FWIW.

WarDamnEagleWDE

18 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Clemson is not as good as ya'll are giving them credit for being.     just watch

I agree, but Louisville is the only team (imo) that can beat them on the schedule. I think they are on a relatively easy path to the playoffs.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, aubcali said:

I agree, but Louisville is the only team (imo) that can beat them on the schedule. I think they are on a relatively easy path to the playoffs.

FSU offense will still hum without Francois.  May not be dynamic, but it'll be steady. They've also got basically 3 weeks to get those new QBs ready.

15 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Yeah, thats the rub.   Had the offensive idiot not screwed it up, winning would have looked a whole better on our resume than it should have, and nobody would be the wiser until muschamp kung fu-ed them

16 minutes ago, aubcali said:

I have this weird feeling that Miami will be a hurdle in the ACC Championship. And..following Clemson as my second team you can never ever overlook an NC State or Ga Tech. Always a problem for Clemson.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

FSU offense will still hum without Francois.  May not be dynamic, but it'll be steady. They've also got basically 3 weeks to get those new QBs ready.

they'll do okay, because Jimbo is a competent coach.    They have a nice defense in a weak conference.    I can see them only losing to clemson and could be surprised with that game

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Clemson is not as good as ya'll are giving them credit for being.     just watch

I said dline they have 4 nfl players 2 high 1st round picks. If u can block them or a great qb like LJ who can run and throw like that they can be beat. There secondary is not great we beat them a few times and either JS got sacked or held the ball.

2 hours ago, Strychnine said:

It really makes more sense for the OC to call plays from the press box.  He has a better view of what the entire offense is doing, and what the opposing defense is doing to counter.  If you have to analyze and make calls in real time, the vantage point is much better than the sideline.

My DC is on the sideline and I am the eyes in the box. For me it is so much easier seeing the routes from there. On the sideline, depending on the crown of the field, it can be extremely difficult to see what is happening on the far side.  My OC calls from the box for the same reason, he can see all the pieces and where to adjust.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Saban dictated the way he wanted his program run and removed anyone that disagreed with it. He explicitly and in great detail explained how it was to be done. He then showed how he wanted it handled. He now runs the team as the CEO with everyone in step with his ideas. He does not need to meddle. Its being done his way each and every time. 

Exactly he has total control. I can promise Gus doesn't meddle in defense. He better stop or gain his mojo back fast. Gus offense works very good with a mobile qb like JG or JF would be an absolute stud in it. It could also work if we had an elite offensive line with a qb like Stidham, but we don't right now. It is a run play action offense with a qb like stidham. Stidham can't escape pressure aND make plays and holds ball to long. I think he will be very good and has been at practice but he has made some mistakes early in his 5th start 2nd n 2 years. We don't have the oline for it but we do for the offense Chip runs.  We may have elite oline by end of year but our pass blocking better improve. His offenses at Tulsa never faced SEC defenses every week. We have lacked the qb recruiting or missed on JJ and Woody. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My DC is on the sideline and I am the eyes in the box. For me it is so much easier seeing the routes from there. On the sideline, depending on the crown of the field, it can be extremely difficult to see what is happening on the far side.  My OC calls from the box for the same reason, he can see all the pieces and where to adjust.

That is exactly why I would expect an OC to be up in the box.  You can clearly see what everyone is doing, in real time.  It seems the obvious place to call plays from.  Of course, I am not a coach.  It just makes sense for an OC to be in the box, to see the whole picture, and an OL coach to be on the sideline to coach his players.

6 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

That is exactly why I would expect an OC to be up in the box.  You can clearly see what everyone is doing, in real time.  It seems the obvious place to call plays from.  Of course, I am not a coach.  It just makes sense for an OC to be in the box, to see the whole picture, and an OL coach to be on the sideline to coach his players.

Almost makes you feel like Hand has been the de facto OC all along. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well he hasn't been doing much O-Line coaching , so he might as well be calling plays in between barbeques and cooking shows.

Has anyone else noticed how the media has been relentless going after Gus this week?  The negative articles continue very pointedly and charging that he is still controlling the offense and not letting CL do what he was hired to do.  They are on the warpath and determined not to let Gus escape this charge.  He dodged the question every which way at the press conference which just got everyone more irate.  This is not going away.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Given the co-coordinator thing they did at Tulsa, I think that is a logical assumption.  The box definitely does not seem like an efficient place to coach a group of linemen from.

3 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Has anyone else noticed how the media has been relentless going after Gus this week?  The negative articles continue very pointedly and charging that he is still controlling the offense and not letting CL do what he was hired to do.  They are on the warpath and determined not to let Gus escape this charge.  He dodged the question every which way at the press conference which just got everyone more irate.  This is not going away.

I expect they will continue to go after him, unless and until he gives them something better to talk about.

4 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Even the beat writers don't like him, and haven't for quite some time. Not saying that's entirely his fault, but no, he's not going to be treated well right now. The only way he's going to get love is to win games. And I'm okay with that at this point. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Even the beat writers don't like him, and haven't for quite some time. Not saying that's entirely his fault, but no, he's not going to be treated well right now. The only way he's going to get love is to win games. And I'm okay with that at this point. 

In pressers or interviews, he frequently seems like he is completely disinterested in being there.  I can see how that alone would not exactly endear him to the press.  When his area of expertise has been struggling for a few years, he becomes fantastic low-hanging fruit.

I watched the 2016 ASU/Texas Tech game the other night.... needless to say, this was not the same offense. ASU scored 68 points albeit against Texas tech.

There is offensive production in there somewhere. I'm just hoping Gus can check his ego at the door the rest of the season....

15 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Take the names off the jersey's and you couldn't tell the difference between the Clemson game last year and this year. Throw the UGA game in their too.  He's taking heat because its very obvious he's refusing to change/adapt. Also, 5 straight years of Top 10 recruiting classes isn't showing itself in terms of wins. Something is off.

23 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Because they have him on video saying he is retiring the clipboard and this is Chip's offense.  They know that Gus did not offer this quote up to the media, unlike one poster would claim, but was instructed to make that comment public.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

No pressure on him with Chris Todd. 

I keep hearing that he set records with CT, but was the SECW as good as it is now?  CT would have been carried off the field Sat night vs. Clemson.

40 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Don't get me wrong, I hate the liberal media, including so-called sports media, but like us, they are tired of his lies....he is pissing on everybody's head and telling them that its raining, when simple truth would do so much better

40 minutes ago, thacheetah11 said:

I watched the 2016 ASU/Texas Tech game the other night.... needless to say, this was not the same offense. ASU scored 68 points albeit against Texas tech.

There is offensive production in there somewhere. I'm just hoping Gus can check his ego at the door the rest of the season....

I pray you are right, but fear the worst.

13 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

I keep hearing that he set records with CT, but was the SECW as good as it is now?  CT would have been carried off the field Sat night vs. Clemson.

CT was much better than the average Auburn fan gives him credit for.

12 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

That was 8 years (practically a lifetime in SEC years) ago...his shiny new offense took us to 2 championship games, got a lot of publicity, and defensive coordinators spent a lot, A LOT, of time figuring out how to stop it.  And they have.  Gus appears to have been a one hit wonder....which isn't bad except that we hitched ourselves to it thinking he was going to continually innovate like Spurrier.  Other coaches have taken his system and evolved it.  He has not.  You can't do what you've been doing and expect to stay on top...not in almost any industry.  I think Gus gets that, but his new ideas simply suck (kind of like when an old band tries to change genres to boost record sales).  

Archived