Bad loss for AU but...

austudnt23

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl.  The iron bowl will decide the west.  Our defense is that good and our offense will improve.  LSU will be our biggest test and I don't see anyway Etling can beat us.  We will get the OL fixed.  Despite how bad we played if we score on the 1st drive we win the game.  IF we go up 7-0 and have momentum then we would have scored again after they turned the ball over.  Our defense is very very good, and despite what we saw Saturday our offense is not near that bad.  Gus took the reigns on offense, but I don't expect him to do this again.  Now you can say he has done it since 2015 but that was with RL.  Very bad loss and offensive performance I know this.  Like I said though I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl which will be a toss up.

You sound like me........however, I am taking a more cautious path for the rest of the season. I think we will be either 8-3 or 9-2 going into the Iron Bowl. However........we could be 7-4 or 6-5 going into the Iron Bowl. I hope with all my heart that we will be 9-2 going into the Iron Bowl. I just cannot bring myself to being 10-1 going into the Iron Bowl.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Like how john franklin would be the starting QB last year?.....I don't need your advice

Apparently you do if you don't know how to make posts correctly and misquote people.

I'm not about to drink the koolaid.  There are too many issues that need to be resolved for this team to win at least 10 games.  After what I've seen the last several seasons, I'm in a Missouri state of mind.  Gus needs to stop telling us that the issues will be resolved and "show" us that they've been resolved.  

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks for this post.  Very refreshing with everyone seeming to think the world is falling apart.  Ohio State had a bad outing like we did and they aren't freaking out like us.  I agree with what you say.  Historically our o-line has drastically improved around this time every year, and I wouldn't expect this year to be any different.  Fix this, and everything else falls in line.  War Eagle!

Uh, Ohio State gained way more than 117 yards, and,certainly didn't give up 11 sacks. Ohio State got beat by a better team. Auburn got beat before they got off the bus because we have a coach that is completely out of his league. 

People need to chill the $!#% out. Why do you have to resort to tactics that are beneath us?. People post things on here to try to be uplifting or encouraging get sh¡{{ed on! It's cool to debate but to insult someone is asinine 

12 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

He has no clue how to fix it, so you we might as well face it, another promising season down the drain.   I have no more emotional cash to spend on a Malzahn coached football team

He knows darn well how to fix it: let his coordinators and assistants do their job. But he can't. He's too insecure and paranoid. It would be one thing if he were controlling, and the results were good. But he's got to be delusional to watch the game film and not realize that his meddling is a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Uh, Ohio State gained way more than 117 yards, and,certainly didn't give up 11 sacks. Ohio State got beat by a better team. Auburn got beat before they got off the bus because we have a coach that is completely out of his league. 

At this point in the season Clemson was the better team.  And I also think if Clemson faced Oklahoma as of today, they would come out on top.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl.  The iron bowl will decide the west.  Our defense is that good and our offense will improve.  LSU will be our biggest test and I don't see anyway Etling can beat us.  We will get the OL fixed.  Despite how bad we played if we score on the 1st drive we win the game.  IF we go up 7-0 and have momentum then we would have scored again after they turned the ball over.  Our defense is very very good, and despite what we saw Saturday our offense is not near that bad.  Gus took the reigns on offense, but I don't expect him to do this again.  Now you can say he has done it since 2015 but that was with RL.  Very bad loss and offensive performance I know this.  Like I said though I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl which will be a toss up.

I hope you are right, but we are 2-8 vs UGA the last 10 years. I refuse to expect beating them, until we beat them. 

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

People need to chill the $!#% out. Why do you have to resort to tactics that are beneath us?. People post things on here to try to be uplifting or encouraging get sh¡{{ed on! It's cool to debate but to insult someone is asinine 

Yep....got a new poster on here who has a real agenda and is almost nasty to anyone who does  not agree.  Guess you have to put up with some of  that stuff on a public forum but IMO, there are limits...

Just now, abw0004 said:

At this point in the season Clemson was the better team.  And I also think if Clemson faced Oklahoma as of today, they would come out on top.

We certainly disagree on that one. Baker Mayfield would not get sacked 11 times, because one, he is much more mobile than Stidham, and two, Oklahoma coaching staff would scheme to get the ball out of his hand before the rush could have free shots on him. He certainly wouldn't be back there making multiple play action fakes on 3rd, and 15. You guys can make excuses for Gus, and pump all the sunshine you want, but I'm done with hoping he will someday sit in front of some Buddha shrine, and miraculously become enlightened. I've seen enough unexplainable ineptness in his game planning to last me a lifetime. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

We certainly disagree on that one. Baker Mayfield would not get sacked 11 times, because one, he is much more mobile than Stidham, and two, Oklahoma coaching staff would scheme to get the ball out of his hand before the rush could have free shots on him. He certainly wouldn't be back there making multiple play action fakes on 3rd, and 15. You guys can make excuses for Gus, and pump all the sunshine you want, but I'm done with hoping he will someday sit in front of some Buddha shrine, and miraculously become enlightened. I've seen enough unexplainable ineptness in his game planning to last me a lifetime. 

We may never know, although it would be an interesting game to say the least.  I don't know if I would call him inept however.  Remember, without him, Auburn would not have gone to the National Championship.  Twice.  

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

We may never know, although it would be an interesting game to say the least.  I don't know if I would call him inept however.  Remember, without him, Auburn would not have gone to the National Championship.  Twice.  

We can also say that about Chizik. At least Chiz won the game. 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Oh? I'm not so sure of that either. I can tell you however, without Cam Newton, and Nick Marshall we certainly would not have gone to two natl.championship games. I would venture to say that you could probably find 30, or 40 offensive coordinators that could have taken a Cam Newton led team to a natl. championship. Even with Cam in 2010, we came within an eyelash of losing to KENTUCKY!

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

We can also say that about Chizik. At least Chiz won the game. 

Very true.  But in 2010, it was the offense that drove us to the title.  Our defense was a bend but don't break under Ted Roof.  I was never a fan (but loved the players like Bynes, Etheridge, Thorpe, Fairley, etc).  That's why when I watch Georgia Tech play now, I wonder why in the world did they want Roof so bad?

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I'm curious though brother. If you don't call what you saw against Clemson last season inept, just what word would you use to describe it?

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Oh? I'm not so sure of that either. I can tell you however, without Cam Newton, and Nick Marshall we certainly would not have gone to two natl.championship games. I would venture to say that you could probably find 30, or 40 offensive coordinators that could have taken a Cam Newton led team to a natl. championship. Even with Cam in 2010, we came within an eyelash of losing to KENTUCKY!

Every championship team has at least one "IT guy."  Tim Tebow with Florida, Jamis Winston with Florida State, Mark Ingram with Alabama, Deshaun Watson with Clemson.  Most every team has a close game or a loss like our Kentucky game.  But behind those players, someone had to call the correct plays to fully utilize their talents.  It's like asking yourself, could Tom Brady win a championship with any team or coordinator?  No.  The Patriots system is perfect for him.

Very true.  But in 2010, it was the offense that drove us to the title.  Our defense was a bend but don't break under Ted Roof.  I was never a fan (but loved the players like Bynes, Etheridge, Thorpe, Fairley, etc).  That's why when I watch Georgia Tech play now, I wonder why in the world did they want Roof so bad?

Chizik also had the luxury of having the best or one of the best players to wear the Orange and Blue in Cam Newton. At this point I'm not sure Gus could win with CN

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm curious though brother. If you don't call what you saw against Clemson last season inept, just what word would you use to describe it?

I never said I was happy with what happened.  I think Gus tried to do something Clemson wasn't ready for (which Auburn fans weren't ready for either).  And he went too far.  We were supppsed to have been blown out of the water that game.  And we ended up being one play from winning, even with the confusing play calls.  If I had to chose a word though, like you asked, I would say "overcomplicated."

Every championship team has at least one "IT guy."  Tim Tebow with Florida, Jamis Winston with Florida State, Mark Ingram with Alabama, Deshaun Watson with Clemson.  Most every team has a close game or a loss like our Kentucky game.  But behind those players, someone had to call the correct plays to fully utilize their talents.  It's like asking yourself, could Tom Brady win a championship with any team or coordinator?  No.  The Patriots system is perfect for him.

Apples to oranges man. Gus Malzahn couldn't come close to utilizing Tom Brady with his ridiculous simpleton passing concepts. 

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Apples to oranges man. Gus Malzahn couldn't come close to utilizing Tom Brady with his ridiculous simpleton passing concepts. 

It illustrates my point though.  But I think what you said may be apples to oranges.   But you are right.  Gus wouldn't utilize Tom correctly because that is not his type of QB.  It's the same reason why we don't really recruit Pro-Style QB's out of high school.  That isn't Gus' wheelhouse.  

I never said I was happy with what happened.  I think Gus tried to do something Clemson wasn't ready for (which Auburn fans weren't ready for either).  And he went too far.  We were supppsed to have been blown out of the water that game.  And we ended up being one play from winning, even with the confusing play calls.  If I had to chose a word though, like you asked, I would say "overcomplicated."

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are. You are probably right About One Thing Though. I'm sure Dabo was not ready for the three QB Monty, nor the Whirlybird. He must have thought he was in a dream, and could not believe he was so fortunate given our exceptional defensive performance, that Gus was too stupid to put together any kind of viable offensive plan.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It illustrates my point though.  But I think what you said may be apples to oranges.   But you are right.  Gus wouldn't utilize Tom correctly because that is not his type of QB.  It's the same reason why we don't really recruit Pro-Style QB's out of high school.  That isn't Gus' wheelhouse.  

Do you even hear yourself man? Sean White, Tyler Queen, and Jarret Stidham say hello. Now you may say Jarret is a DT quarterback, but I certainly would not label him that way. I assure you he was not brought here to run the football. 

Archived