No need to call for Malzahn's exit, data shows it obvious

ChaddScott

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

LSU will tell a lot about his future . He lucked out last year with time expiring on them. I will reserve my judgement after that game , although I don't foresee it getting any better . If we have an embarrassing outing like Clemson , he truly needs to be let go. He definitely cannot afford to lose to any game to the average programs either 

I believe LSU came out ahead last year, overall.  They got a new coach and their program seems to be on the rise.  My fear is we go down to LSU and look like the 2011 offense which had 3 QBs, none of which was SEC caliber and was coached by Gus as the OC.  You're correct, LSU will tell the tale of the rest of the season.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I believe LSU came out ahead last year, overall.  They got a new coach and their program seems to be on the rise.  My fear is we go down to LSU and look like the 2011 offense which had 3 QBs, none of which was SEC caliber and was coached by Gus as the OC.  You're correct, LSU will tell the tale of the rest of the season.

Yep , it made LSU have no choice in replacing their stubborn HC, no matter how good of a guy he is. The bottom line is we have too much talent to be going through this . Way too much talent and what makes me more sick to my stomach is some of the spinners want to downplay the talent we have.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

LSU will tell a lot about his future . He lucked out last year with time expiring on them. I will reserve my judgement after that game , although I don't foresee it getting any better . If we have an embarrassing outing like Clemson , he truly needs to be let go. He definitely cannot afford to lose to any game to the average programs either 

I still think it ultimately comes down to uga even if we lose to LSU.  Some people will excuse a loss to LSU the same way they did to Clemson (road game, difficult place to play, ranked team, we kept it close, etc).   Now if we lose to anyone else other than LSU before uga then......

wde

I really do want Mr. Magoo to do well, because he is a good man.   He has had enough time to prove himself to be a good coach, and its obvious that he is a better man than he is a coach.   Time is up for him and Jethro Jacobs, they have to go.    They both are wealthy, so its not firing some poor sap making 30 grand, with a wife and 4 kids, trying to make ends meet.   This situation has degraded past the point of being repairable

6 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I still think it ultimately comes down to uga even if we lose to LSU.  Some people will excuse a loss to LSU the same way they did to Clemson (road game, difficult place to play, ranked team, we kept it close, etc).   Now if we lose to anyone else other than LSU before uga then......

wde

The way the Clemson game went down, he really has no choice but to beat LSU. That is how imperative I think it is for Gus. He absolutely has to win 2 out of 3 between  UGA, LSU and Bama in my eyes without  losing any other games.

The things Gus does well as a head coach NOW is NONE of the reasons for which we hired him. He seems to have the makings of someone who would be a good CEO Head Coach . Players seem to love him. Good recruiter. Runs a clean program. KNOCK ON WOOD but not a lot of off the field incidents. The players NEVER QUIT. He has never lost the team like chizik did. Even in the 2015 season. We have only truly been blown out once which was the 2014 thuga game. He really seems to motivates his players and gets them ready for games. UNFORTUNATELY HE DOES NOT SEE ALL OF THIS AT ALL!! He still thinks of himself as this offensive genius who is a mastermind who needs to have his hand in every play call, in every offensive meeting and micro manage chip and not allow him to run his offense WHEN CLEARLY THE GUS BUS OFFENSE IS NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so blind. He is so stubborn. When he gets fired it will be his own undoing and his legacy will be wasting some really talented Auburn teams. SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE GOOD HIRES ON DEFESNE AND JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY!?!? I know your ego will never allow you to see it but yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

The way we lost to Clemson he really has no choice but to beat LSU. That is how imperative I think it is for Gus. He absolutely has to win 2 out of 3 between  UGA, LSU and Bama in my eyes without  losing any other games.

I agree.  In my eyes as well. But, I know there are still a handful of posters who will still look the other way to give him another chance.  More concerning to me, is the feeling that our AD is going to use any justification possible to keep Gus should be lose to LSU, uga and spuat again.  Beating Arky, beating Ole Miss, Miss State and Texas A&M would give JJ a reason to say that we have shown improvement.

wde

I am sick of GM's "We just didn't get it done" replies!

And I was never confident or happy with the coach Hand hire. His track record was never anything but average. 

Time for a change.....

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Didn't this sort of happen with the offense last season around this time? I swear this is deja vu. 

Yep, just watch how the mood changes on this board when AU sweeps the next 4 opponents.....all this Clempsum noise will be a thing of the past. 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

The way the Clemson game went down, he really has no choice but to beat LSU. That is how imperative I think it is for Gus. He absolutely has to win 2 out of 3 between  UGA, LSU and Bama in my eyes without  losing any other games.

I almost think he has to beat Bama. Or at least play them very very competitive 

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep , it made LSU have no choice in replacing their stubborn HC, no matter how good of a guy he is. The bottom line is we have too much talent to be going through this . Way too much talent and what makes me more sick to my stomach is some of the spinners want to downplay the talent we have.

An admittedly ridiculous, yet also concerning, thought crossed my mind in the aftermath of the LSU game last year.  It came with a sinking feeling that briefly overrode the victory.  How bad has the situation become when losing to us, in Jordan-Hare, gets you fired midseason at LSU?

4 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I almost think he has to beat Bama. Or at least play them very very competitive 

Yep, we need to start playing to our level on both sides of the ball.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

An admittedly ridiculous, yet also concerning, thought crossed my mind in the aftermath of the LSU game last year.  It came with a sinking feeling that briefly overrode the victory.  How bad has the situation become when losing to us, in Jordan-Hare, gets you fired midseason at LSU?

The trajectory of that game will feel overpowering in a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

We got lucky on that win as well.

14 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Yeah, I was pretty bummed by the realization of that as well. 

I don't even care if the next guy is a good coach. I long for the days when we'd lose a game and be like " man that was a close one, our boys played lights-out". I just don't want to see a coach take a great team and just pure snuff it with a pillow like this bastard does. 

I mean who else is available though??? I agree that he needs to be replaced, but odds are, we hire some no name scrub just like him. Chad Morris or bust, if this whole thing goes down. Which means, Jay needs to go too. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean who else is available though??? I agree that he needs to be replaced, but odds are, we hire some no name scrub just like him. Chad Morris or bust, if this whole thing goes down. Which means, Jay needs to go too. 

Jay has to go if AU has any hope of hiring a competent coach.

wde

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Jay has to go if AU has any hope of hiring a competent coach.

wde

I just don't see the kind of coach we all want on the board. Chip Kelley maybe? Hell who knows. Feels like we are destined to go through this crap every 5-7 years. 

8 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I don't even care if the next guy is a good coach. I long for the days when we'd lose a game and be like " man that was a close one, our boys played lights-out". I just don't want to see a coach take a great team and just pure snuff it with a pillow like this bastard does. 

You know, what is so frustrating is I can see that we perhaps have the most talented roster top to bottom as I can remember at Auburn. We may be a little deficient at a couple of positions, but overall much more talented than we are showing. At least on the offensive side of the ball. The sad truth however is that we are not even competitive with the elite teams in the country from an offensive standpoint. When I can I try to watch other games on Saturday, and rarely see the confusion, and disarray that I see at Auburn. I watched the replay of OSU, and Oklahoma today, and was reminded just how inept we are on offense. Oklahoma won the game fairly handily, as most of you know, but it was because they had a distinct advantage at the QB position, and not because OSU couldn't figure out what the hell they were doing. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't mind getting beat by superior talent, but am not tolerant losing because of inferior coaching, and game planning. Any coach that is game planning against a team with a superior pass rush, and repeatedly runs slow developing play action passes, sometimes with double fakes, and can't figure out how to get the ball out of his QB''s hand quicker is a pure idiot. No other way to spin it. Auburn at this point is just not a well coached football team. At least twice Saturday night we gave up somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 hidden yards by allowing punts to hit the ground, and not fair catching the ball. That is poor coaching, pure and simple. People wonder why Nick Saban is so successful, well that was a prime example. If his punt returner had done that, not once, but twice, Nick might have had a cerebral hemorrhage right there on the sideline. Like him, or hate him, the man holds his players to a higher disciplined standard of play than most. That is the kind of coaching, and leadership we so desperately need at Auburn.  Rant over.

First post, AU grad, class of 1985.  Hello all.

Yes, Gus must go.  We just need to make sure we keep Kevin Steele.

I wish now we had hired Kirby Smart instead of Gus.

I'm so disappointed in myself,,, i drank the damn kool aid and got sucked in by this snake oil salesman again! We have the most talented roster on the plains since i've been watching Auburn and I actually went to my first A-day game in ~ 20 years. There are glaring signs that scream Gus is in over his head and has been the case since shortly after he got here. since he recruits well i've been willing to give him a pass and hope he can learn on the job,, sorta grow into a legit head coach. that's obviously not the case,,, quite the opposite! he has never been able to recognize talent and completely lucked out on several positions over the years; We have top 5 recruiting classes almost every year and they get worse when they are coached by Gus! (Our number one receiver is a former walk on kicker! Gus's genius "o" is based on a dual threat quarterback yet this idiot recruited "statues of liberty" for the job on his last 3 attempts! He is 100% incapable of making any adjustments to the game plan when everyone else in the stadium can see we need a couple short pass options available, etc! his unbridled arrogance and the insecurity he demonstrates every week at press conferences are not becoming of the head coaching position at Auburn University! Fire him NOW! We will win the exact number of games we would have won,,, may even pull one out we may not have won w/ the moron in charge! Of course i'm a great arm chair coach but watching this idiot really makes one wonder how in the heck he's managed to get this far,,, shocking! You really can't make it up! In closing i'm reminded that the offensive genius w/ 2 potential heisman trophy candidates and a loaded squad put up less yards on clemson than Kent state! Fire GUS immediately! It's not fair to coach steele and the guys on the defensive side of the field! This show can not go on!! Stop this charade now so someone can MAGA!

4 hours ago, keesler said:

Yep, just watch how the mood changes on this board when AU sweeps the next 4 opponents.....all this Clempsum noise will be a thing of the past. 

Then get curb stomped by Bama like we always do. 

58 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

First post, AU grad, class of 1985.  Hello all.

Yes, Gus must go.  We just need to make sure we keep Kevin Steele.

I wish now we had hired Kirby Smart instead of Gus.

I think coach Dye said at the time we should hire Smart. I think he may have been right.

19 minutes ago, div3 said:

I'm so disappointed in myself,,, i drank the damn kool aid and got sucked in by this snake oil salesman again! We have the most talented roster on the plains since i've been watching Auburn and I actually went to my first A-day game in ~ 20 years. There are glaring signs that scream Gus is in over his head and has been the case since shortly after he got here. since he recruits well i've been willing to give him a pass and hope he can learn on the job,, sorta grow into a legit head coach. that's obviously not the case,,, quite the opposite! he has never been able to recognize talent and completely lucked out on several positions over the years; We have top 5 recruiting classes almost every year and they get worse when they are coached by Gus! (Our number one receiver is a former walk on kicker! Gus's genius "o" is based on a dual threat quarterback yet this idiot recruited "statues of liberty" for the job on his last 3 attempts! He is 100% incapable of making any adjustments to the game plan when everyone else in the stadium can see we need a couple short pass options available, etc! his unbridled arrogance and the insecurity he demonstrates every week at press conferences are not becoming of the head coaching position at Auburn University! Fire him NOW! We will win the exact number of games we would have won,,, may even pull one out we may not have won w/ the moron in charge! Of course i'm a great arm chair coach but watching this idiot really makes one wonder how in the heck he's managed to get this far,,, shocking! You really can't make it up! In closing i'm reminded that the offensive genius w/ 2 potential heisman trophy candidates and a loaded squad put up less yards on clemson than Kent state! Fire GUS immediately! It's not fair to coach steele and the guys on the defensive side of the field! This show can not go on!! Stop this charade now so someone can MAGA!

A great post. That word in bold got me thinking..."Make America Great Again?" and then I realized you're onto something here. Make Auburn Great Again.

Archived