Auburn #15 AP/#17 Coaches

AUDynasty

Kinda surprising to see that we only slipped two spots in AP and four in coaches. If we make a miracle turnaround after that pitiful offense display in Clemson, we could be positioned for a prime position in CFP, although I wouldn't hold my breath.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

War Eagle always

4 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Kinda surprising to see that we only slipped two spots in AP and four in coaches. If we make a miracle turnaround after that pitiful offense display in Clemson, we could be positioned for a prime position in CFP, although I wouldn't hold my breath.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

War Eagle always

Tells you that most reasonable folks know we have talent, otherwise being voided by terrible offense acumen. No doubt, we will be close to the top ten, if not in the top ten after we beat these patsies the next four weeks.

17 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Maybe, just maybe, the media and coaches aren't as dumb as our fan base..

This kinda thing always eats me up, man.  By this, Im guessing you mean we as fans always overreact after one loss?  We all know one loss isn't the end of the CFP world.  But anyone with one eye and a brain can tell this team isn't going to finish the season with only one loss.  It was the same thing last year.  Lose to Clemson, and the self-righteous perma-pumpers come out with "oh its just one loss blah blah" when it was obvious the record would succumb to further problems down the line. But guess what?  The "its only one loss" schtick only works for that...one loss.  

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

This kinda thing always eats me up, man.  By this, Im guessing you mean we as fans always overreact after one loss?  We all know one loss isn't the end of the CFP world.  But anyone with one eye and a brain can tell this team isn't going to finish the season with only one loss.  It was the same thing last year.  Lose to Clemson, and the self-righteous perms-pumpers come out with "oh its just one loss blah blah" when it was obvious the record would succumb to further problems down the line. But guess what?  The "its only one loss" schtick only works for that...one loss.  

The gussies amaze me.   If a college were award a degree in stupidity, a few on this board would have double PHD's.. Stop the madness people! The failure that is Gus Malzahn has to end

Offense ( offensive line) looked bad vs one of the top defenses on the road at night. I still think it was a good game plan that flat out wasn't executed. I will argue that point all day. Plays were there and the offense didn't make them. Case closed. Defense is one of the premier units in football. Fix the oline and the sky is still the limit.

21 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

This kinda thing always eats me up, man.  By this, Im guessing you mean we as fans always overreact after one loss?  We all know one loss isn't the end of the CFP world.  But anyone with one eye and a brain can tell this team isn't going to finish the season with only one loss.  It was the same thing last year.  Lose to Clemson, and the self-righteous perma-pumpers come out with "oh its just one loss blah blah" when it was obvious the record would succumb to further problems down the line. But guess what?  The "its only one loss" schtick only works for that...one loss.  

So, I picked the right size for you..

10 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Offense ( offensive line) looked bad vs one of the top defenses on the road at night. I still think it was a good game plan that flat out wasn't executed. I will argue that point all day. Plays were there and the offense didn't make them. Case closed. Defense is one of the premier units in football. Fix the oline and the sky is still the limit.

This so beyond my ability to understand.  Pitiful.   So, losing is now acceptable to you?.  This so sad that I can't even laugh at you

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

This so beyond my ability to understand.  Pitiful.   So, losing is now acceptable to you?.  This so sad that I can't even laugh at you

Did I say that losing was acceptable? I'll wait.......yea didn't think so. So now if you will step off the ledge and realize it's a non conference game and the probability of winning every single game isn't very realistic. Sorry you have an incapability to understand.

9 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

So, I picked the right size for you..

Yes, you got me.  I was triggered and so upset when writing that response and not just calmly expressing my opinion on a message board.  Still shaken actually.  Congrats on your "PWNage" of me.  .

30 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

The gussies amaze me.   If a college were award a degree in stupidity, a few on this board would have double PHD's.. Stop the madness people! The failure that is Gus Malzahn has to end

Hey Dr.!

What did you expect going into this game? Do you consider Clemson a bad team?  What are you most upset about?

23 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

That same offensive line looked pretty bad in pass protection against Georgia Southern, too. There has to be something more to the passing game if we are to be more than mediocre on offense this season, and I didn't see ANYTHING last night that makes me hopeful that the passing game will develop.

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Thats great, now tell me the excuses for the previous 3 years...I'll just sit here and wait...

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

I am also in the minority that doesn't think the sky is falling. I want to add a couple of things to your post. You're absolutely correct that the OL needs a lot of work. It wouldn't surprise me to see a different starting 5 this Saturday. But also, 

1.  The execution looked slow across the board. Plays seemed to take longer to develop than necessary (I think players were thinking too much instead of just acting), timing was just a tad off, etc. This early in the season with a new OC, QB, some new OL, against an elite defense, that is totally expected and should be fixed with a little more experience. 

2.  Plain and simple, we got out coached on game day.  I do think the original game plan coming into the game was good. But Clemson adjusted well and early on both sides of the ball. It took the defense 2 drives, but they settled in (Good job!), but the offense never adjusted at all!!!!  Not once did it ever seem that our O coaches were even remotely close to having an idea to slow down the Clemson pressure and have a little bit of success moving the ball.  Maybe this can be fixed with more experience, but it is a lot more concerning that #1. 

3.  RB depth is more of an issue than we're letting on, IMHO.  The coaches don't trust KMart (size and ball security) or Miller (?‍♂️), Devan isn't quite ready yet (hopefully any week now!), and KJ and KP both have issues with staying healthy. We've got to have those guys at 100% to have the type of offense we want to run against really good defenses. If these guys aren't at full strength, we can't beat LSU or bama, maybe even uga or another one or two. I'm hoping and praying we have an answer for this asap!  

As it is, right now, this is an 8-4 team. If we get these issues cleaned up and get a lucky bounce or two, everything we hoped for this season is still in front of us.  The good news is, thanks to Clemson, we have a lot on tape to work on and we probably have until 10/14 to fix it. 

War Eagle!!!!  Let's go to work!!!

I think you gus lovers are missing the friggin point.   If the man had gone 10-2 or even 9-3 once or twice since the 2013 season then fine I would be willing to cut him some slack and hope he could work out the issues on offense...but he has gone 8-5, 7-6, 8-5 the last 3 years and is 0-6 against uga and uat.  THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AT AUBURN EVER.  And I don't know what fantasy you are living in if you think this year will be any different as long as he can't keep his nose out of the offense.  He has been saying for 2 years now he would "fix" the offense and we are still waiting... How much of a sample size do you people need to see this man is lost in the SEC and too stubborn to change?

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I think you gus lovers are missing the friggin point.   If the man had gone 10-2 or even 9-3 once or twice since the 2013 season then fine I would be willing to cut him some slack and hope he could work out the issues on offense...but he has gone 8-5, 7-6, 8-5 the last 3 years and is 0-6 against uga and uat.  THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AT AUBURN EVER.  And I don't know what fantasy you are living in if you think this year will be any different as long as he can't keep his nose out of the offense.  He has been saying for 2 years now he would "fix" the offense and we are still waiting... How much of a sample size do you people need to see this man is lost in the SEC and too stubborn to change?

its obvious but some only see what they want to see

8 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Thats great, now tell me the excuses for the previous 3 years...I'll just sit here and wait...

I'm assuming you mean 2 years because 2014 was a fantastic offense. 

2015 - no one saw JJs meltdown coming. We had to regroup after that. It got better, but not a whole lot better. 

2016 - it took a while to figure out (that's on Gus), then when he did figure it out, KJ, KP, and SW all got hurt and we had nothing else. 

Those are legitimate excuses. But still, that's what they are, excuses.  We should have been more prepared earlier last year, and this year. That's something Gus is going to have to figure out if he wants to keep his job.  But like I said in my previous post, IF (and it's a big IF) he and Chip get the O rolling within the next 4 weeks, with this defense, it's still possible for this team to go 11-1 going into the postseason.  So although I'm disappointed in our offensive offense last night, im not ready to abandon ship just yet. 

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

I'm assuming you mean 2 years because 2014 was a fantastic offense. 

2015 - no one saw JJs meltdown coming. We had to regroup after that. It got better, but not a whole lot better. 

2016 - it took a while to figure out (that's on Gus), then when he did figure it out, KJ, KP, and SW all got hurt and we had nothing else. 

Those are legitimate excuses. But still, that's what they are, excuses.  We should have been more prepared earlier last year, and this year. That's something Gus is going to have to figure out if he wants to keep his job.  But like I said in my previous post, IF (and it's a big IF) he and Chip get the O rolling within the next 4 weeks, with this defense, it's still possible for this team to go 11-1 going into the postseason.  So although I'm disappointed in our offensive offense last night, im not ready to abandon ship just yet. 

Yeah that 2014 offense was great against uga...7 points...and I guess even though Gus is the HEAD coach you just let him off the hook for poor defense.  And also don't forget the red zone issues in the Iron Bowl that probably cost us a shot at the upset against the idiots.  But you know, just pick and choose what you like about 2014.  As usual our offense was great against the lesser teams, oh wait no it struggled against Miss St. too.  So yeah you can keep that "great' 2014. 

As for 2015 I once saw Baylor use a 4th string QB to win a game because their coaching staff knew how to adjust on the fly and work an offense around its personnel.  And if JJ had a meltdown thats on Gus too being as he is the HEAD COACH.  We have also seen bama take crap QB's and win titles...Blake FREAKING Sims and Jake FREAKING Coker...stuff it with the JJ excuse. 

Yeah Gus "figured it out" against crap teams that either didn't make a bowl game or made crap bowl games and when it was all on the line he couldn't even beat a depleted and down uga team and scored a grand total of 7 points...again.  And if he is so great what the heck is he doing all offseason that he starts out like this???? You just let him off hook for losing and looking like a moron to Clemson last year and losing at home to what turned out to be another mediocre A&M team...You're the band playing on the Titanic and time is running out friend. If I made as many excused for poor job performance at my job as you are doing for Gus I would have been fired years ago. 

3 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

If we make a miracle turnaround after that pitiful offense display in Clemson, we could be positioned for a prime position in CFP, although I wouldn't hold my breath.

IMG_0736.GIF

Here is this. It hurts to waste a loss on a winnable game. Especially when you know tougher opponents lie ahead.

3 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

Maybe, just maybe, the media and coaches aren't as dumb as our fan base..

Or maybe they just look at the final score. Maybe that's all that matters.

We looked horrible (on offense). I'm expecting a repeat of last year, unfortunately. 

12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Here is this. It hurts to waste a loss on a winnable game. Especially when you know tougher opponents lie ahead.

We played the number 2 ranked team in the country...just saying...

Archived