

At Auburn, change results in undefeated seasons and/or national title game appearances within 2 years. It's happened with 3 of the last 4 coaches, and even the 4th one went undefeated immediately after a failed attempt at a regime change.

Weird, ain't it?

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Coach O is a better coach than this psycho that we have, and thats the truth

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

How did we get this far without realizing what an egotistical, stubborn, idiot Gus is?

some knew, nobody would listen because they were riding the gusbus rather than doing some checking him out, particularly with people that knew him back in arkie.   He is not a bad person, all in all, but he is not nearly as smart and clever as he has led himself to believe that he is

Take away the 3 powderpuff games on the schedule each year, and Gus is a 5-4 or 4-5 coach.

2 things:

1. He is the worst in-game adjustment coach I have ever seen!

2. There is no way he has turned the offense over to anybody!

7 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Take away the 3 powderpuff games on the schedule each year, and Gus is a 5-4 or 4-5 coach.

Dang out of likes again, but true and those three could be won with no coaches.

13 hours ago, doverstutts said:

some knew, nobody would listen because they were riding the gusbus rather than doing some checking him out, particularly with people that knew him back in arkie.   He is not a bad person, all in all, but he is not nearly as smart and clever as he has led himself to believe that he is

He's egotistical and power driven.  He's single handedly ruining the university I spent 4 years getting my degree in and it's beyond time for him to leave Auburn and never come step foot in the stadium again.  He may be a nice guy as well as his family but he took the job with the expectations for what Auburn football is and he's not lived up to them and has embarrassed the Auburn family and alumni in the process 

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Can we finally afford to hire Turner Gill??

^^^^ had that one in the holster for my yearly coaching hire suggestion.. 

Come on guys???? Nobody ??? 

Archived