Chip admits to calling all plays

WFE12

Auburn OC Chip Lindsey: I called all the plays

Brandon Marcello 

AUBURN, Ala. — Questions about Chip Lindsey's control of the offense were brought up during Auburn's loss to Clemson on Saturday night.

The broadcast crew even questioned it, especially on a fourth-and-3 call in which Malzahn can be seen speaking into his headset as Lindsey walks far away on the sideline from the play. Auburn lost 14-6 and had the worst performance in the Gus Malzahn era with a total of only 117 yards.

Does Lindsey have autonomy of the offense?

"I did," Lindsey said. "Yep. Sure did. I called every one of them: the good and the bad ones."

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is Gus gives his OCs his playbook and they call the plays autonomously from there. So you have the OC calling plays, but they still look like Gus plays because they are.

BS

There's no reason Gus needs to be holding a laminated play sheet.

There's no way Chip calls that flea flicker or the run play to Cox.

Being in his position, there way also no way he was going to say Gus called any of the plays.

It's a comfort knowing who will be taking the blame this year.  

Saves us from having to speculate on who will be sacrificed to ensure another season of the Malzahn dynasty.  

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

It's a comfort knowing who will be taking the blame this year.  

Saves us from having to speculate on who will be sacrificed to ensure another season of the Malzahn dynasty.  

10 wins or bust in my opinion.  That includes a win against UGA or bammer

My son just came up with a great idea. Use a computer program to call all the plays, random as hell and would probably beat anything after the first 5 minutes last night

I'd love to know what Chip and Stidham really think about  their decision to put their career(s) in Gus's hands. 

Use a magic 8 ball... draw them randomly out of a hat (take the RB Dive out of the Hat first).... Draw them up in the dirt...

25 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

So Gus and Lindsey are both totally liars? You people kill me! Chip Lindsey is in way over his head! 

Ummm, Lindsey ain't the only one in over his head.  We have an oline that didn't execute, we have an RB that is only successful running up the gut,  we have WRs that can't work their way open, we have a QB that looks like he doesn't belong in SEC play.  So Gus, Kodi, Chip, Herb were all treading water last night.

im sure everyone will redeem themselves against the cupcakes and all will be well.

Well he better get it together very quickly or he is going to seriously be upset for leaving that wonderful Arizona weather 

That's insulting to be told Chip was calling the plays when everyone could literally see Malzahn was the only one actually speaking into his headset.

What needs to happen is to bring JS under center and have Cox lined up in the conventional "I" formation with Bubba as the featured RB. Run out of this formation enough to confuse the heck out of defenses that have their ears pinned back for the usual hand off or pass play that the QB cannot find an open receiver or just cannot seem to see any open receivers.

Spend this week working on JS getting to ball passed to any receiver who is remotely open within 3 seconds of the snap of the ball. Throw quick slants for 7-10 yards at least 4-5 times per game.

Run some triple option plays at least 2-3 times per game. Run some sweep plays out of the "I" formation to Bubba.

Flood the shorter zone with Sal & Eli, Nate Craig, and Kyle Davis. Quick pass plays within the 3 second window.

I do not know as much about plays at most of you do, but I would bet good coins that if Gus does as I suggest, this could throw enough confusion to where maybe we can beat Ole Miss, Mizzou, MSU, Arky, maybe LSU and UGA. I mean maybe folks!

Yep.  Sure I believe it.  I also have a maserati in the driveway outside in little old concord Alabama.

My pet lion also agrees that pettway was 100% and was just resting up for the pros.

Cut us all a break and speak out.

Say Gus is handcuffing you and you already wished you were not stuck in this situation 

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

What needs to happen is to bring JS under center and have Cox lined up in the conventional "I" formation with Bubba as the featured RB. Run out of this formation enough to confuse the heck out of defenses that have their ears pinned back for the usual hand off or pass play that the QB cannot find an open receiver or just cannot seem to see any open receivers.

Spend this week working on JS getting to ball passed to any receiver who is remotely open within 3 seconds of the snap of the ball. Throw quick slants for 7-10 yards at least 4-5 times per game.

Run some triple option plays at least 2-3 times per game. Run some sweep plays out of the "I" formation to Bubba.

Flood the shorter zone with Sal & Eli, Nate Craig, and Kyle Davis. Quick pass plays within the 3 second window.

I do not know as much about plays at most of you do, but I would bet good coins that if Gus does as I suggest, this could throw enough confusion to where maybe we can beat Ole Miss, Mizzou, MSU, Arky, maybe LSU and UGA. I mean maybe folks!

We shouldn't have to confuse the likes of Mizzou , arky or ole miss . Should be able to beat them with our base playbook . Of course who knows what that is.

Archived