OT - My brother at AU/Clemson Game

AubieAH3

This is slightly off topic, but I was hoping y'all wouldn't mind. My brother, Jake, is an 18 year old senior at Vestavia Hills High School. He is on the football team, and he also happens to have Down Syndrome. 2 weeks ago, I posted a video to my twitter of Jake scoring a TD in the VHHS/Briarwood preseason game and it went unexpectedly viral. It was crazy! It was on ESPN, and was quote tweeted by Kirk Herbstreit, Larry Fitzgerald, Brian Billick, among others! Here is the full video: 

Jake is a HUGE college football fan, and likes Auburn, Bama, and Clemson (in that order.) Dabo and Clemson heard about my brother and INVITED HIM TO THE GAME AS A "RECRUIT." Jake got to meet the players, tour the facilities, and hang out on the sidelines. He even had this personal exchange with Dabo: 

Jake plans on applying to Clemson Life, which is a special college program for students with intellectual disabilities. According to the rumor mill, Auburn has a similar program in the works!

I am an Auburn girl through and through, but I can no longer hate on Dabo or Clemson. If we were gonna lose, I'm glad it was to such a class act. I am one proud sister and I just wanted to share the story with some of my AU family.

My twitter handle is amy_lissa if you guys wanna see more on Jake! Thanks for reading and WAR EAGLE!!!

I saw Jake's touchdown against Briarwood a couple of weeks ago.  I also played for Buddy Anderson (great coach, better man) but was not recruited by Clemson.  I needed this to feel better about last night's game.  Good on Dabo...totally changes my disposition toward him.  Thanks for posting.

9 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I saw Jake's touchdown against Briarwood a couple of weeks ago.  I also played for Buddy Anderson (great coach, better man) but was not recruited by Clemson.  I needed this to feel better about last night's game.  Good on Dabo...totally changes my disposition toward him.  Thanks for posting.

yep. It made my day watching him do the "CAM" stuff

3 hours ago, AubieAH3 said:

This is slightly off topic, but I was hoping y'all wouldn't mind. My brother, Jake, is an 18 year old senior at Vestavia Hills High School. He is on the football team, and he also happens to have Down Syndrome. 2 weeks ago, I posted a video to my twitter of Jake scoring a TD in the VHHS/Briarwood preseason game and it went unexpectedly viral. It was crazy! It was on ESPN, and was quote tweeted by Kirk Herbstreit, Larry Fitzgerald, Brian Billick, among others! Here is the full video: 

Jake is a HUGE college football fan, and likes Auburn, Bama, and Clemson (in that order.) Dabo and Clemson heard about my brother and INVITED HIM TO THE GAME AS A "RECRUIT." Jake got to meet the players, tour the facilities, and hang out on the sidelines. He even had this personal exchange with Dabo: 

Jake plans on applying to Clemson Life, which is a special college program for students with intellectual disabilities. According to the rumor mill, Auburn has a similar program in the works!

I am an Auburn girl through and through, but I can no longer hate on Dabo or Clemson. If we were gonna lose, I'm glad it was to such a class act. I am one proud sister and I just wanted to share the story with some of my AU family.

My twitter handle is amy_lissa if you guys wanna see more on Jake! Thanks for reading and WAR EAGLE!!!

I've heard a lot of good things about Dabo as a person. It's hard to hate on him when he is doing things like this. We need more like him.

8 hours ago, AubieAH3 said:

Thank you for posting such an awesome video. It really brightened my day. Dabo is a class act .

Archived