FWIW.

WarDamnEagleWDE

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I was saying we are saying the same thing and have been since Saturday evening.  I provide input.  People like it some don't and I'm not defending Gus.  I'm only speaking to what I see in the alignment, my perception of the play call, and the execution.  

You just got all sensitive there and got a bit personal. You have me on the fence leaning towards chip running the O saturday.  I was enjoying the conversation, then wham, you came off the top rope with the like stats. Lol

Had you said it like you just did, well that would have been nice. 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The notion that we had a system and dumped it late last week in preperation, and that CRL is trolling the coaching staff at Auburn on twitter? Tell me, should I be waking up in the next couple mornings looking for an Auburn press conference? Honestly- how far away can it really be? All joking aside, seems like the most meaningful thread I've seen on here in my short tenure.

1 minute ago, tiger88 said:

You just got all sensitive there and got a bit personal. You have me on the fence leaning towards chip running the O saturday.  I was enjoying the conversation, then wham, you came off the top rope with the like stats. Lol

Had you said it like you just did, well that would have been nice. 

The drama of Auburn football.  Some enjoy the game.  Some enjoy the drama that surrounds it( I'm sure they are Jerry Springer/Paul Finebaum/reality TV fans as well).  I prefer to enjoy watching my favorite team play and not worry about all the other crap.  I'm in no position to change what happens anyway.  I do however have a huge problem with FANS trying to create a story of game plan changes, different offenses, and back story backstabbings that cause issues in the fanbase.  Listening to "some" of our fans we have 2 coaches that are liars.  Most people see and hear what they want to.  

No ill will towards you.  I was just still pissy from your mmmmmkay response last night.  

12 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

The notion that we had a system and dumped it late last week in preperation, and that CRL is trolling the coaching staff at Auburn on twitter? Tell me, should I be waking up in the next couple mornings looking for an Auburn press conference? Honestly- how far away can it really be? All joking aside, seems like the most meaningful thread I've seen on here in my short tenure.

I don't know if I would take Lashlee's like of that tweet as trolling.  It's probably more of a like of the big picture in that the issues don't fall on 1 player, the QB, but the entire offense.  Staff included.  I seriously doubt Rhett has any ill will towards Gus.  He's made him a millionaire.   Here's an idea.  I'll go be OC at AU and Gus can do whatever he wants if I get $850k per year for 4 years.  And I wasn't even a good High school OC.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I don't know if I would take Lashlee's like of that tweet as trolling.  It's probably more of a like of the big picture in that the issues don't fall on 1 player, the QB, but the entire offense.  Staff included.  I seriously doubt Rhett has any ill will towards Gus.  He's made him a millionaire.   Here's an idea.  I'll go be OC at AU and Gus can do whatever he wants if I get $850k per year for 4 years. 

Agree. I think posters are reading way too much into that like. 

I don't know if I would take Lashlee's like of that tweet as trolling.  It's probably more of a like of the big picture in that the issues don't fall on 1 player, the QB, but the entire offense.  Staff included.  I seriously doubt Rhett has any ill will towards Gus.  He's made him a millionaire.   Here's an idea.  I'll go be OC at AU and Gus can do whatever he wants if I get $850k per year for 4 years. 

Actually cleared it up some. Rhett saying the blame goes all around, protecting the qb, more so than piling on a coach. I get it now. But we know exactly what Marcello was saying.

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Agree. I think posters are reading way too much into that like. 

Lashlee is the main reason Stidham is at Auburn. They have a close relationship.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

LOL. Did i read somebody talking about their likes? That's when the thread should've been locked

Yep me.  Thanks for noticing.   But I agree the thread should have been locked with the idiotic original posting. 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Yep me.  Thanks for noticing.   But I agree the thread should have been locked with the idiotic original posting. 

I don't always agree with WDE, but I disagree. He is a valuable source of information.

I understand he is a valuable source of information, but there is a clear agenda too. (And I'm not a Malzahn apologist. I'm not anyone important. Just been following this board a long time and see the same thing from the same poster since D.C. Left)

Just now, thaitopher said:

I don't always agree with WDE, but I disagree. He is a valuable source of information.

I'll put it this way.  I fact checked something he said last week with my sources.  There was no mention of what he said and that was straight from Chip to a high school coach and then to me.  He has an agenda and that agenda is to create turmoil around Gus.  Any opportunity he gets he jumps on it because his hero D. Craig got canned for being terrible position coach.  

But I will add I have no doubt WDE has sources but some are from the bunker and the insider sources he has is just as tainted as he is.  Hit 23 up with a personal message if you want to know if we are running a different offense.  

Plus at this point Gus is the head coach.  It's his show.  He can do what he wants.  When the powers that be decide they don't want him then they will get rid of him.  

I'll put it this way.  I fact checked something he said last week with my sources.  There was no mention of what he said and that was straight from Chip to a high school coach and then to me.  He has an agenda and that agenda is to create turmoil around Gus.  Any opportunity he gets he jumps on it because his hero D. Craig got canned for being terrible position coach.  

But I will add I have no doubt WDE has sources but some are from the bunker and the insider sources he has is just as tainted as he is.  Hit 23 up with a personal message if you want to know if we are running a different offense.  

Plus at this point Gus is the head coach.  It's his show.  He can do what he wants.  When the powers that be decide they don't want him then they will get rid of him.  

Fair enough. I don't have any of my own sources to compare his statement to like you do. 

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Doc you are correct.  The game plan to stop our offense has been figured out.  Man to Man on the edge, bracketed coverage to the middle of the field, Blitz inside on pass rush and run Blitz.  The thing is there are only about 4 teams on our schedule that has the quality of players to do all that but in those games we lose. 

So serious question for something you said corch Jay. .  how do we attack and adjust to the 4 teams who can do that... other than quick slants and short passes.. can we adjust with THIS offense.. does that nessesitate maybe a running QB threat... with the personel we HAVE... what do we do?

And btw. . I TRY to joke around a bit and keep it light in the midst of  all the gloom n doom some times. .. maybe that can come off as trollish sometimes?? My god... this thread has me thinking I might be a troll... maybe I am a troll and i didnt know it? If you actually question whether you are a troll or not can you even BE a troll... wouldn't I KNOW I was a troll if in fact, I was...  a troll? 

I am certain I am not a troll... just joking.... probably.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

The drama of Auburn football.  Some enjoy the game.  Some enjoy the drama that surrounds it( I'm sure they are Jerry Springer/Paul Finebaum/reality TV fans as well).  I prefer to enjoy watching my favorite team play and not worry about all the other crap.  I'm in no position to change what happens anyway.  I do however have a huge problem with FANS trying to create a story of game plan changes, different offenses, and back story backstabbings that cause issues in the fanbase.  Listening to "some" of our fans we have 2 coaches that are liars.  Most people see and hear what they want to.  

No ill will towards you.  I was just still pissy from your mmmmmkay response last night.  

Well, that was just wrong for me, but I was skeptical about your response, but gave you the benefit of the doubt. 

You are a great asset to the board, but take it fwiw, develop a bit thicker skin. You coached so I know you have it. Unless the team does a 180 offensively against the good defenses it will get much worse. I have just been feeling you out a little and you seem okay so far other than that one post. I have no ill will either. 

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

Just repeating what Chip said in his presser.  

But regardless of all that.  Of any route tree.  We are run first team and I'm glad of that but if you can't run and you're a power inside running team you're offense is gonna look like crap.  

Is Dabo getting crap about his offense?  The did very little as well.  They got a couple PI calls, hit a 50/50 ball, and QB run from 30 yards out on a lineman misfit and a miss tackle by the line backer.  Their OL blocked mildly better then ours.  

Actually, he is getting crap about his offense from Clemson fans and they put up close to 300 yards on a good defense. So, that tells you where their expectations are. Thanks for playing. Now, let me know when he puts up fewer yards than Kent state at a whopping 120.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

I don't know if I would take Lashlee's like of that tweet as trolling.  It's probably more of a like of the big picture in that the issues don't fall on 1 player, the QB, but the entire offense.  Staff included.  I seriously doubt Rhett has any ill will towards Gus.  He's made him a millionaire.   Here's an idea.  I'll go be OC at AU and Gus can do whatever he wants if I get $850k per year for 4 years.  And I wasn't even a good High school OC.  

Wait what....I want all my likes back!!

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

And if you want a pissing match I've posted 1563 post with 1620 likes... you've posted over 14000 post with 344 likes.  

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Lmao, 23 has proven to be far more agenda driven than WDE.

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Any opportunity he gets he jumps on it because his hero D. Craig got canned for being terrible position coach.  

I've never recognized WDE's affinity for Craig. But I unashamedly have one. 

Craig wasn't fired. He left after he brought in 4 stud recruits just for Auburn to enjoy. And he left because he wasn't happy with the direction of the offense and that his opinion didn't have any effect on CRL and CGM. Lastly, he was no worse of a position coach than Kodi. Gus's own offense hampered the growth of the receivers, not DC's instruction. 

Archived