Al Del Greco on WJOX

doverstutts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Al is 100% right. This offense has tanked. In fact, it's been tanking since the 2014 season. It's time for a change and starting with the head coach and AD.

8 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Oh, that's close. We're practically neighbors 

Live in Oklahoma now. Haven't been back to FC in years. Y'all kicked our rears  annually in football when I was in HS. Used to go to Toccoa all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Not much here yet. Light rain, and a little wind. We live down in a lower protected area on the lake though. If the top of my trees are barely moving,  I know it is fairly windy in town on higher ground. 

We live on the side of a mountain at 3050 feet above SL, and can get some nasty winds in storms like these with gusts of 60-70 mph.  Right now it is a cold steady rain with 30-40 mph occasional gusts. Last winter's main snow storm brought some heavy winds before the snow started. We get a lot of high winds on occasion throughout the year.  We love to eat at Cracker Barrel in Braselton on our way home from visiting folks in south Louisiana.  We like the Cracker Barrel in is it Opelika or Auburn?  This is the best one on the 750 mile both ways drive to Louisiana.  My wife's folks are from South Louisiana.  However, her dad is a huge UF Gator fan.  I tend to like UF better than LSU though folks.  My pastor is a UF grad, and a super guy. Took him and his  12 year old boy golfing at my home course last week. His boy had never played golf before and after a few adjustments, hit 5 greens in a row!  I am lucky to hit 5 greens in an 18 hole round! My average for 18 holes is a miserable 4.22 strokes per hole! (par 3 18 hole).

if Clemson shuts down Louisville come Saturday and holds them under 300 yards, I will feel just a few percentage points better. Not much though.  Saturday was the worst performance I have ever seen from an Auburn team in memory.

Just now, doc4aday said:

if Clemson shuts down Louisville come Saturday and holds them under 300 yards, I will feel just a few percentage points better. Not much though.  Saturday was the worst performance I have ever seen from an Auburn team in memory.

Interesting point. If we had lost 14-6 with 250 yards of offense but had a couple of red zone turnovers that costs us the game, I could live with that. But Gus is putting out inexplicable incompetence on the field on a regular basis now. 

3 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

By the way, I was not taking a shot at Del Greco at all.  I am truly curious if he has any influence with someone in the PTB beyond being a former player who has a radio show.  

wde

yes you were. Al, other than being one of the most well known and well liked Auburn players is also a very well liked media member. I would tell you that if Al is saying it then Dye is saying it as well. If Dye is saying it, then the BOT is almost assuredly saying it too. 

Stellar defenses left to play against in the order of best of the best we will see this season:

1. LSU (I think LSU is a top 3 SEC defense likely #1  with us coming in #3 behind them and the turds but not too much.

2. Clemson (2nd best we will face)

3. turds

4.UGA

5. MSU

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

yes you were.

yes you were.

yes you were.

No I was not you simpleton. Just stop shaking your damn scrambled head for a minute to admit you totally misinterpreted my post.

4 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Live in Oklahoma now. Haven't been back to FC in years. Y'all kicked our rears  annually in football when I was in HS. Used to go to Toccoa all the time. 

Yeah,  Stephens usually has a pretty good team. I've only lived here since 2007. Moved up here when We moved back to GA from Lakeland, FL. I'm originally from Opelika. Dad graduated from Auburn High. All my family was originally from GA though. At least dating back to my great grandfather, who was from Macon area. My grandfather worked for the southern Railway back in the early 1900's, and later owned a general store in Columbus in the 30's, and 40's. Where in OK? I used to work with a lot of Oklahoma guys in the oilfield. I worked for a company in ND that was based out of Woodward, OK.

6 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

yes you were. Al, other than being one of the most well known and well liked Auburn players is also a very well liked media member. I would tell you that if Al is saying it then Dye is saying it as well. If Dye is saying it, then the BOT is almost surely saying it too. 

I did not interpret him as taking a shot at anyone.  It sounded to me like he was asking if someone knowledgeable could confirm if Al Del Greco had real tangible influence upon the people that could get the ball rolling.  In other words, could his opinion act as a catalyst?

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I did not interpret him as taking a shot at anyone.  It sounded to me like he was asking if someone knowledgeable could confirm if Al Del Greco had real tangible influence upon the people that could get the ball rolling.  In other words, could his opinion act as a catalyst?

And...so you two think yall know as much and carry as much weight as a beloved former player and a successful media member? Historical context, Del Greco is about as big a positive a man as there comes. I doubt he would even make the statement without having said something to the PTB first.

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

yes you were. Al, other than being one of the most well known and well liked Auburn players is also a very well liked media member. I would tell you that if Al is saying it then Dye is saying it as well. If Dye is saying it, then the BOT is almost assuredly saying it too. 

I would 

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Ok, now you/someone has given an opinion as to how Del Greco may have the ear of the PTB. That was all I was asking!

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Ok, now you/someone has given an opinion as to how Del Greco may have the ear of the PTB. That was all I was asking!

I didnt hear you asking anything as much as pro-actively putting ADG down for his opinion.

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And...so you two think yall know as much and carry as much weight as a beloved former player and a successful media member? 

How in the world can you read what I, or AUIH1, wrote and reach that conclusion?  He was specifically asking how much weight does Al Del Greco's opinion carry, not implying that it had none or that he (AUIH1) had any.

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Whatever...

Just admit that you totally misinterpreted my question. It is to admit it

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Whatever...

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

If you didnt know who Al Del Greco was, why didnt you just ask?

I knew who Del Greco is and that he is radio talk show host in Birmingham.  I was at AU from 1981-1986.  I was just simply asking whether his opinion meant anything beyond having a radio show.   Your opinion is that he has Pat Dye's ear.  That is what I wanted to know.  

wde

I am sure this will make you again go full tilt towards stupid and irrational, but the less influence that Pat Dye has on our football program in 2017, the better it is for AU.  Pat Dye's influence (and those loyal to him) is a big reason we are in the position we are in today (Jay Jacobs being the AD).

wde

What's all the back and forth about Al Del Greco? This thread is about Al Del Grego. :dunno:

Been just sitting here reading the manure that's being slung around wondering if anybody had paid attention to the actual title of this thread! LOL

37 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I didnt hear you asking anything as much as pro-actively putting ADG down for his opinion.

Also, if you have paid attention to my posting history, you would know that I have no problem being very critical of AU legends when that is my opinion.  If I was going to put him down for his opinion, I would not have asked a question.

wde

57 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah,  Stephens usually has a pretty good team. I've only lived here since 2007. Moved up here when We moved back to GA from Lakeland, FL. I'm originally from Opelika. Dad graduated from Auburn High. All my family was originally from GA though. At least dating back to my great grandfather, who was from Macon area. My grandfather worked for the southern Railway back in the early 1900's, and later owned a general store in Columbus in the 30's, and 40's. Where in OK? I used to work with a lot of Oklahoma guys in the oilfield. I worked for a company in ND that was based out of Woodward, OK.

For arguments sake, I live and work in OKC. Went to grad school out here, moved to Lexington, Ky for 5 years and then came back. Wife and I love it out here (sans OU fans...). I grew up in Franklin Springs, just outside of Royston. Fun place to grow up. 

Archived