Bad loss for AU but...

austudnt23

We all know by now Lindsey has admitted to calling all the plays

What I want to know is whose plays was he calling, his or Gus'?

If they were Gus' plays  we're in trouble. If they were Lindsey's we're in really big trouble

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Southwest said:

I’m actually scared of mizzu now if they get that passing game going, how will we keep up? I hope just shuffling the line a little will help the O.

They ring up those big passing yards against FCS opponents. They only scored 13 on USCe.

Studnt23, thank you so much for providing a desperately needed ray of sunshine on this board.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hope you are right, but we are 2-8 vs UGA the last 10 years. I refuse to expect beating them, until we beat them. 

We will swallow up a freshman qb with this defense at Jordan hare. Yes they beat us with freshman qb at UGA. Actually we neat ourself with a bad decision, throw, and it for td. Our offense will be better by then also.

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl.  The iron bowl will decide the west.  Our defense is that good and our offense will improve.  LSU will be our biggest test and I don't see anyway Etling can beat us.  We will get the OL fixed.  Despite how bad we played if we score on the 1st drive we win the game.  IF we go up 7-0 and have momentum then we would have scored again after they turned the ball over.  Our defense is very very good, and despite what we saw Saturday our offense is not near that bad.  Gus took the reigns on offense, but I don't expect him to do this again.  Now you can say he has done it since 2015 but that was with RL.  Very bad loss and offensive performance I know this.  Like I said though I don't expect us to lose again until the Iron Bowl which will be a toss up.

We agree! I have been quiet the past few days because I am tired of not getting our  s*** together until 3-4 games into the season too.  Every coach we've had has been like that. But I do think we get it together! Just have to get and stay healthy. I think a 3rd rb will emerge. I think either we start hitting quicker pass routes or we change qbs. The online will work it out too, somehow. No sense in arguing with the Gus haters. The first two games have been horrible but  Nobody is getting fired. Not until late November anyway. No use getting hypertension now. I will enjoy the season and might let the haters enjoy it too. 

19 minutes ago, alexava said:

We agree! I have been quiet the past few days because I am tired of not getting our  s*** together until 3-4 games into the season too.  Every coach we've had has been like that. But I do think we get it together! Just have to get and stay healthy. I think a 3rd rb will emerge. I think either we start hitting quicker pass routes or we change qbs. The online will work it out too, somehow. No sense in arguing with the Gus haters. The first two games have been horrible but  Nobody is getting fired. Not until late November anyway. No use getting hypertension now. I will enjoy the season and might let the haters enjoy it too. 

We have so much talent everywhere on this team. Kerryon was missed Saturday I will be first to say it. I think Kam is best back but he was hurt and aggravated it 2ND quarter early and Gus didn't trust another back enough to play them. DB has looked good but has had fumble problems as has kam martin. If our corners will start to get there heads around and making plays we have the best defense in SEC.  Jeff Holland is a beast as is Brown Davidson andTre  Williams and really russel. Cowart hasn't been bad when he has played. Jeff Holland is causing more disruption than Carl last year so far. Our WR's we have talent and JS is not as bad as he looked. He is not JJ.  He has been rusty and held onto ball when guys open but it was his what 5th start ever and 2 n 2 years again at the best dline n country. Our rbs very good when healthy. OL needs t step up but we have the players.

4 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I am calling total BS on your opinion.  You may be an insider, but it is because you are connected to someone loyal to Gus.  

wde

What is my opinion? That we will go undefeated until the iron bowl? Do you not see how good this defense is? It's better than last year and prob one of best I have ever seen at Auburn. Do you not think we are capable of scoring some points when our qb gets a few more starts under his belt. We faced the best dline n country at their field the defending national champs. If we score the first drive it is a different outcome and we are happy today.  I will guarentee you we will improve offensively. How the hell could we not. As critical as I have been on Sean White if he starts that gane we win. As terrible as the play calling was we had some guys open downfield and JS held the ball. JS admits this himself. You tell me 1 game on schedule we will not be favored in besides LSU before the iron bowl. DANNY Etling isn't beating us at qb for them imo. I never expected to be undefeated going into iron bowl but i did expect it to decide west. We were bound to lose 1 road game and Clemson being the #3 team a game we should have won despite the shite show on offense. I have been critical of Gus  he doesn't need to be calling plays. He is a great offensive mind but he can't be a coach all week then decide he will call plays on Saturdays. We practiced all spring and summer with a different approach offensively. The first sign of trouble Gus abandoned it. He has been instructed to let CL do his job. 

19 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

What is my opinion? That we will go undefeated until the iron bowl? Do you not see how good this defense is? It's better than last year and prob one of best I have ever seen at Auburn. Do you not think we are capable of scoring some points when our qb gets a few more starts under his belt. We faced the best dline n country at their field the defending national champs. If we score the first drive it is a different outcome and we are happy today.  I will guarentee you we will improve offensively. How the hell could we not. As critical as I have been on Sean White if he starts that gane we win. As terrible as the play calling was we had some guys open downfield and JS held the ball. JS admits this himself. You tell me 1 game on schedule we will not be favored in besides LSU before the iron bowl. DANNY Etling isn't beating us at qb for them imo. I never expected to be undefeated going into iron bowl but i did expect it to decide west. We were bound to lose 1 road game and Clemson being the #3 team a game we should have won despite the shite show on offense. I have been critical of Gus  he doesn't need to be calling plays. He is a great offensive mind but he can't be a coach all week then decide he will call plays on Saturdays. We practiced all spring and summer with a different approach offensively. The first sign of trouble Gus abandoned it. He has been instructed to let CL do his job. 

I would love this... only things that worries me is Gus STILL not getting out of the way / stubborn and not letting Chip call the plays and use his O... and

I DO think the O line can be good before the end of the year and we have talent... but can we develop it and how long will it take for them to gel and  get there??

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks for this post.  Very refreshing with everyone seeming to think the world is falling apart.  Ohio State had a bad outing like we did and they aren't freaking out like us.  I agree with what you say.  Historically our o-line has drastically improved around this time every year, and I wouldn't expect this year to be any different.  Fix this, and everything else falls in line.  War Eagle!

This is when you lose credibility. Speaking from someone who currently lives up north , buckeye fans are furious with their lost to OU. We are upset because we want a competent Offensive plan .Buckeye fans expect a national championship caliber team EVERY YEAR. They have the same mentality as  Bama fans . So it is a different freak out moment from them . Trust me if Urban Meyer only put up 120 yards against a foe, they will spitting fire at him . OU was just better than them , like Clemson last year. I can handle losing to teams that are just flat out better . I can't handle losing to teams due to being handicapped by incompetency . Incompetency that has been going on for multiple years now.  So, tOSU did not have a bad outing like we did . Not even close to that .

And you know what really pisses me off about Gus? Call me a Debbie downer, face palm me , I don't care. He is ruining people future's . Let's be honest , it's a blessing that these guys get a free education , but MOST of these guys want to go to the NFL. Most of these guys want this so they can take care of their families. You have a coach who either does not care enough or is too stubborn to want to grow as a head coach. In doing so, he has limited opportunities for these boys BADLY. At the end of the day , CGM is a millionaire. If he gets fired he is still a millionaire . Chances are he can get another coaching gig or work as a TV analyst and make money . For a lot of these guys , this is really their only chance to showcase their talents to the next level. Now they have to put in the individual work of course, but it is the responsibility of the coach to put them in the best position to succeed. Now if he is doing that , I can live and die with coach Malzahn, but the fact of the matter , he has not done that . This is unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

We have so much talent everywhere on this team. Kerryon was missed Saturday I will be first to say it. I think Kam is best back but he was hurt and aggravated it 2ND quarter early and Gus didn't trust another back enough to play them. DB has looked good but has had fumble problems as has kam martin. If our corners will start to get there heads around and making plays we have the best defense in SEC.  Jeff Holland is a beast as is Brown Davidson andTre  Williams and really russel. Cowart hasn't been bad when he has played. Jeff Holland is causing more disruption than Carl last year so far. Our WR's we have talent and JS is not as bad as he looked. He is not JJ.  He has been rusty and held onto ball when guys open but it was his what 5th start ever and 2 n 2 years again at the best dline n country. Our rbs very good when healthy. OL needs t step up but we have the players.

I think SW is better based on the last two weeks. JS looked good throwing deep in spring game but looks hesitant. SW will let it fly. That's not to say JS can't get there but he has to come on quick. I wanted to roll Willis out and try to make him Lamar Jackson #2 Saturday night. No way I redshirt him. 

On 9/12/2017 at 10:04 PM, Eagle-1 said:

We certainly disagree on that one. Baker Mayfield would not get sacked 11 times, because one, he is much more mobile than Stidham, and two, Oklahoma coaching staff would scheme to get the ball out of his hand before the rush could have free shots on him. He certainly wouldn't be back there making multiple play action fakes on 3rd, and 15. You guys can make excuses for Gus, and pump all the sunshine you want, but I'm done with hoping he will someday sit in front of some Buddha shrine, and miraculously become enlightened. I've seen enough unexplainable ineptness in his game planning to last me a lifetime. 

That wasn't an excuse for Gus. Clemson was the better team largely due to coaching.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I appreciate your optimism.  With that said, I've heard much of the same from Gus that this team is going to get better.    He's been saying that for the last three years.  Yet it is not happening on the field.  The passing offense is ranked 117th, their the FBS-worst in total sacks allowed.  The offense Saturday had the worst showing of any other in the Gus Malzahn era with 117 total yards.

So please forgive me for being skeptical and frustrated.  I just see a repeat of the last several years.  But I hope your right, I hope they can go on a roll and compete in the west.  I love Auburn football and I want to see the best for the program.  But if the evidence on the field recently is any indication of what is to come, I'm really concern for the direction of this football program.

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I saw 6+ times a WR was open or coming open and he wouldn't throw it. Why is he not seeing the field? It wasn't all WR not getting open.

6 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Gus didn't trust another back enough to play them. DB has looked good but has had fumble problems as has kam martin.

Gus doesn't trust anyone but Gus. Kam Martin and Malik Miller are in their third season in the AU program. If they are not capable of 3-4 carries each in a big game, whose fault is that? Dabo had new players all over the field, and he had them ready (and trusted them) to do their job. It was obvious after his second carry that KP couldn't move left to right, only straight ahead. Clemson bracketed their defense accordingly. Does Gus not think these other coaching staffs can figure these things out? 

You provide excellent information in this board and I truly want to share your optimism. But I am really over giving Gus an excuse for every season. The defense is executing on all cylinders under Steele's leadership. Gus needs to trust CL, get out of the way of the offense,  and give this team a chance. 

Thanks 23!  The potential to be 10-1 when we play bama is certainly there. I'm sure Gus said he was gonna be "hands off", But what if things start to go south again. What is going to keep him from "taking over" again?

He can right this ship and I really hope he does.  But I can't believe it until I see it. He has proven to many times that he is not willing. 

The defense has looked good, but they looked good early last season as well. We continue to look unprepared and clueless on offense, and I don't see that magically turning around because one coach goes to the booth. The SEC west appears to be relatively weak this season, so we may go on another one of these mid-season runs...but I still see this team's ceiling as 8 wins with another beat down by the updykes at the end of it. 

7 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Other RBs can't block as well in pass protection and Stidham was getting killed. You play other RBs you have 15+ sacks

23, the rest of us are far enough away from CGM and the Team to realize that CGM has been TALKING gettting better on O while really doing almost nothing to actually get better. 3+ years of TALK. This team hasnt gotten better from late last season at all. It is still the same way underachieving bunch they were late last season. 117 yds? 11 sacks? Still have every Redzone Issue we have ever had. How is this anything better? IT ISNT, IT IS WORSE.

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

23, the rest of us are far enough away from CGM and the Team to realize that CGM has been TALKING gettting better on O while really doing almost nothing to actually get better. 3+ years of TALK. This team hasnt gotten better from late last season at all. It is still the same way underachieving bunch they were late last season. 117 yds? 11 sacks? Still have every Redzone Issue we have ever had. How is this anything better? IT ISNT, IT IS WORSE.

Any fan with half a brain can see this, and the surgery is needed before the disease gets any worse. He and Jethro need to be gone, as of yesterday

9 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Do you even hear yourself man? Sean White, Tyler Queen, and Jarret Stidham say hello. Now you may say Jarret is a DT quarterback, but I certainly would not label him that way. I assure you he was not brought here to run the football. 

Apologies for the late response.  In Eastern time over here and I have to be up at 5:00 AM.  Need my beauty sleep!  To your question, I do.  Are you reading what I am actually saying?  Gus mainly goes after DT quarterbacks.  Jarret Stidham was classified as a dual-threat quarterback in high school, so I don't know why you looped him in there with Sean White and Tyler Queen, and he was brought in because he has the ability to run and keep defenses honest.  Cam Newton, Kiehl Frazier (thanks @Strychnine), Nick Marshall, Jeremy Johnson, Jarret Stidham, and Malik Willis were/are all dual-threat quarterbacks.  The 2018 recruits in Joey Gatewood and Justin Fields are also DT QB's.  Sean White, Tyler Queen, and Chris Todd were the only pro-style QB's Gus has worked with at Auburn.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Apologies for the late response.  In Eastern time over here and I have to be up at 5:00 AM.  Need my beauty sleep!  To your question, I do.  Are you reading what I am actually saying?  Gus mainly goes after DT quarterbacks.  Jarret Stidham was classified as a dual-threat quarterback in high school, so I don't know why you looped him in there with Sean White and Tyler Queen, and he was brought in because he has the ability to run and keep defenses honest.  Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, Jeremy Johnson, Jarret Stidham, and Malik Willis were/are all dual-threat quarterbacks.  Sean White, Tyler Queen, and Chris Todd were the only pro-style QB's Gus has worked with at Auburn.

Do you actually live in the same world as the rest of us?   Where do you come up with this stuff?...Gus Malzahn has made you go over the edge into delusion.   Stop making stuff up

7 hours ago, DAG said:

This is when you lose credibility. Speaking from someone who currently lives up north , buckeye fans are furious with their lost to OU. We are upset because we want a competent Offensive plan .Buckeye fans expect a national championship caliber team EVERY YEAR. They have the same mentality as  Bama fans . So it is a different freak out moment from them . Trust me if Urban Meyer only put up 120 yards against a foe, they will spitting fire at him . OU was just better than them , like Clemson last year. I can handle losing to teams that are just flat out better . I can't handle losing to teams due to being handicapped by incompetency . Incompetency that has been going on for multiple years now.  So, tOSU did not have a bad outing like we did . Not even close to that .

Good morning.  There is a difference between being furious over a loss, and freaking out over a loss.  You can be mad over a team losing a game and not think your season is over.  People on here are freaking out thinking the season is over and the world is ending with our loss.  Ohio State gave up 31 point in their game, and we were able to hold Clemson to 14.  I just simply think we need to give this team more than 2 games before freaking out.  Its okay to be mad about this loss, but not time to freak out yet.

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Do you actually live in the same world as the rest of us?   Where do you come up with this stuff?...Gus Malzahn has made you go over the edge into delusion.   Stop making stuff up

And who are you?  Please point out one thing I said that I made up.  On the bright side, you finally learned how to quote people.  Baby steps.  Baby steps.

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

And who are you?  Please point out one thing I said that I made up.  On the bright side, you finally learned how to quote people.  Baby steps.  Baby steps.

you must be a teenager :rollin:

Archived