FWIW.

WarDamnEagleWDE

38 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

They already have.  He has been instructed  Despite what you think of Gus he has assembled major talent across the board.  I didn't expect JS to start out like this but like WDE said we are not running the offense we practiced.  Gus still knows how to call a game with the right personnel but we don't have the right guy at qb for Gus.  We played against the best defensive line we will see all year by far.  Let this play out.  The players have not given up on him and neither have recruits yet.

Just got told this.  Situation is very complicated right now.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, api1957 said:

There's a lot of problems with this, not you 23, but this scenario. 

1) JS is the right personnel at qb for almost any college football team. But not Gus. So why recruit him?

2) JS is the right qb for CL. And this CL's job and should be allowed to run his system. So why hire him?

3) Why allow this team to practice one way and call the game completely different?

4) If you're going to call the plays for a qb you don't think fits your system, why call the plays? Or why not just go ahead and call the plays for MW?

Far too illogical decisions being made but I guess that is just Gus' problem.

And many more why's but I got to clean up after my 2 year old.

First the offensive gameplan although it was a very bad one was followed.  We didn't want to turn the ball over and we expected to get a turnover or two which we did. JS has major problems holding on to the ball. JS has become gun shy and I really can't explain why.  He wasn't anything like this in spring and fall camp.  Gus passing plays require a great OL or a qb who can escape pressure.  I never thought I would say this after all he has done but I believe Sean WHite would have won the game Saturday even with the terrible game plan.  SW is not afraid to throw the ball.

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

First the offensive gameplan although it was a very bad one was followed.  We didn't want to turn the ball over and we expected to get a turnover or two which we did. JS has major problems holding on to the ball. JS has become gun shy and I really can't explain why.  He wasn't anything like this in spring and fall camp.  Gus passing plays require a great OL or a qb who can escape pressure.  I never thought I would say this after all he has done but I believe Sean WHite would have won the game Saturday even with the terrible game plan.  SW is not afraid to throw the ball.

Yep, said as much myself. SW is a winner. He wins that game for AU somehow. 

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

spill it !!!!!

If you are told not to do something and then you do it at one of the earliest chances you get and you fail, it angers people.

45 minutes ago, kd4au said:

But they have better WR's than us, at least better coached WR's. Our 50/50 balls will be more 80/20 with the other team int. them 80% of the time.

23's point, I think, is that we're not giving our guys chances to make plays. They'd look a lot better if anyone would ever throw them the ball.

Eli Stove sure crapped the bed the other night, though. Not lumping him in with the studs yet.

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

If you are told not to do something and then you do it at one of the earliest chances you get and you fail, it angers people.

^^^ this right here.... it IS a new day NOW... and I think he probably knows it or he will. or else... if he doesn't listen he becomes a liability.

btw  this is ALL starting to make perfect sense now actually...

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

and this is the major difference between Auburn and uat.

Their coach tells EVERYONE what to do, if not they are gone

yea but in THIS case.. I think the coach IS the one who NEEDS to be told what to do... unfortunately...

1 minute ago, JGLEATON said:

yea but in THIS case.. I think the coach IS the one who NEEDS to be told what to do... unfortunately...

If that is the case, then he is a waste of a multi-million dollar salary.  I would gladly do what I am told for a mere $1 million.

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

If that is the case, then he is a waste of a multi-million dollar salary.  I would gladly do what I am told for a mere $1 million.

i know right... they could pay me half that and I would gladly go sit in the booth and call tailback dives up the gut 4 quarters in a row too...

but only if the booth was air conditioned...  I draw the line right there.. .no doubt about it.

3 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

i know right... they could pay me half that and I would gladly go sit in the booth and call tailback dives up the gut 4 quarters in a row too...

Since I mostly do pentesting work for a living, they could have a bad football coach and very secure network infrastructure, for much less money.

30 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

But that doesn't address the problem of not running the plays practiced. And why Gus was calling the plays(or at least dictated the list of plays available). And doesn't make sense for the game plan to be a play it safe game plan and then run long developing plays with an overmatched and confused o-line. And doesn't address the lack of plays that beat the blitz. And the lack of any sensible adjustments that you, me or anyone who knows anything about football would make to help out your qb who is running for his life. I'm not saying JS is without blame but he sure didn't get any help from Gus. I'm not mad at you 23, just venting from the utter ineptitude I witnessed Saturday.

27 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

it makes the PTB very mad too

It sounds as if his fate is somewhat sealed unless there is a perfect ending for the season. 

All these conversations took place last year, yet here we are again with Gus giving the PTB the finger and making mind numbing mistakes.  The guy is not worth the trouble.  Get rid of him and bring in a real man, not have a mentally deficient numnut as the HC. 

I swear, I am so sick of the soap opera known As The Gus Turns. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

The sacks all aren't on the OL either JS needs to throw the damn ball. How many did Bryant throw up for Clemson that were 50/50 and they came down with them.  I know of at least 3.  Middle of field was open all night especially 2nd half when they were blitzing lb on regular basis.

This is exactly what I saw when I watched the replay (without the emotion involved). Yes the O line struggled. Yes there could have been some quicker plays drawn up. 

That said, the offense called could very easily have put up 21+ points if only JS would have hit open receivers in the middle. He never even threw them the ball when he had time. If they weren't wide open, he refused to let the ball go. All the people complaining about no crossing routes or slants only saw that none of those passes were thrown. The routes were run and were quite often plenty open to get the ball in there. The ball just wasnt thrown. The qb was scared and not seeing the field.   I think he will settle in the next few weeks and this whole argument will at least calm down.  I'd bet we are clicking by the time LSU rolls around. If we aren't then JS won't be the qb anymore. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

he was last year too.

Any chance he complies now? I have a hard time believing he will. The fact that he can't just run the ship and delegate things to his Coordinators (he's never even given them a chance) is disturbing. 

Archived