FWIW.

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first read the OP I thought it had to be a joke. The word 'bizarre' doesn't even adequately describe it. But if this is true we have us a big problem on our hands folks. SMH

Hey @augolf1716, did you know a running back from that era by the name of Kenneth "Ken" Moore?

Just now, IronMan70 said:

When I first read the OP I thought it had to be a joke. The word 'bizarre' doesn't even adequately describe it. But if this is true we have us a big problem on our hands folks. SMH

so you're coming around to the idea?

What's shocking is that no one is really surprised. It's sorta like well yeah I can see Gus doing that. Scary really what's it become with this coach. 

8 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I'ma leave this right here.... (About who liked this tweet)

Screenshot_20170911-213825.png

The problem wasn't CRL either. I'm sure he's buthurt about coaching UCONN right now.

Just now, NoALtiger said:

What's shocking is that no one is really surprised. It's sorta like well yeah I can see Gus doing that. Scary really what's it become with this coach. 

Auburn is paying this man 4 mill a year. That is even scarier. 

1 minute ago, Vegaseagle1 said:

This can not be true.  Gus could not be that big of a dumb @ss !   No way!!  But, if true, then he needs to win out to save his job. I am about to be off the bus.

you mean you are still on it?........smh

I don't believe the OP. No offense. I'm pretty skeptical when hearing things that  I can't fact check myself. Especially when it's as outlandish as changing the offense merely a couple days before game day. The same practice day normally used for putting final touches on the product before the walk through.

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I am to the point that I don't care what happens to Gus or the staff considering his failures in Big Games... 

But you are an idiot if you think the offense that we saw Saturday night is not the same as we saw A-day (spring)

Just watch a little bit of it... Don't watch result of the play just watch the play call itself.  Alignment, Routes, running game... All the same from A-Day.

Proof...  

One thing I notice is the wr alignment.  We pretty much had 3-4 receivers out every play at a-day. Plus we had the two receivers stacked on almost every play.  I watched a little more of the game saturday and we ran alot more 2 receiver sets and I only remember seeing receivers stacked once although it probably happened more. 

The running game is going to look the same. Maybe we had more 2 receiver sets due to qb protection? If so, it failed miserably. What about the nearly complete lack of two receiver stacks? We seemed to run and throw more short routes at a-day too. 

27 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

so you're coming around to the idea?

I don't know yet. There are some convincing arguments being made. Some of the regulars don't seem to be denying it and they would know. Let's put it this way, I am listening.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't believe the OP. No offense. I'm pretty skeptical when hearing things that  I can't fact check myself. Especially when it's as outlandish as changing the offense merely a couple days before game day. The same practice day normally used for putting final touches on the product before the walk through.

I agree 100% but, if it is true..... Gus is one stupid(want to be head coach) . 

Just now, tiger88 said:

One thing I notice is the wr alignment.  We pretty much had 3-4 receivers out every play at a-day. Plus we had the two receivers stacked on almost every play.  I watched a little more of the game saturday and we ran alot more 2 receiver sets and I only remember seeing receivers stacked once although it probably happened more. 

The running game is going to look the same. Maybe we had more 2 receiver sets due to qb protection? If so, it failed miserably. What about the nearly complete lack of two receiver stacks? We seemed to run and throw more short routes at a-day too. 

The stack wasn't working against Clemson.  So they tried to widen the alignment to create space for the outside deep ball.

looked like Jarretts first read is the deep ball.  By the time he came off it he had no time.  

Chip even mentioned it in his presser yesterday in the 2nd half they were looking to hit a big play on a deep throw.  So they kept trying and trying.  Why you ask?

OL blocking couldn't sustain drives and allow for a run game.  

27 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I'ma leave this right here.... (About who liked this tweet)

Screenshot_20170911-213825.png

No it's not Stidham.  It's the entire offense.  Players and staff.  But the buck stops at the top.  Watch we will play Mercer all the same plays will be called and we will run up 50+ points.  Miss State we will put up in the 30's.  LSU low 20's or teens same with Bama.

I am curious - did Gus give anyone an explanation as to why the 180 degree turnaround or did he just cold turkey up and say a change would be made no discussion. Seems really odd to me. 

Archived