FWIW.

WarDamnEagleWDE

This is going to be a bad year to fire a coach.  You could have aTm, Arkansas, UT, Ole Miss, and possibly UF looking for coaches at the end of the year.  Not to mention the other conferences that will be firing coaches.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It ain't a dig if it's the truth.

O absolutely! It is more calling gus out on his bs.

1 minute ago, AUatHeart said:

This is going to be a bad year to fire a coach.  You could have aTm, Arkansas, UT, Ole Miss, and possibly UF looking for coaches at the end of the year.  Not to mention the other conferences that will be firing coaches.

with luck Gus will go to one of the SEC West schools.

19 hours ago, corchjay said:

24 running plays called.  42 pass plays called.   Is that the hand of Gus?????????  I'm not trying to defend Gus but that is definitely not a Gus ratio.  

I do agree that it was mostly Chip calling plays. I just think those plays were mostly out of the playbook of Gus and not Chip's as far as concepts and adjustments. Well since we made no adjustments..we know that came from Gus's playbook no matter who was calling what.

25 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Thing is and I truly WISH Gus would come to his senses and FINALLY see the writing on the wall and right the ship...

But I  believe we truly HAVE a potential head coach (at least interim) and a leader in Coach Steele... and two Offensive coordinators ON staff... and a TRUCK LOAD of TALENT... 

and the BEST Defense we have had in a long time...

and sorry for the edit but I just keep thinking about  this...

we JUST played arguably the #1 or 2 team in the nation at THEIR crib in as hostile environment we will see... WITHOUT an OFFENSE
and played them HARD for 4 quarters and held them to 14 points... WITHOUT any OFFENSE...
and we still had a chance late in the game... and it was only the 2nd game of the year with some new unproven players... WITHOUT ANY OFFENSE...

Auburn potentially has a pretty good team if SOMEONE could just lead them...

3 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

Thing is and I truly WISH Gus would come to his senses and FINALLY see the writing on the wall and right the ship...

But I  believe we truly HAVE a potential head coach (at least interim) and a leader in Coach Steele... and two Offensive coordinators ON staff... and a TRUCK LOAD of TALENT... 

and the BEST Defense we have had in a long time...

We've been wishing for this for 3 years now. He's not going to change. I for one thought it had to be different this year since he knew he'd likely be fired if he didn't get it together. Apparently not. Gus is going to do it his way no matter what and even if he's forced to change he's found a way around still doing it his way. Unless we make it to the SEC Championship...i'm done. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

We've been wishing for this for 3 years now. He's not going to change. I for one thought it had to be different this year since he knew he'd likely be fired if he didn't get it together. Apparently not. Gus is going to do it his way no matter what and even if he's forced to change he's found a way around still doing it his way. Unless we make it to the SEC Championship...i'm done. 

I don't know if it's pride or just inability. Maybe it's both but I've never seen anyone have this much disregard or incompetency when it comes to their job.

7 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I know... I see this and I STILL can't FATHOM it... it is unbelievable that he can't see it himself... over... and over... what will it take... i have literally been dumbfounded since Saturday... I have never felt this way and really don't even know HOW to feel... it has kinda helped talking about it... laughing a bit on here and joking around...

It  seems most fans are pretty much all just collectively scratching our heads...

It seems only the highest of highs or the lowest of lows truly unit our fan bass...  

12 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

I know... I see this and I STILL can't FATHOM it... it is unbelievable that he can't see it himself... over... and over... what will it take... i have literally been dumbfounded since Saturday... I have never felt this way and really don't even know HOW to feel... it has kinda helped talking about it... laughing a bit on here and joking around...

It  seems most fans are pretty much all just collectively scratching our heads...

It seems only the highest of highs or the lowest of lows truly unit our fan bass...  

I'm going into the rest of the season like I walked into New Orleans last year:  who cares?  I'm here to party and have fun with friends/family.

Until changes are made, that will remain my attitude, because I'm getting too many grays at too young of an age worrying about this.  I've got tickets to Mizzou in two weeks. I'm going to play blackjack, eat steaks, see a new stadium, and hang out with friends that I rarely see.  Winning or losing the game is now a secondary concern.

When the articles stop giving the head coach ANY wiggle room something is up.  Usually, the writer gives the coach some wiggle room because they want to be able to interview said coach again.  When they put their thumb on the coach and keep it there something is up.  IMO.  I think the pressure will ramp up considerably and that Gus will be held accountable for everything from here on out.  

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't know if it's pride or just inability. Maybe it's both but I've never seen anyone have this much disregard or incompetency when it comes to their job.

100%. We're all scratching our heads at this point. Even those that have long stood by him. Because all of us hard working people fully understand that if this happened in our 9-5 job we would've been fired a long time ago! And we're not being paid millions to do our job. 

10 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Do any of y'all remember way back when when we were scared he was going to jump ship and go to the pros?

He'd still be a good fit for Cleveland. They have no expectations. 

22 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU isn't running the offense that was practiced all spring, summer and fall. Another wasted offseason when Gus changes everything a couple days before the game. 

This.  Gus has been told do not interfere with the offense anymore.  Now the running scheme is the same, but we are not running any of the RPO or passing routes we practiced all summer.  Gus thought our defense was going to win it for us which they almost did with a couple fumbles that could have been returned for tds.  The sacks all aren't on the OL either JS needs to throw the damn ball. How many did Bryant throw up for Clemson that were 50/50 and they came down with them.  I know of at least 3.  Middle of field was open all night especially 2nd half when they were blitzing lb on regular basis.

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This.  Gus has been told do not interfere with the offense anymore.  Now the running scheme is the same, but we are not running any of the RPO or passing routes we practiced all summer.  Gus thought our defense was going to win it for us which they almost did with a couple fumbles that could have been returned for tds.  The sacks all aren't on the OL either JS needs to throw the damn ball. How many did Bryant throw up for Clemson that were 50/50 and they came down with them.  I know of at least 3.  Middle of field was open all night especially 2nd half when they were blitzing lb on regular basis.

For clarification, when you say he has been told not to interfere anymore, is that starting now or the beginning of the season?  Did he defy orders?

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

So are the PTB going to come down hard on Gus and tell him again to leave CL to coach the offense?  He is a freakin liar and has lost the fans; next comes the players snd recruits.   Frankly he serves no purpose.

3 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

So are the PTB going to come down hard on Gus and tell him again to leave CL to coach the offense?  He is a freakin liar and has lost the fans; next comes the players snd recruits.   Frankly he serves no purpose.

They already have.  He has been instructed  Despite what you think of Gus he has assembled major talent across the board.  I didn't expect JS to start out like this but like WDE said we are not running the offense we practiced.  Gus still knows how to call a game with the right personnel but we don't have the right guy at qb for Gus.  We played against the best defensive line we will see all year by far.  Let this play out.  The players have not given up on him and neither have recruits yet.

14 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

But they have better WR's than us, at least better coached WR's. Our 50/50 balls will be more 80/20 with the other team int. them 80% of the time.

Wow! I am enjoying this early Homecoming Pep Rally !!?

14 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

They already have.  He has been instructed  Despite what you think of Gus he has assembled major talent across the board.  I didn't expect JS to start out like this but like WDE said we are not running the offense we practiced.  Gus still knows how to call a game with the right personnel but we don't have the right guy at qb for Gus.  We played against the best defensive line we will see all year by far.  Let this play out.  The players have not given up on him and neither have recruits yet.

There's a lot of problems with this, not you 23, but this scenario. 

1) JS is the right personnel at qb for almost any college football team. But not Gus. So why recruit him?

2) JS is the right qb for CL. And this CL's job and should be allowed to run his system. So why hire him?

3) Why allow this team to practice one way and call the game completely different?

4) If you're going to call the plays for a qb you don't think fits your system, why call the plays? Or why not just go ahead and call the plays for MW?

Far too illogical decisions being made but I guess that is just Gus' problem.

And many more why's but I got to clean up after my 2 year old.

37 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Dear sweet baby jesus let this be true ricky bobby... your'e not on fire...

34 minutes ago, kd4au said:

But they have better WR's than us, at least better coached WR's. Our 50/50 balls will be more 80/20 with the other team int. them 80% of the time.

We have 4 wr that are studs.  KD, NCM, DS, and RD/ES.

Archived