No need to call for Malzahn's exit, data shows it obvious

ChaddScott

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I believe LSU came out ahead last year, overall.  They got a new coach and their program seems to be on the rise.  My fear is we go down to LSU and look like the 2011 offense which had 3 QBs, none of which was SEC caliber and was coached by Gus as the OC.  You're correct, LSU will tell the tale of the rest of the season.

Guys, at this rate we will have 3 losses before the LSU game.  The tale will be told by then. 

24 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Guys, at this rate we will have 3 losses before the LSU game.  The tale will be told by then. 

Every single team we face this season will have a game plan that exploits the very obvious weaknesses in our offense, and wears down the defense in the 2nd half.  It's like Gus hands them the blueprint to beat AU early in the season because he never seems to make any significant adjustments as the weeks go by. If AU wins it's just because AU has better talent and it's enough to get by some teams. When we face an equally talented opponent Gus still plugs along with a stale,dysfunctional  game plan and Auburn can't do better than a FG in the red zone. For the life of me I can't understand it. 

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

Ouch!!!

On 9/11/2017 at 9:23 AM, keesler said:

Auburn is about to go on a 4 game win streak where the offense will shine.  All will be forgiven and fans will be jacked up and on top of the world again when we hit Baton Rouge.

I've seen this happen too many times in the last 3 yrs.......Folks get down on the coaching staff & Gus and want him canned, then he wins a string of games and opinions change and he somehow salvages his job.  Wash........Rinse........Repeat

I'm curious to know if this is still your position after the Mercer game today. I agree with you that what you described is what has happened in the past. That said, struggling with Mercer today and any margin of victory at Missouri (who got beat down by Purdue today) will not help Gus one bit if he loses to MSU at home. At a certain point the beating of inferior teams and losing to equal-talent teams catches up with him.

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

At this point...I don't think we get past Moo St. Everyone talking about LSU???. 

We've got a better shot at beating LSU at this point.  

Archived