AU vs. Mercer - Weekly Presser

doverstutts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

No it won't.  Gus is going to throw BS coachspeak out there like he always does.  Gus has mental issues.

wde

there will be some hard questions asked today that can't be bullshitted around

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

there will be some hard questions asked today that can't be bullshitted around

Are you kidding, watch Gus slither around these hard questions, it's what he does best.

2 minutes ago, aubigblue said:

Chip going upstairs,

Hand coming down to sidelines.

Gus says we have a really good offense.

The last time we switched a sideline coach for a press box coach was during the Nallsminger days. Writing on the wall. 

10 minutes ago, aubigblue said:

Chip going upstairs,

Hand coming down to sidelines.

Gus says we have a really good offense.

Grabbing at straws now. I guess they don't want anymore video evidence raising questions as to who is running the offense. This is in stark contrast to the previous narrative that because of a new offense, and new QB, Chip would be on the sideline. 

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

In the past, has chip called plays from the booth or the field?

I believe they said at the start of the year that he has always been in box and that is one reason this was going to be such a change for him.

25 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The last time we switched a sideline coach for a press box coach was during the Nallsminger days. Writing on the wall. 

We actually did it during the Tony Franklin fiasco too.  If I'm not mistaken, Loeffler also went to the booth.  This has success written all over.

"These guys are young and learning"  "no doubt we'll get better"  "we're learning a lot about this team" "we'll make the necessary adjustments"  "lot of young guys getting experience out there" "this team has the potential of being great"   "we didn't play very well out there, that starts with us coaches"  "there's still a lot of football left, i'll tell you this, this team is not giving up"

You'll hear a lot of the same old same old from Gus.  Words don't make a bit of difference when it comes to implementing real change.

Archived