Chip admits to calling all plays

WFE12

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If you read my other response to 1913-14 it should answer your question.  I do think KM can handle it.  I like the guy a lot and he has shown he can break tackles this year.  I was just illustrating the catch-22 where any decision will be criticized.  

I think he can handle it as well.  But if our HC doesn't, then KM shouldn't have a uniform on.  Unfortunately what you and I think doesn't matter in this situation.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think the growing pains are starting to come to an end and we will see a more consistent team.  Just my opinion of course.  

I wish I still.believed I bet we grow against Mercer, the Mississippi schools, and Arky, only to shrink again versus LSU UGA and Bama. 

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I see what you are saying.  My only rebuttal to your post is that the team is growing, but just slower than the fans want.  For example, I would say our defense is better than 2013.  I would say our coaching staff is better than 2013.  And I would would say our depth is better than 2013.  Now it's just the offense, and I think that will come this season sooner than later.  I think the growing pains are starting to come to an end and we will see a more consistent team.  Just my opinion of course.  

After that performance Saturday night, what makes you think the offense is growing?  

The offense has regressed, and thought that wasn't even a possibility after last season.

19 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I do no this disagree with what you are saying one bit.  Actually if you can find my comments from after the first game, I was really applauding KM's size and ability to break tackles now.  I think we should have played him.  My original post was just referring to the catch-22 the coaches are in with either decision a criticized one by the fans.  That's all I was trying to say. 

Gus is paid handsomely and we have a wealth of offensive weapons...my point is that Gus seems to not know how to use them. I listened to Chip Lindsey and found his responses ...sad

GOOD LUCK WITH THE FISH...I'm a Trout Unlimited member and cherish the work we do in your and my home state of Ga. to help native brook trout...my chapter is in Rabun County

Our current offense has three plays, take your pick:

1) Run KP up the middle

2) Sling the ball down the field before they get to the QB, hope a receiver can run under the ball

3) Play action to KP up the middle, see #2. :-\

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

After that performance Saturday night, what makes you think the offense is growing?  

The offense has regressed, and thought that wasn't even a possibility after last season.

Everybody was SMH after last year's Clemson game with all the QB shuffling, which included the now infamous CoxCat and its bizarre Whirlybird. After 11 sacks Sat. night, I'm not sure I would have been opposed to seeing the CoxCat / Whirlybird again. ;-)

26 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think he can handle it as well.  But if our HC doesn't, then KM shouldn't have a uniform on.  Unfortunately what you and I think doesn't matter in this situation.

I saw the press conference. He meant the size of linebackers that were blitzing not tackling. KM may not be great at pass pro.

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

What I was referring to that you bolded is in the unbolded section part of my post.  

23 minutes ago, 1913-14 said:

GOOD LUCK WITH THE FISH...I'm a Trout Unlimited member and cherish the work we do in your and my home state of Ga. to help native brook trout...my chapter is in Rabun County

Thanks!  I just finished a run to the store to set up an oxygenator as my generator is not working (of course).  If this does not work, I will literally be stirring hydrogen peroxide in both aquariums with heat packs taped to the glass all night.  Since you seem to know fish, here is what I can't afford to lose:

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

45 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I wish I still.believed I bet we grow against Mercer, the Mississippi schools, and Arky, only to shrink again versus LSU UGA and Bama. 

Look at it this way, it's a win/win for you.  If you are right and I am wrong you can rub it in my face.  If I am right, we are in for a really good season.  Either way, you win.  

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I saw the press conference. He meant the size of linebackers that were blitzing not tackling. KM may not be great at pass pro.

Sounds like he would have done just as well as the other ones out there pass protecting. ? 

2 hours ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Gus won't be around to play Willis.  If he's not gone after this season hopefully during this season then the incompetence spreads to the PTB.  

Gus does not change the way he looks at the world, even if his job is on the line.  I believe Gus will do it his way and if his boss doesn't like it, then just fire him.  Willis actually was the only option Gus had Saturday night even if SW was available.  SW would have been no change of pace and would have suffered the same fate.

Here's the deal, Gus is who he is.  He is an 8-4 coach that can not compete against LSU, UGA or Bama on a consistent basis.  He has proven that in the 5 years he has been here.  If the PTB are statisfied with that, we keep Gus.  If they want a more competitive team, we have a new coach next year.  The wild card is the AD.  Is it a whole sale change or just the coach?  As alway, JMO.

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Sounds like he would have done just as well as the other ones out there pass protecting. ? 

Pettway made some good blocks. It actually could've been worse.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Gus does not change the way he looks at the world, even if his job is on the line.  I believe Gus will do it his way and if his boss doesn't like it, then just fire him.  Willis actually was the only option Gus had Saturday night even if SW was available.  SW would have been no change of pace and would have suffered the same fate.

Here's the deal, Gus is who he is.  He is an 8-4 coach that can not compete against LSU, UGA or Bama on a consistent basis.  He has proven that in the 5 years he has been here.  If the PTB are statisfied with that, we keep Gus.  If they want a more competitive team, we have a new coach next year.  The wild card is the AD.  Is it a whole sale change or just the coach?  As alway, JMO.

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This photo. This is everything. This is exactly what being an Auburn football fan is in 2017.

Well, that is sort of a limp whiskey,

oh, wait, is that what you meant?

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks!  I just finished a run to the store to set up an oxygenator as my generator is not working (of course).  If this does not work, I will literally be stirring hydrogen peroxide in both aquariums with heat packs taped to the glass all night.  Since you seem to know fish, here is what I can't afford to lose:

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

Sorry for being insensitive about the fish. Hope everything works out with them...but you're still wrong about Gus. ?

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Sorry for being insensitive about the fish. Hope everything works out with them...but you're still wrong about Gus. ?

Not a problem.  To be honest I was a little frustrated when you said what you did considering everything I am having to do today.  But I appreciate you regrouping.  Just remember we are on the same side regarding Auburn and we both want the same end goal.    And like I told Gowebb11, it's a win/win situation for you.  If you are right at the end of the season you can rub it in my face.  If I am right we just had a really good season.  Either way you win.  

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

I had a small pond I shared with some neighbors. One of them, with good intent, treated it with copper sulfate at the wrong time of the year. I go out one morning before work and notice fish struggling on the surface...killed 75% to include a 12 lb. bass. I know how important oxygenation is...

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Fair enough.  Just wish he would say "KM needs work at pass protection" instead of making it about size.  It's a much more plausible explanation.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Glad you are picking up on the formula . And watch, we kill those teams and the same 2 or 3 usual suspects will come around again and tell us how Gus has everything figured . The same bunch who said it was a great idea to be vanilla against Georgia Southern and now want to make clemsons defense look like the early 2000 Miami Hurricanes. 

3 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

try again to cover for Gus and Chip...you can't... our biggest problem is scheming our routes and knowing how to get the ball into our plethora of playmakers hands...

What really bothers me, is Gus gives HS coaches a bad name.

Chip deserves some credit.  He must have some big cahoonas.  Anyone willing to attach themselves to that dipshartery we saw Saturday must be a man.  Admitting having anything to do with that offense is like being caught with the fat girl under the bleachers.  I ain't raising my hand when asked if I called plays.

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Fair enough.  Just wish he would say "KM needs work at pass protection" instead of making it about size.  It's a much more plausible explanation.

Im actually fine with the explanation but I guess to each his own. Would seem to throw KM's lack of pass protections skills under the bus when he didn't even factor into a game where we gave up 12 sacks.

13 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

It's an ugly marriage between two completely different schemes that isn't worth the paper they're printing those playsheets on. 

Seems that way thus far. Trying to mesh together two schemes hasn't worked. One needs to be scratched. 

Archived