Cole Cubelic on what went wrong Saturday.

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, kd4au said:

Wish Cole would weigh in on what he thinks of O-Line coach Hand.

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Which somewhat speaks to talent.  Many here believe our guys are just as talented as Clemson. I'm not sure about that. And their D is not the last that will give us major problems.

I do believe some semblance of an offensive identity, proper schemes and adjustments could have offset the problem allowing the opportunity for more points. 

38 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Which somewhat speaks to talent.  Many here believe our guys are just as talented as Clemson. I'm not sure about that. And their D is not the last that will give us major problems.

I do believe some semblance of an offensive identity, proper schemes and adjustments could have offset the problem allowing the opportunity for more points. 

That falls on coaching. I believe we have recruited slightly better than clemson since Malzahn has got here. The results on the field speak heavily though.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, AUFAN78 said:

I'd say it could also be due to inexperience.  I guy can have all the talent (i.e., potential) in the world, but still need to develop and get comfortable with his technique and reads.

Guest WarEagleSteve
On 9/12/2017 at 5:52 PM, triangletiger said:

I'd say it could also be due to inexperience.  I guy can have all the talent (i.e., potential) in the world, but still need to develop and get comfortable with his technique and reads.

This is true but it's much harder to get comfortable when the gameplan has set you up to fail. To use Prince Tega as an unfortunate example, Auburn called AT LEAST 35 passes against less than 30 run plays. That isn't a recipe for success for a freshman LT making his second ever start against one of the best D-Lines in the country. ESPECIALLY when most of those pass plays were long-developing deep routes. 

• 1 month later...

Lack of adjustments, particularly on offense. If you're loosing 1v1, FREAKING MAKE ADJUSTMENTS!!! Yeah the 1v1 was an symptom, but the disease is that the coaching staff did nothing to counter it. The D even did it this week, but the O, as usual, made no adjustments to what the LSU D was giving. I'm still raging about this one...such a stupid loss. :hammerin:

Archived