Al Del Greco on WJOX

doverstutts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

You can hear it in his voice, and he is not one to make hard statements concerning a person.    When Al has lost confidence in you, its time for you go

I don't listen to wjox so tell us more.

In short, he just said that all aspects of this offense are failures, and its frustrated to see the same failures over and over with no changes or adjustments.  Al usually looks for the silver lining in everything, but he didn't see anything that shines on saturday night...This speaks volumns

9 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

In short, he just said that all aspects of this offense are failures, and its frustrated to see the same failures over and over with no changes or adjustments.  Al usually looks for the silver lining in everything, but he didn't see anything that shines on saturday night...This speaks volumns

What influence does Del Greco (or his opinion) have regarding the AU football program?

wde

11 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

What influence does Del Greco (or his opinion) have regarding the AU football program?

wde

:blink:Did you really ask that out loud?

NFL Star, and One of the most beloved AU Players ever, radio personality, member of the media, but of course, he hasnt quite attained your status of Royal Rogue Booster on a Internet Message Board....

<smgdh>

I'm glad Al has a voice and the credibility  to get the word out, but he's voicing what any 14 year old junior high schooler knows. GM is in over his head. So is CL. And HH. And KB. 

41 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

:blink:Did you really ask that out loud?

NFL Star, and One of the most beloved AU Players ever, radio personality, member of the media, but of course, he hasnt quite attained your status of Royal Rogue Booster on a Internet Message Board....

<smgdh>

I get all of that, but does he have the ear of anyone at the PTB other than being a radio personality?  It was a legit question.  

wde

50 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

former kicker for dye and radio talk show host

I know that.  I was at AU the same time as Del Greco.  I was just asking how much real influence he may have other than being a former player and radio personality.

wde

By the way, I was not taking a shot at Del Greco at all.  I am truly curious if he has any influence with someone in the PTB beyond being a former player who has a radio show.  

wde

I think being one of the better known place kickers in the history of Auburn and his long running stint in the NFL, has a substantial amount of influence on the minds of the AU faithful. It does me. I respect him quite a lot.

Just now, CountStandya said:

I think being one of the better known place kickers in the history of Auburn and his long running stint in the NFL, has a substantial amount of influence on the minds of the AU faithful. It does me. I respect him quite a lot.

I get that he has influence in the minds of the AU faithful.  I am asking does he have influence with the decision makers at AU?

wde

8 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I get that he has influence in the minds of the AU faithful.  I am asking does he have influence with the decision makers at AU?

wde

Kevin Butler did when it came to making a change and getting Coach not so to UGA.

Just now, NorthGATiger said:

Kevin Butler did when it came to making a change and getting Coach not so to UGA.

I know.  My kids have all gone to Peachtree Ridge since 2005.  I am well aware of the Butler influence at UGA.

wde

having listened to Al for the better part of 8 years early in the morning ( i missed today due to the hurricane)   i wont be surprised if something doesnt happen.   You can bet Finebaum will do his best to talk about the situation and hopefully help us out in his ability get some trustees talking

14 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm in Stephens County. Daughter lives in Braselton. 

I am right there with her in downtown Hoschton.  

16 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

about 125 or so miles to your north in the mountains of NC!  Any bad weather your way yet?

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

about 125 or so miles to your north in the mountains of NC!  Any bad weather your way yet?

Wind is picking up considerably as we type.  Rain slowed down about two hours ago to just a light rain.

10 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Not much here yet. Light rain, and a little wind. We live down in a lower protected area on the lake though. If the top of my trees are barely moving,  I know it is fairly windy in town on higher ground. 

33 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm from Franklin County. Just thought I'd invade yall's conversation. 

Archived