FWIW.

WarDamnEagleWDE

14 hours ago, corchjay said:

24 running plays called.  42 pass plays called.   Is that the hand of Gus?????????  I'm not trying to defend Gus but that is definitely not a Gus ratio.  

You do have a valid point.  There is enough blame to round of which 80% is legitimate and worthy of our criticism. Not sure on the 20% though!  I can leave this up to those in who know the whole 110% picture!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, thaitopher said:

I don't always agree with WDE, but I disagree. He is a valuable source of information.

He's a valuable source of negative information; he has been on Gus's case for several years. I do agree with him that if your specialty is Offense, and you have none it is time to look elsewhere for a coach. I don't think his sources are anyone that Gus would trust to give real information to.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Not personally but I know who he is...sorry

Cool. I know him well and knew he had walked on the team during that time period I believe.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

How does it not bother you that our HC finds himself in the exact same position at the exact same time he found himself in 2015 & 2016?  Trying to "fix" problems that he ultimately caused?  He's rearranged the deck chairs on his offensive staff since 2015 and hired/fired a few coaches, but somehow we still see a dysfunctional, fundamentally bad, injury prone, ineffective product on the field after having 8 months to prepare and scheme.

Will you be here Monday morning praising the staff for fixing the problems, adjusting the scheme, creating new offensive strategies after Auburn kicks the ever loving day lights out of mighty Mercer?  Or will it take two weeks when we annihilate Mizzou in their fearsome stadium? 

Saturday and Sunday are good....maybe even Monday morning too.....but there comes a time to give it a rest....JMO.

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

@WarDamnEagleWDE Do you know what Chips reaction was to Gus not only changing the offensive he worked all offseason to install but interjecting himself  into the gameplan playbook, etc after both Gus repeatedly stated they would run Chip's offense?  Also, what do you predict for our offense going forward?

I've said enough. Others here know some of these answers. They can chime in.   

16 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't believe the OP. No offense. I'm pretty skeptical when hearing things that  I can't fact check myself. Especially when it's as outlandish as changing the offense merely a couple days before game day. The same practice day normally used for putting final touches on the product before the walk through.

With you jeff. Got to practice this offense a long, long time in order to run it as consistently horrible as Gus does.

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

With you jeff. Got to practice this offense a long, long time in order to run it as consistently horrible as Gus does.

Beautifully done. 

As for how outlandish the OP is, I agree. It's very outlandish. Almost as outlandish as the offensive strategy against Clemson last year, to speak nothing of a few other decisions that were made last year. Gus is fully capable of unbelievable inanity. 

The absurdity of the OP actually being plausible at this current time is what should be blowing all of our minds right now. That is where Gus has placed himself and it's comically depressing that this is happening at a place like Auburn.

I can only attest that the plays I've seen over two games are NOT consistent with the plays I saw IN PERSON at practice this fall. 

We may be calling more pass plays, but the where are the quick slants, drag routes, quick bubbles RPOs that we all saw with our own eyes?!

why does Gus have a sheet of plays and formations in his hands at all?

want more proof? Watch the tv replay. Late 1st or early 2nd cut to Gus, see Gus mouth the words "trips right" then watch as we see Auburn run play that has...wait for it...trips right. 

All I can say is the original poster is a lot closer to the truth than we want to believe.

This is what happens when we hire a guy who identifies himself as a play caller instead of a head football coach

He has no interest in managing the game he literally just wants to manage the offense no matter how ugly it gets even if it means increasing HIS TEAM'S chances of winning by handing the reigns to someone else.

I mean the stats don't lie, our chances increase with someone else calling the shots because 117 yards is laughable. I bet Louisville eclipses that mark by the end of the 1st or 2nd quarter this weekend and we have significantly more overall talent than UL.

I love how our dear friend Marcello is taking digs at him!!! lol.

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

I can only attest that the plays I've seen over two games are NOT consistent with the plays I saw IN PERSON at practice this fall. 

We may be calling more pass plays, but the where are the quick slants, drag routes, quick bubbles RPOs that we all saw with our own eyes?!

why does Gus have a sheet of plays and formations in his hands at all?

want more proof? Watch the tv replay. Late 1st or early 2nd cut to Gus, see Gus mouth the words "trips right" then watch as we see Auburn run play that has...wait for it...trips right. 

All I can say is the original poster is a lot closer to the truth than we want to believe.

This is actually much more disconcerting than the original post based on believability....you are extremely believable. Seriously makes me wonder if there is something wrong with Malzahn besides just being stubborn. and I mean clinically. Not being dramatic but this type of thing sounds so off as to believe he has a deeper issue.

18 hours ago, corchjay said:

Doc you are correct.  The game plan to stop our offense has been figured out.  Man to Man on the edge, bracketed coverage to the middle of the field, Blitz inside on pass rush and run Blitz.  The thing is there are only about 4 teams on our schedule that has the quality of players to do all that but in those games we lose. 

And it is exactly why coach Saban discussed how he was going to be doing a lot more inside blitzing this season.   Seems to be the best way to disrupt an RPO type offense. 

8 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

This is actually much more disconcerting than the original post based on believability....you are extremely believable. Seriously makes me wonder if there is something wrong with Malzahn besides just being stubborn. and I mean clinically. Not being dramatic but this type of thing sounds so off as to believe he has a deeper issue.

Gus is a nut case.  It is pretty obvious by now.

wde

17 hours ago, corchjay said:

The drama of Auburn football.  Some enjoy the game.  Some enjoy the drama that surrounds it( I'm sure they are Jerry Springer/Paul Finebaum/reality TV fans as well).  I prefer to enjoy watching my favorite team play and not worry about all the other crap.  I'm in no position to change what happens anyway.  I do however have a huge problem with FANS trying to create a story of game plan changes, different offenses, and back story backstabbings that cause issues in the fanbase.  Listening to "some" of our fans we have 2 coaches that are liars.  Most people see and hear what they want to.  

No ill will towards you.  I was just still pissy from your mmmmmkay response last night.  

Each of you guys post great stuff that makes me think about the reality of the situation. Unless Gus & company can right the ship like it never has been done since 2013, big storm clouds will start brewing and we all know what will happen next. I remember that second I found out that Chizik was going to become the next coach, I literally threw up off of my back deck and lost about 8 pounds over the next 2 weeks. When Gus was named HC, I thought we made a nice hire and it seemed very much this was through mid season of 2014.

Then the $.hit the fan and has been pounded at it since stinking up the whole place.

Interesting that Chip is going into the booth considering how they talked up the fact that he needed to be on the sideline.  It is obvious what is going on with everyone relative to Gus meddling and his inability to let go.  He is not fooling ANYONE, but himself maybe.  This thing is gonna get fixed quick or it will implode quick.  

19 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I don't know yet. There are some convincing arguments being made. Some of the regulars don't seem to be denying it and they would know. Let's put it this way, I am listening.

If Gus worked for me, his office would be cleaned out.   $4 mil/yr,   8 months of prep AND you ran that offense on Saturday?   That's the best you got???   You'd be gone on Sunday, period.

IF he is putting him up in the booth so he can get a better view and take in the whole field and let CL just CALL the plays...

then I think that would be a good positive start... and maybe actually help with both CL's  play calling and CL see the big picture as the game is unfolding / and help CL MAKE ADJUSTMENTS...

But if he's sticking him up there... and Gus is still gonna run the O, then it will probably implode cause he won't listen to what Chip is seeing and trying to tell him...

I watched a 10 U. team practice last week. they threw a slant pass.

he is starting to remind me a lot of coach Red Beaulieu standing on the sidelines holding his playbook.

only difference is Reds plays work.

Just now, JGLEATON said:

IF he is putting him up in the booth so he can get a better view and take in the whole field and let CL just CALL the plays...

then I think that would be a good positive start... and maybe actually help with both CL's  play calling and CL see the big picture as the game is unfolding / and help CL MAKE ADJUSTMENTS...

But if he's sticking him up there... and Gus is still gonna run the O, then it will probably implode cause he won't listen to what Chip is seeing and trying to tell him...

I think you and all of us know which one it is friend........

Archived