Bad loss for AU but...

austudnt23

41 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

"Gus took the reigns on offense, but I don't expect him to do this again".

Wait, Gus and Chip said over and over that this was Chip's offense and he was calling the plays.  Not once did either say otherwise.  Obvious to all that it was a lie.  Sorry but I have no faith and no respect for Gus.  He has embarrassed AU football and is a joke of a coach.  Why did he take the reigns and why in the world would any of us believe anything this man says?  That games was a disaster on offense.  The pitch to Cox; who would have called that play?  Cox can't block and he is no power back.  The overdone flee flucker.  Going for it on 4th and 3 midfield.  Terrible calls.   Too many to list.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

When, since Gus has been here, have you seen slants and crossing routes. Those plays are designed to limit the pressure that we saw from Clemson Saturday night. I'm not sure those plays are in the playbook. That is what pissed me most. We didn't adjust to the pressure. We ran the same plays over and over and expected a different result. Same as most other years under Gus. I can tolerate a loss to a good team, which Clemson is, but the lack of adjustments baffles me.  Clemson adjusted to our defense and started moving the ball enough to score. We didn't. With talent levels relatively similar among the top 10-15 teams, the difference is coaching. We aren't getting that right now and we haven't been getting that under Gus.

They are not in his playbook but they are in CL.

Truth is ....we have basically a high school head coach and a high school offensive coordinator competing against seasoned coaching staffs. They are good recruiters but our kids deserve better coaching.

10 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Wait, Gus and Chip said over and over that this was Chip's offense and he was calling the plays.  Not once did either say otherwise.  Obvious to all that it was a lie.  Sorry but I have no faith and no respect for Gus.  He has embarrassed AU football and is a joke of a coach.  Why did he take the reigns and why in the world would any of us believe anything this man says?  That games was a disaster on offense.  The pitch to Cox; who would have called that play?  Cox can't block and he is no power back.  The overdone flee flucker.  Going for it on 4th and 3 midfield.  Terrible calls.   Too many to list.

First, welcome to the forum!  Happy to have you!  As you are on the forum more and more, you will realize you can take 23 for his word.  Him and PTB are people that can give us credible information that is not public.  I trust everything this guy says.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

First, welcome to the forum!  Happy to have you!  As you are on the forum more and more, you will realize you can take 23 for his word.  Him and PTB are people that can give us credible information that is not public.  I trust everything this guy says.  

Oh I believe 23, I'm just pointing out the dishonesty of the coach.  And I don't think much of his offense genius or ability to be a successful hc.  I think he is an idiot savant without the savant.

27 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Yes it is, and doesn't heal quickly - at least for middle aged guys like me.  I'm a pretty avid runner (between 5.5 & 7.5 miles a day) and battled this late last year.  It would take 1-1.5 miles just to listen up, then I could run ok.  Afterwards I'd take a shower and drive to work - by the time I'd get there it'd be so tight I could barely walk.  Lots of time and stretching was all I could do.  Granted he's in much better shape than me and has the best medical care so hopefully he can heal much faster. 

i have it from time to time....you can get a steroid shot and take prednisone and cortisone tablets and knock it out....sometimes, permanently

I sure hope the OP is right about the wins and the offense. Auburn needs a Head Coach that doesn't concentrate on the minutia of each tree while missing the entire forest. He has his hands full just taking care of all the big picture items. But we've been through this before with Lashlee. I think this is going to be Gus's last chance to let go and let his OC do his job. If Gus doesn't finally do that, he will be making a conscious decision he doesn't want to be Auburn's head coach.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl.  The iron bowl will decide the west.  Our defense is that good and our offense will improve.  LSU will be our biggest test and I don't see anyway Etling can beat us.  We will get the OL fixed.  Despite how bad we played if we score on the 1st drive we win the game.  IF we go up 7-0 and have momentum then we would have scored again after they turned the ball over.  Our defense is very very good, and despite what we saw Saturday our offense is not near that bad.  Gus took the reigns on offense, but I don't expect him to do this again.  Now you can say he has done it since 2015 but that was with RL.  Very bad loss and offensive performance I know this.  Like I said though I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl which will be a toss up.

Thanks for this post.  Very refreshing with everyone seeming to think the world is falling apart.  Ohio State had a bad outing like we did and they aren't freaking out like us.  I agree with what you say.  Historically our o-line has drastically improved around this time every year, and I wouldn't expect this year to be any different.  Fix this, and everything else falls in line.  War Eagle!

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl which will be a toss up.

I hope you are right. I have been firmly on the Gus bus. I am wavering after this game.  People have been telling me Gus is an 8-4 coach. I have been telling them that Gus just needs this or that. I firmly believe he has everything he now needs, yet we lay that egg. Maybe Gus is just an 8-4 coach. I like Gus. I want him to succeed at Auburn. I am having my doubts that he is the guy who can get us back to, and keep us at, an elite level.

53 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We missed Kerryon big time Saturday.  I have been preaching he is not an every down back which he isn't but we need him.  HE can catch and screens would have been deadily against Clemson Saturday.  I expect to see a lot of crossing routes and slants from here on out.

I agree 100% on this.  So much so,. That I made it my "bold prediction" or whatever it is where we all put our predictions in writing.  I said Kerryon would have more all purpose yards this season than Pettway.   

42 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I am calling total BS on your opinion.  You may be an insider, but it is because you are connected to someone loyal to Gus.  

You're a real pit bull.  

The reality, as much as I hate to say it, is that the SEC west may be the worst we've seen in a long time.  To win out (in spite of what went down in Death Valley Lite) isn't that much of a stretch because of that freakin' defense.  The problem as I see it, if we go 10-2, is that nothing will change in terms of whose running the three ringed circus.

you guys are adorable

"I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl. "

Expecting and reality will be very different

In regard to Clemson Gus had a whole year to "fix" the disaster from last year.

An opportunity against the reigning NC and a marquee game in prime time.

Auburn Embarrassed AGAIN.

Got a feeling that more than just a few folks would like to see a 7-6 season this year just to provide an excuse to clean house in the Athletic Department..

Reminds me of the time a while back when some UT folks I knew felt the same way about big Fulmer ...and finally got their wish..  And what has it been, nearly ten years later they are still looking for someone to take them to the glory land they envisioned when the change was made.  

Just a reminder that it's sometimes wise to be careful what you wish for...you might be surprised by what occurs.

I still see huge question marks with this team, esp the O. It'd be great to know they're firing on all cylinders...but NO! Not yet anyway. I believe our minds will be more at ease after we see improvement... and not the improvement that is irrelevant against Mercer, but steady increasing game time improvement that results in touchdowns!! SMH!!

1 minute ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

I still see huge question marks with this team, esp the O. It'd be great to know they're firing on all cylinders...but NO! Not yet anyway. I believe our minds will be more at ease after we see improvement... and not the improvement that is irrelevant against Mercer, but steady increasing game time improvement that results in touchdowns!! SMH!!

Have you seen ANYTHING out of the dingleberry HC that makes you optimistic?....the AD is a damned clownshow

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Got a feeling that more than just a few folks would like to see a 7-6 season this year just to provide an excuse to clean house in the Athletic Department..

Reminds me of the time a while back when some UT folks I knew felt the same way about big Fulmer ...and finally got their wish..  And what has it been, nearly ten years later they are still looking for someone to take them to the glory land they envisioned when the change was made.  

Just a reminder that it's sometimes wise to be careful what you wish for...you might be surprised by what occurs.

there is truth in this, I hope Gus gets it together but he really cant lose anymore games...HA!

a new coach and we start the madness all over again, we will be great in 2020..maybe

I posted this yesterday in a different thread. Gus does not outcoach teams that are equally as talented as we are. When he wins those games it's giant breaks and great athletes at QB. Hail Mary, Kick 6, Treadwell breaking his ankle, Cam back, snap getting off half second late etc....

Sure we may have a winning streak coming up but none of the teams we're playing have equal talent sans LSU which I don't see us winning, especially in Baton Rouge  

Gus's record (as OC and HC) against power 5 teams w winning records with a true DT qb

18-7

Gus's record with a traditional qb against power 5 w winning records ( 0 for UGA, Bama). 

13-20

45 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks for this post.  Very refreshing with everyone seeming to think the world is falling apart.  Ohio State had a bad outing like we did and they aren't freaking out like us.  I agree with what you say.  Historically our o-line has drastically improved around this time every year, and I wouldn't expect this year to be any different.  Fix this, and everything else falls in line.  War Eagle!

I think if it was one bad outing there wouldn't be much being said. It has become a pattern.

36 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

:rollin:

You do realize that is not my quote right?  Not your best move being so new to the forum, but welcome anyways.   That was from 23, not me.  Although I support what he says.  You will learn you can trust what 23 and PTB says when they post.  They have info that is not public.  

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl.  The iron bowl will decide the west.  Our defense is that good and our offense will improve.  LSU will be our biggest test and I don't see anyway Etling can beat us.  We will get the OL fixed.  Despite how bad we played if we score on the 1st drive we win the game.  IF we go up 7-0 and have momentum then we would have scored again after they turned the ball over.  Our defense is very very good, and despite what we saw Saturday our offense is not near that bad.  Gus took the reigns on offense, but I don't expect him to do this again.  Now you can say he has done it since 2015 but that was with RL.  Very bad loss and offensive performance I know this.  Like I said though I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl which will be a toss up.

You need to put down the crack pipe. We are not just bad on O, we are historically bad. CGM had a whole year to get it right for Clemson. He laid an egg. Letting his new qb get a DOG on 4th and 1 @ THE ONE!, against a Top 5 Team, on the road. Unforgivable. Face it man. CGM has lost the touch. I dont see the fire in him anymore at all.  His deflecting solid questions at the Press Conference. His complete lack of fire in his belly. This is year 3+ with a dismal showing on O. If he was going to fix this, it would have been before now. 

The next 4 games mean almost nothing. I bet we still lose to :msu: . It would just add to the Legend of Gustav the Lame. Big O will eat his lunch in Red Stick. GTL will invent another way to lose to :uga:. And the Iron Bowl will be his last game at JHS. 8-4 or 7-5 with Top 5 Talent. 

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You do realize that is not my quote right?  Not your best move being so new to the forum, but welcome anyways.   That was from 23, not me.  Although I support what he says.  You will learn you can trust what 23 and PTB says when they post.  They have info that is not public.  

Like how john franklin would be the starting QB last year?.....I don't need your advice

Archived