Bad loss for AU but...

austudnt23

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

And who are you?  Please point out one thing I said that I made up.  On the bright side, you finally learned how to quote people.  Baby steps.  Baby steps.

Baby steps for 3+ years? Really? At what point do you get fed up if not after 3+ years of failure to improve on O? If the Clemson game showed us anything, it was that we are not getting better.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

you must be a teenager :rollin:

I am an Auburn graduate who at 25 sold his first practice for a handsome sum and am now the youngest a partner of the top estate planning firm in Georgia by 10 years.  And with that, I am able to donate to Auburn's business program in an effort to give back.

Now let me take a wild guess at you, if you really want to take it that low.  You are someone who came out of the woodworks 1 month ago (July 26th I believe), and judging by your post history have done nothing but troll users on this forum and have not had one nice thing to say to people.  Not only that, but you have gone after people on this forum that everyone respects, which will get a lot of people to turn on you.  If you notice, not everyone agrees with my opinions, and that is okay.  It is good to have different perspectives.  An example is DAG, and I respect his differing opinions, because he has a lot of good things to say.  But if you notice, he doesn't even try to attack 23 or PTB like you do.

I noticed you tried to ignore my question hat I asked.  I am waiting for a reply.

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Baby steps for 3+ years? Really? At what point do you get fed up if not after 3+ years of failure to improve on O? If the Clemson game showed us anything, it was that we are not getting better.

I think you misread my post.  The baby steps were not in reference to the program.  It was in reference to dover.  Earlier in the day he tried to tie me to a quote, deleting what I actually said, and inserted a comment by someone else and then made fun of it.  I did not take exception to it, so when he did correctly quote me, I applauded on him, thus making baby steps on how to correctly post.

Just now, doverstutts said:

I am laughing at you so hard right now.   Proud of yourself huh?   lol

I am actually.  I know how to treat people with respect on this forum, something you lack.  And again, you ignored my question, which tells me you spoke out of turn and that I am correct in what I said and you can't refute it.

7 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

What is my opinion? That we will go undefeated until the iron bowl? Do you not see how good this defense is? It's better than last year and prob one of best I have ever seen at Auburn. Do you not think we are capable of scoring some points when our qb gets a few more starts under his belt. We faced the best dline n country at their field the defending national champs. If we score the first drive it is a different outcome and we are happy today.  I will guarentee you we will improve offensively. How the hell could we not. As critical as I have been on Sean White if he starts that gane we win. As terrible as the play calling was we had some guys open downfield and JS held the ball. JS admits this himself. You tell me 1 game on schedule we will not be favored in besides LSU before the iron bowl. DANNY Etling isn't beating us at qb for them imo. I never expected to be undefeated going into iron bowl but i did expect it to decide west. We were bound to lose 1 road game and Clemson being the #3 team a game we should have won despite the shite show on offense. I have been critical of Gus  he doesn't need to be calling plays. He is a great offensive mind but he can't be a coach all week then decide he will call plays on Saturdays. We practiced all spring and summer with a different approach offensively. The first sign of trouble Gus abandoned it. He has been instructed to let CL do his job. 

23, concerning the comment about SW, I think SW does have more experience and would have given us a better chance to win, if he started the game.  What I would like to know, if you know, what does the PTB think of the fact Gus suspended SW for two games?  Gus went into the Clemson game with no viable backup to play if his starter struggled, very much like the UGA game last year.  Does the PTB have any comment on Gus' mismanagement of his personnel?  

You also mention, in another post, that we were reluctant to play another RB other than KP because the other RBs may have fumble issues.  Do you think this will be our strategy going forward with teams that have a formidable defense or is he waiting for the offense to come into its own?

The PTB seem to be very patient.

45 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Apologies for the late response.  In Eastern time over here and I have to be up at 5:00 AM.  Need my beauty sleep!  To your question, I do.  Are you reading what I am actually saying?  Gus mainly goes after DT quarterbacks.  Jarret Stidham was classified as a dual-threat quarterback in high school, so I don't know why you looped him in there with Sean White and Tyler Queen, and he was brought in because he has the ability to run and keep defenses honest.  Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, Jeremy Johnson, Jarret Stidham, and Malik Willis were/are all dual-threat quarterbacks.  The 2018 recruits in Joey Gatewood and Justin Fields are also DT QB's.  Sean White, Tyler Queen, and Chris Todd were the only pro-style QB's Gus has worked with at Auburn.

You forgot Kiehl Frazier, who was also classified as dual-threat quarterback.

Seems to have gotten personal on here ...and our new posters sounds like a muckraker from under another name.

8 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Look, I am not getting personal, I am not , but I am exasperated that some are not seeing what is happening to this program.    Things are bad due to the ineptness of the HC

Yes you absolutely were.  At least own up to what you said, if nothing else.  The funny thing is, I am one of the nicest people on this forum.  Even if I disagree with someone, I make sure I am doing so in a respectful way.

Just now, abw0004 said:

Yes you absolutely were.  At least own up to what you said, if nothing else.  The funny thing is, I am one of the nicest people on this forum.  Even if I disagree with someone, I make sure I am doing so in a respectful way.

You brag on yourself a lot,too.   Thats a sign of insecurity.  lol

It cracks me up how fair weather people can be. Last year Penn St was ready to crucify franklin after the first few games and now look. People just need to chill the hell out. We haven't even hit conference play. Lastly, there's a lot more to life than obsesssing with 18 year olds and over paid coaches.

6 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

You brag on yourself a lot,too.   Thats a sign of insecurity.  lol

Actually, no.  That post was the first time I ever mentioned what I do on this forum.  Ever.  The only time I think I mentioned it slightly is when I was speaking to someone about how I use my business to fund my animal charity, as that is why I believe why God put me on this earth to do.  The more successful I become, the more good I can do, which is what drives me.  I had to bring it up to defend myself from you.  And to be honest, to also put you in your place for how new you are to this forum attacking people.

You do know we can look up your post history on your profile right?  And by looking at that you have done nothing by attack and troll people.  You even did it again on your post right now.  Wake up man.  Do you not see how you are acting?

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

I just don't understand how people are so willing to accept mediocrity . It boggles my mind

I don't see many people "accepting" it...but most are not obsessing over it.   We understand you don't like it...you've made that clear and to some extent many people are on board with the need for big improvement. 

But as noted above, there have been two games.....so give it a rest now....and you can come back after the next disappointing performance and take up your campaign again. 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Good morning.  There is a difference between being furious over a loss, and freaking out over a loss.  You can be mad over a team losing a game and not think your season is over.  People on here are freaking out thinking the season is over and the world is ending with our loss.  Ohio State gave up 31 point in their game, and we were able to hold Clemson to 14.  I just simply think we need to give this team more than 2 games before freaking out.  Its okay to be mad about this loss, but not time to freak out yet.

Ohio state was playing against freaking Baker Mayfield , an early heisman candidate . Clemson is breaking in a new freaking QB. Apples to oranges . 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ohio state was playing against freaking Baker Mayfield , an early heisman candidate . Clemson is breaking in a new freaking QB. Apples to oranges . 

And he/she chooses to also slant the Clemson game as an isolated event as well. We have been held to less than 200 yards three times in the last 6 games just to illustrate the  most recent offensive woes. Woes that actually started as far back as 2014.

Nobody is freaking out over one singular loss. The Oklahoma loss was actually way more concerning due to their lines actually whipping both lines of Auburn during the game and the game getting out of hand. 

Yeah, and Ohio State does not have a consistent pattern of crapping the bed against good competition, and certainly not for almost 4 years.   Every day that passes is one day closer to basketball season, which should be exciting under a competent coach

Just now, aujeff11 said:

And he/she chooses to also slant the Clemson game as an isolated event as well. We have been held to less than 200 yards three times in the last 6 games just to illustrate the  most recent offensive woes. Woes that actually started as far back as 2014.

I was going to mention this but what's the point . We all have our agendas . At this point I am done given CGM the benefit of a doubt . He has to show me now and if he runs the table , don't expect the apology . He has too much talent to not be at the forefront this year . Particularly this year when there is so much variation in the SEC.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

On the flip side however, Oklahoma does not have a good defense, Clemson has one of the best defenses in the country.  We lost because of their defense, not because of their offense.  Each game was decided for different reasons, true.  But both are valid.  Both teams (Ohio State and Auburn) have deficiencies right now.  I would say that Ohio State has more issues than us though in watching their game.  Both sides of the ball are having issues, where for us, it is only on offense.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Just so you know, I am a guy (:laugh:).  In those three games though, two of those were against the top defenses in the country, which deserve credit like our defense does.  The other I will give to you as I was confused like you of what was happening.

For both of you, the way I am approaching everything is from a 7,000 foot view.  I try to see all of the factors of these games.  And I want to pull more data before hitting the panic button.  That is why I want more than two games.  No study would be accurate with only two data points.

I'm taking this game by game. Gus has burned me too many times.

The whole "breaking in a new QB" argument is very tiresome. The guy sat behind a Heismon trophy winner. Hell Alabama nearly won it all with a freshman QB. What gets lost in translation is we held their high powered offense to under 300 yards and he got 80% of his passing yards off of a few 50/50 balls. O-line still has to be fixed but I'm convinced that if we played that game at home we win. Yeah it sucks we lost but far from the end of the season or end of the world.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

In those three games though, two of those were against the top defenses in the country.

I'm an SEC homer. I believe the SEC is a ball control conference with elite defenses. With that said, we are going to have to face LSU, UGA, and Bama's great defenses this year and according to the Clemson game, they are going to tee off on Stidhams head. We are going to have to figure something out for those games. Take a look back at our offensive woes against those teams since 2015.   We have to get over that hump. 

Archived