Bad loss for AU but...

austudnt23

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

He has been meddling the past 2 weeks.  The gameplan for Clemson was if you believe it pretty much followed to the T.  Problem was the gameplan was not working and we stuck with it all game and didn't adjust offensively.

Do you think we see CL playbook from now on or Gus's? I'm worried that even if Gus gives CL play calling duties, it will still be from Gus's playbook.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AUTiger25 said:

Do you think we see CL playbook from now on or Gus's? I'm worried that even if Gus gives CL play calling duties, it will still be from Gus's playbook.

I know what Gus is saying privately that Chip will have full control. An offensive mineed coach that is as hard headed as Gus is hard to keep out of playcalling.  I believe he at least gives it a shot. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I know what Gus is saying privately that Chip will have full control. An offensive mineed coach that is as hard headed as Gus is hard to keep out of playcalling.  I believe he at least gives it a shot. 

Assuming CL is actually getting control, how much of his playbook do you think we see tomorrow?  Use it as a live practice?

CL would open up and try to give JS a comfort level. Gus will run each and every first down....right up the middle. ???

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

CL would open up and try to give JS a comfort level. Gus will run each and every first down....right up the middle. ???

we will know who is calling plays if that happens

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about OP’s prediction Sunday.

I appreciate his opinion and that’s the only way to take his posts. 

On 9/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, austudnt23 said:

He's been given a shot since the 2014 National Championship game that he lost us when we were ahead by 18. How many more failed hires does Auburn University have to endure because of Jay Jacobs and the board of trustees?

30 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

None of us saw that coming,.  I wouldn't call out 23 on this... Atleast he had the guts to put it out there. 

It’s nothing more than a prediction. He did the same thing last year. How much you want to read into it is up to you but there are major issues at hand. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, WarTim said:

Unfortunately you pretty much nailed it.

This is a team that easily could have fulfilled that prediction. That is what is so frustrating about the loss last weekend and our head coach. we have an amazing team. If Lindsey was in charge of both the offensive game plan and the play calling I gurantee we would be facing off with Bama for the West. I've never been more angry about a loss and its because of the potential we have being wasted by coach that has no business being a head coach.

19 minutes ago, shabby said:

This is a team that easily could have fulfilled that prediction. That is what is so frustrating about the loss last weekend and our head coach. 

This. 23 was basing it off of our talent and potential, which we still have. Coaching and play calling has been very, very, very poor. Major gut punch - and it will take a miracle for the team to recover from this one. 

42 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This. 23 was basing it off of our talent and potential, which we still have. Coaching and play calling has been very, very, very poor. Major gut punch - and it will take a miracle for the team to recover from this one. 

Only 1 thing needs to change. And it did for a minute, and the points and the wins piled up, just like last season. And then it changed back. Just like last season. And that switch officially can't ever again be trusted to remain in the correct position. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Only 1 thing needs to change. And it did for a minute, and the points and the wins piled up, just like last season. And then it changed back. Just like last season. And that switch officially can't ever again be trusted to remain in the correct position. 

Yep.  All trust has been exhausted, he is who he is - like it or leave it.

Gus can't turn the switch off.  I totally understand, as I'm sure  Meyer/Petrino/Leach/Saban/Muschamp/Smart/Belicheck/Carroll would find it just as difficult to turn their switches off.   It's ingrained, it's what got them where they are today making millions & millions to coach a sport.

Question, why does every one scrutinize what 23 says? Can't we all make predictions? I know he seemingly has inside information from time to time, but he is guessing like the rest of us.

Archived