Bad loss for AU but...

austudnt23

I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl.  The iron bowl will decide the west.  Our defense is that good and our offense will improve.  LSU will be our biggest test and I don't see anyway Etling can beat us.  We will get the OL fixed.  Despite how bad we played if we score on the 1st drive we win the game.  IF we go up 7-0 and have momentum then we would have scored again after they turned the ball over.  Our defense is very very good, and despite what we saw Saturday our offense is not near that bad.  Gus took the reigns on offense, but I don't expect him to do this again.  Now you can say he has done it since 2015 but that was with RL.  Very bad loss and offensive performance I know this.  Like I said though I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl which will be a toss up.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl.  The iron bowl will decide the west.  Our defense is that good and our offense will improve.  LSU will be our biggest test and I don't see anyway Etling can beat us.  We will get the OL fixed.  Despite how bad we played if we score on the 1st drive we win the game.  IF we go up 7-0 and have momentum then we would have scored again after they turned the ball over.  Our defense is very very good, and despite what we saw Saturday our offense is not near that bad.  Gus took the reigns on offense, but I don't expect him to do this again.  Now you can say he has done it since 2015 but that was with RL.  Very bad loss and offensive performance I know this.  Like I said though I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl which will be a toss up.

I really hope that this is the case, but our Offensive coaches need to watch the Defensive coaches in practice to see what the motivation difference is between the 2 sides. I'm sure we have the talent to compete with our remaining opponents, I just don't know if Gus, Stidham, and Hand can fix their issues.

I hope this is the case but if the offense doesn't greatly improve i now see us possibly having issues with Miss. State and possibly Arkansas. Miss St seems to be better on defense and they have a dynamic QB. Arkansas defense is horrible but their offense is pretty good. We play at Tx A&M which is not easy. 

We need to get our Oline worked out 1st and foremost. If that's not successful...playcalling changes may not mean much.

1 minute ago, AUMASTERS said:

I really hope that this is the case, but our Offensive coaches need to watch the Defensive coaches in practice to see what the motivation difference is between the 2 sides. I'm sure we have the talent to compete with our remaining opponents, I just don't know if Gus, Stidham, and Hand can fix their issues.

They all have issues that's for sure but we will not face another dline anywhere close to that.  Not having Kerryon was huge Saturday not just from the point we didn't have a number 2 back but for his pass catching ability.  Kam Pettway has the heel/foot problem that I cant spell planter..... and it began to really bother him after the 1st quarter.  Now why didn't we try Martin, Miller, or DB I don't know that.  Well actually I was told because of blocking issues and they were worried about fumbles.

7 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Holy Wade Christopher I pray this be the case!!

You have invoked the name of Wade Christopher......:blink:

I hope the team will benefit from the power you just unleashed into the universe.

I like Kerryon but i don't think he was that big of a missing presence. Plus we didn't even attempt to let any other RB show that they could help out since he was not playing. That's another issue Gus and his staff seems to have....personnel issues. They don't have a good understanding of the players they have...who presents the best matchups and exploiting those matchups. Unless Chip is the person that fully understands those things and given full reign to make whatever scheme and player personnel changes then I'm not taking any of the teams except the "cupcakes" lightly; and maybe Ole Miss. 

We have to go to A&M, LSU and Arkansas with an inept offense. We're not even running the ball that great as last year. Yes it's just two games but still. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I hope this is the case but if the offense doesn't greatly improve i now see us possibly having issues with Miss. State and possibly Arkansas. Miss St seems to be better on defense and they have a dynamic QB. Arkansas defense is horrible but their offense is pretty good. We play at Tx A&M which is not easy. 

We need to get our Oline worked out 1st and foremost. If that's not successful...playcalling changes may not mean much.

Arkansas is terrible Nick Fitzgerald is probably the 2nd or maybe best qb in conference rn but they haven't played anybody.  We def have to get OL fixed.  Prince was not ready week 1 and I cant believe we started him against Clemson.  I was told there wouldn't be any changes on the OL after Georgia Southern but I didn't believe it. Now will he improve by the time we play Mississippi State maybe but we are either going to have to put AG at LT or have a major improvement in schemes and execution.  JS also needs to throw the damn ball like I said in another post.  Bryant for Clemson through the ball up at least 3 times and resulted in his wr getting big gains.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

They all have issues that's for sure but we will not face another dline anywhere close to that.  Not having Kerryon was huge Saturday not just from the point we didn't have a number 2 back but for his pass catching ability.  Kam Pettway has the heel/foot problem that I cant spell planter..... and it began to really bother him after the 1st quarter.  Now why didn't we try Martin, Miller, or DB I don't know that.  Well actually I was told because of blocking issues and they were worried about fumbles.

Plantar fasciitis.....and it is miserable....especially for an active person.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/symptoms-causes/dxc-20268536

I’m actually scared of mizzu now if they get that passing game going, how will we keep up? I hope just shuffling the line a little will help the O.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

I like Kerryon but i don't think he was that big of a missing presence. Plus we didn't even attempt to let any other RB show that they could help out since he was not playing. That's another issue Gus and his staff seems to have....personnel issues. They don't have a good understanding of the players they have...who presents the best matchups and exploiting those matchups. Unless Chip is the person that fully understands those things and given full reign to make whatever scheme and player personnel changes then I'm not taking any of the teams except the "cupcakes" lightly; and maybe Ole Miss. 

We have to go to A&M, LSU and Arkansas with an inept offense. We're not even running the ball that great as last year. Yes it's just two games but still. 

We missed Kerryon big time Saturday.  I have been preaching he is not an every down back which he isn't but we need him.  HE can catch and screens would have been deadily against Clemson Saturday.  I expect to see a lot of crossing routes and slants from here on out.

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Arkansas is terrible Nick Fitzgerald is probably the 2nd or maybe best qb in conference rn but they haven't played anybody.  We def have to get OL fixed.  Prince was not ready week 1 and I cant believe we started him against Clemson.  I was told there wouldn't be any changes on the OL after Georgia Southern but I didn't believe it. Now will he improve by the time we play Mississippi State maybe but we are either going to have to put AG at LT or have a major improvement in schemes and execution.  JS also needs to throw the damn ball like I said in another post.  Bryant for Clemson through the ball up at least 3 times and resulted in his wr getting big gains.

No way i want to see AG playing LT. I get James isn't the best LT but i'm inclined to think he'll hold up better than Prince against better competition. I'm not taking any of these teams for granted at this point. Yes Clemson Oline is really good but a lot of it was us. Oline, QB, WRs..etc...Us! So if you have a team that can execute on offense then we're in trouble b/c if the offense doesn't get fixed then you can't look past a team like Arky, A&M and Miss St. b/c they can score. Heck we know they can score at least 21 points and at this point...that's enough considering our offense. 

I hope it does get better but with so many things that require to be fixed idk. I certainly had us not losing a game until the IB. It's not about the talent b/c we're a better team than Clemson but do we have competent coaches that can make that happen is the only question.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Plantar fasciitis.....and it is miserable....especially for an active person.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/symptoms-causes/dxc-20268536

Yes it is, and doesn't heal quickly - at least for middle aged guys like me.  I'm a pretty avid runner (between 5.5 & 7.5 miles a day) and battled this late last year.  It would take 1-1.5 miles just to listen up, then I could run ok.  Afterwards I'd take a shower and drive to work - by the time I'd get there it'd be so tight I could barely walk.  Lots of time and stretching was all I could do.  Granted he's in much better shape than me and has the best medical care so hopefully he can heal much faster. 

Those were the type of adjustments i was hoping for 2nd half. Mercer isn't going tell us much. However, i'm sure Gus will hype that practice game up as us getting better. I'm waiting until the Mizzou b/c we're not going to have a choice but to execute against them on offense. Plus our secondary is going to be tested big time against them

I think I'm expecting similar results. I went into the season expecting to have some growing pains and to get beat by Clemson in a close one. Think it hurt more because it was there for the taking and the offense just looked hopeless in any moving the ball down the field way. I'm expecting to improve 

Lots of recent playoff teams have looked terrible at times -- sometimes you just have a bad game. Hopefully ours was last week and not in January like 2015 FSU, 2016 MSU, 2017 OSU

Of course we'd have to get to January first....

I am calling total BS on your opinion.  You may be an insider, but it is because you are connected to someone loyal to Gus.  

wde

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We missed Kerryon big time Saturday.  I have been preaching he is not an every down back which he isn't but we need him.  HE can catch and screens would have been deadily against Clemson Saturday.  I expect to see a lot of crossing routes and slants from here on out.

When, since Gus has been here, have you seen slants and crossing routes. Those plays are designed to limit the pressure that we saw from Clemson Saturday night. I'm not sure those plays are in the playbook. That is what pissed me most. We didn't adjust to the pressure. We ran the same plays over and over and expected a different result. Same as most other years under Gus. I can tolerate a loss to a good team, which Clemson is, but the lack of adjustments baffles me.  Clemson adjusted to our defense and started moving the ball enough to score. We didn't. With talent levels relatively similar among the top 10-15 teams, the difference is coaching. We aren't getting that right now and we haven't been getting that under Gus.

12 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

PLEASE!!!!

THIS!!!!!!!  let this be true.... please let this be true....

18 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Yep! We did nothing to attack the edge.

Archived