Chip admits to calling all plays

WFE12

14 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Seems that way thus far. Trying to mesh together two schemes hasn't worked. One needs to be scratched. 

I know which one I'd like to see wiped off the white boards...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I know which one I'd like to see wiped off the white boards...

Yeah....we should burn Gus's playbook!

I thought everyone knew he was calling plays. It was pretty obvious when watching that we were passing a TON more than we have in many years. 

It is just that the plays were terrible combined with al of the other problems. Gus hired him so now it is his problem. 

OC Chip is OC Loeffler with more talent and a defense. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

What really bothers me, is Gus gives HS coaches a bad name.

BROTHER...AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH...

22 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I thought everyone knew he was calling plays. It was pretty obvious when watching that we were passing a TON more than we have in many years. 

It is just that the plays were terrible combined with al of the other problems. Gus hired him so now it is his problem. 

OC Chip is OC Loeffler with more talent and a defense. 

Again, he was calling the plays Gus told him to run.

wde

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

What I don't understand is, this is a guy that made people like Trooper Taylor, look like a decent coach? Heck, he made Gene Chiz look like an awesome coach for a couple of seasons. What has happened?

Gus sent Nick Sabin crying to the NCAA and the SEC for rules changes because he couldn't handle the offense. Bobby Bowden (and many others) called Gus a genius.

Tubbs said he wanted his son Tucker playing for Gus, so he could learn how to coach like him.

What has happened?

What was 2010 like?  Note the changes:

1.  HUNH after we got to the 50 yard to increase pressure

2.  He trusted QB to make a play (Cam N on 4th down against bama threw across his body to the sideline....did we see anything like that on 4th against Clemson?

3.  We used a mix of short and medium passes throughout the game to keep the D hones 

Nothing crazy, but combine those kind of changes and you have what you have.  And he is micromanaging his O staff because he feels pressure.  I wish he would just smile, he's got about 25 million in the bank, and let his O staff do their JOB!!!  let the chips fall where they may.  

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

What was 2010 like?  Note the changes:

1.  HUNH after we got to the 50 yard to increase pressure

2.  He trusted QB to make a play (Cam N on 4th down against bama threw across his body to the sideline....did we see anything like that on 4th against Clemson?

3.  We used a mix of short and medium passes throughout the game to keep the D hones 

Nothing crazy, but combine those kind of changes and you have what you have.  And he is micromanaging his O staff because he feels pressure.  I wish he would just smile, he's got about 25 million in the bank, and let his O staff do their JOB!!!  let the chips fall where they may.  

Thanks, that makes more sense than most things I've heard. Where is Al Borges in the coaching booth, inserting these crossing patterns, TE over the middle etc.?

22 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So Gus and Lindsey are both totally liars? You people kill me! Chip Lindsey is in way over his head! 

Chip isn't in over his head. His boss is. No clue why he is taking the heat for this. Gus didn't let him run his offense Saturday then Gus took over at the end of the 1st for the rest of the game. Fact. Same as GA Sourthern. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chip isn't in over his head. His boss is. No clue why he is taking the heat for this. Gus didn't let him run his offense Saturday then Gus took over at the end of the 1st for the rest of the game. Fact. Same as GA Sourthern. 

Feel awful for Chip...and the entire Football staff except Gus

6 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

Feel awful for Chip...and the entire Football staff except Gus

Ditto...

I think a LOT of Chip for shouldering the blame like that... NOT his fault.... THAT is a coach.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How would we know if Chip is in over his head?  He isn't allowed to do anything on his own.  I think he would be fine if allowed to run his offense from the beginning.  Changing now would be more of a disaster after practicing Gus's crap during spring and fall camps. 

I just read that Auburn is ranked 117th in the nation in passing offense.  We are also an FBS worst with 14 sacks allowed on the offensive line.  I don't see how Gus is going to get this turned around fast when the same ailing problems on offense have not been corrected in the last three years.  It just gets worst every year.

16 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I am calm.  This is me calm.  I'm not freaking out over ONE big game loss dude.  We have lost ALL the big games the last 4 years.  We lose to UGA(and 2 of those were to really bad UGA teams).  We lose to bama ( and yes they are very good but there we go conceding defeat again if we let Gus off the hook).  We lose the Sugar Bowl.  We lose to Clemson twice and both times if we ANY semblance of an offense we would have won and me and you wouldn't be having this conversation.  He will "fix" things just enough to beat the lesser teams and make guys like you happy but when LSU, UGA and the turds roll around we will see exactly what we saw Saturday night. Go read the thread about the data on Gus and defend the last 3 seasons as a whole and tell me where the big wins were?  Even the games that appeared to be big wins turned out not to be like LSU last year. Our offense has disappeared against good teams and not just this game.  Take away a tipped pass miracle against UGA and a once in a lifetime special teams play and some inexplicable decisions by saban in the kick six game and this guy is 0-8 against our two biggest rivals.  If that is enough for you to keep letting this guy off the hook then fine. Be happy with 8-4, we can brag about our win streaks over Arky and Ole Miss...yay.

There are plenty of things gus has clearly done wrong as a coach and deserves criticism for. The Clemson game plan last year for one. The poor evaluation of JJ is another. The poor in game adjustments (this years Clemson game). The lack of QB depth the last two years. But I don't understand why we even look at the games last year when Sean and pettway (and many more starters, including cox and KJ during UGA) were injured and pretend that's an indictment on Gus's offense. When the majority of your starting lineup, including your only competent QB, is injured, the game is null. The only truly valid criticism then is of his QB recruiting. The vast majority of the frustration fans feel is not based on logic, it's based on frustration from the unfortunate injuries we had 2 years in a row. Blame gus for his faults, not for our bad luck. The only truly negative trend I've seen with him is his bad in game adjustments. His QB recruiting has improved. His ability to delegate has improved (there's no way gus called a game where he passed it 2x as much as ran it, plus the obvious defensive improvement). Last year, he delegated his offense to Rhett when he saw it wasn't working, and it turned out beautifully. That's a willingness and ability to change your ways. If Sean and pettway didn't get injured we would certainly have beaten UGA and could have beaten bama and gone to the SECCG. Even against OU we looked great until Sean broke his arm. Why do we judge the coaches so harshly for offensive "trends" that are obviously caused by injuries, not coaching? 

16 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

There are plenty of things gus has clearly done wrong as a coach and deserves criticism for. The Clemson game plan last year for one. The poor evaluation of JJ is another. The poor in game adjustments (this years Clemson game). The lack of QB depth the last two years. But I don't understand why we even look at the games last year when Sean and pettway (and many more starters, including cox and KJ during UGA) were injured and pretend that's an indictment on Gus's offense. When the majority of your starting lineup, including your only competent QB, is injured, the game is null. The only truly valid criticism then is of his QB recruiting. The vast majority of the frustration fans feel is not based on logic, it's based on frustration from the unfortunate injuries we had 2 years in a row. Blame gus for his faults, not for our bad luck. The only truly negative trend I've seen with him is his bad in game adjustments. His QB recruiting has improved. His ability to delegate has improved (there's no way gus called a game where he passed it 2x as much as ran it, plus the obvious defensive improvement). Last year, he delegated his offense to Rhett when he saw it wasn't working, and it turned out beautifully. That's a willingness and ability to change your ways. If Sean and pettway didn't get injured we would certainly have beaten UGA and could have beaten bama and gone to the SECCG. Even against OU we looked great until Sean broke his arm. Why do we judge the coaches so harshly for offensive "trends" that are obviously caused by injuries, not coaching? 

Are you serious right now? That is pretty much a high priority in being any type of coach. WTF. I was going to respond to some other stuff in this post, but I had to stop myself after reading that one statement.

27 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

Are there unicorns in that world you live in?

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Let me guess. It had something to do with JS throwing an interception and the bad offensive line giving up the sack fumble.

Then he panicked after two trips to the Redzone against a good defense with no TD s. Fyi, we never got back. I do believe Gus called those plays on the goal line though, he loves bringing in lineman and pounding it nowhere for three straight downs.

It's clear he doesn't trust offensive coordinators . If he's going to lose he has to be the one driving us into the ground. To historical lows with amazing talent.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, corchjay said:

10 wins or bust in my opinion.  That includes a win against UGA or bammer

I'm afraid that it will be bust, if we don't make major changes in the right direction in the passing game. Right now, we are not even close!

If the proper changes are not made to the passing game then this is how it plays out:

You can rack up losses to Ga and ALA b/c of lack of a passing game to compliment the running game. That's 3 losses.

LSU and atm will be toss up games due to their lack of offense.

We will beat State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mizzu and the other cupcake teams for 6 more wins (like we did last year) just b/c of superior talent.

Leaving Gus with 7-9 wins, which is just not good enough for him to stay.

14 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chip was never qualified to come here.  It was a bad hire to begin with.  He was hired because he's a yes man.

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Rhett Lashlee liked this tweet btw...

LMAO you can't be serious, did Lashlee really like it?

15 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Let me guess. It had something to do with JS throwing an interception and the bad offensive line giving up the sack fumble.

Then he panicked after two trips to the Redzone against a good defense with no TD s. Fyi, we never got back. I do believe Gus called those plays on the goal line though, he loves bringing in lineman and pounding it nowhere for three straight downs.

It's clear he doesn't trust offensive coordinators . If he's going to lose he has to be the one driving us into the ground. To historical lows with amazing talent.

He def. made those calls. That's why we wasted a timeout b/c he was fidgeting and didn't know what to do. 

Archived