Chip admits to calling all plays

WFE12

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We shouldn't have to confuse the likes of Mizzou , arky or ole miss . Should be able to beat them with our base playbook . Of course who knows what that is.

Found it.

tecmo-plays.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

BS

There's no reason Gus needs to be holding a laminated play sheet.

There's no way Chip calls that flea flicker or the run play to Cox.

Being in his position, there way also no way he was going to say Gus called any of the plays.

That laminted play sheet was actually a new Waffle house menu,  apparently he was trying to decide what he wanted for dinner last night. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

We shouldn't have to confuse the likes of Mizzou , arky or ole miss . Should be able to beat them with our base playbook . Of course who knows what that is.

It's an ugly marriage between two completely different schemes that isn't worth the paper they're printing those playsheets on. 

14 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

All I know is I can not tell a difference between last year and this year.  

The difference is THIS year we KNOW which QB will be sacked... "No Doubt about it."

6 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Found it.

tecmo-plays.jpg

Those pass plays are better routes than the ones we tried yesterday....

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Auburn OC Chip Lindsey: I called all the plays

Brandon Marcello 

AUBURN, Ala. — Questions about Chip Lindsey's control of the offense were brought up during Auburn's loss to Clemson on Saturday night.

The broadcast crew even questioned it, especially on a fourth-and-3 call in which Malzahn can be seen speaking into his headset as Lindsey walks far away on the sideline from the play. Auburn lost 14-6 and had the worst performance in the Gus Malzahn era with a total of only 117 yards.

Does Lindsey have autonomy of the offense?

"I did," Lindsey said. "Yep. Sure did. I called every one of them: the good and the bad ones."

Yeah, and Bigfoot stole my beef jerkey. The fact that we are having a question about who is calling the plays, when we have a so called offensive genius for a head coach, is indicative of the utter lunacy that has become AU football. If Gus is not an offensive savant, which we know he is not, then we have bought a hound with sinus issues. Get rid of him now, and turn this team over to Steele. 

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

But where's the Run Sack Option?

Haven't you ever picked the same play the defense picks on that game? Yep, that was pretty much our offense. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

pede_720.jpg

This has Gus drooling about all the possibilities

Typical 3 and 1 formation 

Fans: we just need 1 yard 

Gus: I got it ! Sugar huddle right into the caterpillar formation 

5 hours ago, Aucater said:

My son just came up with a great idea. Use a computer program to call all the plays, random as hell and would probably beat anything after the first 5 minutes last night

I think we need to call in that kid from Little Giants.  

4 hours ago, auskip07 said:

That laminted play sheet was actually a new Waffle house menu,  apparently he was trying to decide what he wanted for dinner last night. 

Stidham smothered, wideouts covered.  

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Typical 3 and 1 formation 

Fans: we just need 1 yard 

Gus: I got it ! Sugar huddle right into the caterpillar formation 

Almost...Thats typical for 3rd and 12

Who makes personnel decisions? Who decided to use only Pettway as a ball carrier?  Who decided not to make any changes on the oline 2nd half?  Who decided to give Cox the ball on 3/goal?  Who decided NOT to use Sal especially in the red zone?  

Sadly I never wanted GM and thought KB and CL were terrible hires.  Chip says he was brought in to add passing to Gus' offense.  So we get the same mess as last year with some new pass plays.  Gus was warned, and his ego resulted in bringing in a young coordinator that promised not to mess with his offense.   All will be fired this yr but AU has to endure another embarassing painful season and watch as our rivals beat us in recruiting.  Gosh I so dislike this fool of an arrogant coach.

All I know is the next time I see a sugar huddle I'm either turning my TV off for the following 45 seconds, or a remote is going to go flying through the television set.

A lot of you guys are forgetting Clemson has a pretty good defense.  It wasn't like we were playing a terrible team.  Yes, our offense had some issues, but that defense was nothing to laugh at.  They may be the best defense we will play all year.  It's just like saying, "Well our defense isn't that good, Clemson's offense is just terrible."  We can't pick and choose.  Instead we need to see the whole picture.

If our offenseive line wasn't being blown up every play, I think everyone would be singing CL's praises right now.  It all starts up front in the trenches, and two inexperienced guys on the left side going up against the best DL in the country was going to be a challenge.  Give a coordinator more than 2 games before you guys start kicking and screaming.  It's like people getting all pissed at you on the second day at your new company. 

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

A lot of you guys are forgetting Clemson has a pretty good defense.  It wasn't like we were playing a terrible team.  Yes, our offense had some issues, but that defense was nothing to laugh at.  They may be the best defense we will play all year.  It's just like saying, "Well our defense isn't that good, Clemson's offense is just terrible."  We can't pick and choose.  Instead we need to see the whole picture.

If our offenseive line wasn't being blown up every play, I think everyone would be singing CL's praises right now.  It all starts up front in the trenches, and two inexperienced guys on the left side going up against the best DL in the country was going to be a challenge.  Give a coordinator more than 2 games before you guys start kicking and screaming.  It's like people getting all pissed at you on the second day at your new company. 

we were outcoach more than anything.   Thats what everyone was pissed about.  What did coaches to do adjust the offense to get the ball out faster?  Keep KP in while clearly not being 100%.  Lots of things not to like about how they played. 

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Its not just this game man. Look at the last 2 seasons against top teams.  Its become an embarrassment.  I'm sure you will enjoy the 50 we hang on Mercer though. 

Archived