Rate your disdain

musicitytiger

58 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll watch the game because it's Auburn and I love Auburn.  But I damn sure better see us working on the stuff we need to fix rather than reverting to easily ramming the ball down their throats for 400 yds on the ground while throwing 15 passes.  I'd rather struggle a little but get better in the passing game and win 31-3 than simply outphysical them because we can, rush for a billion yards and win 49-3.  These next four games are about really getting better, not just beating teams with bad defenses the easy way to pad our record before sh*****g the bed against LSU.

That is really the only way to do it, as practice has clearly not been getting the job done.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll watch the game but really don't care. We'll kill Mercer. Put up stupid offensive numbers. A few on here will swear everything's fixed. We'll play a team w equal talent and lay an offensive egg. Rinse and repeat...

I've never been one of the "fire the coach" crowd but my god this crap is getting old.  A whole off season with a new coordinator and a new QB and the new mess looks even worse than the old mess.  Not only could our OL not block Clemson they couldn't even keep GA Southern out of the backfield.  Our QB looks like a deer in the headlights, which means a lot like JJ.  The receivers can't seem to get open and even when they manage to the whole offense is so out of sync the QB can't get the ball to them.  The two supposed stud running backs are both hopping around hurt again two games into the season.  Where does it all end?  I don't know but it looks like the beginning of 2012 all over again.  I hope I'm wrong.  Changing coaches is going to set the program back and nobody wants to see that but if Gus can't turn this around very soon it's going to happen.  There is much too much offensive talent for this team to look the way they look and the defense is going to get worn down and discouraged if they have to stay on the field the whole season without any help from the other side of the ball.

I love and support Auburn and those players and will watch for them but Gus and staff need to spend rest of season studying film and figuring out how to beat Bama. That's the only thing that would save his job in my book. I'm sick of those turds! 

TL;DR up front, because I'm a considerate guy: 3

I'm going to my M-I-L's 70 birthday celebration Saturday and then taking my wife and my 2 yr old daughter to the Atlanta United match, which is also at 4:00. 71,000 in the new dome. Will set an MLS attendance record and be louder than just about anything heard before. I can't wait. And even if I weren't doing that, I'd probably find something more fulfilling to do with my time than watch Auburn play Mercer.

This would not have been the case in seasons past.

I honestly can't buy back in until after the LSU game. I mean, I'll still watch the games that I can, but I won't be putting excessive effort into it. If there's some kid's birthday party I have to go to or something, I won't put up a fight. But if we play the kind of football we're capable of against LSU- and if our coach shows some spine and some guts and some trust in the guys he brought in to help him win football games- then I'll eat my crow and buy back in. 

3 - Giving this guy what he wants: a 4 week preseason just like the pros, so accordingly, I will give those games as much attention as I would an NFL preseason game. Gonna check back in against LSU

Guest WarEagleSteve

I'll watch the game but what I see will definitely affect my enthusiasm going forward. I'd hope that the offensive staff will use the opportunity to actually get JS comfortable in the offense and into something resembling a rhythm but I've been burned before. 

7 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll watch the game because it's Auburn and I love Auburn.  But I damn sure better see us working on the stuff we need to fix rather than reverting to easily ramming the ball down their throats for 400 yds on the ground while throwing 15 passes.  I'd rather struggle a little but get better in the passing game and win 31-3 than simply outphysical them because we can, rush for a billion yards and win 49-3.  These next four games are about really getting better, not just beating teams with bad defenses the easy way to pad our record before sh*****g the bed against LSU.

This is pretty much me. Especially the throwing the ball more. Trying some new routes would be nice too. I'd say about 2.5 stars for me.

It amazes me really. I love Auburn so much my kids ask me sometimes why I get choked up talking about it. Gus and Chiz have given me some of the most enjoyable times I've had as an Auburn fan. But, damn, between the two of them I've also reached a point of apathy about AU football I never thought I'd reach. It would leave me sad....except I'm apathetic, lol.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

It amazes me really. I love Auburn so much my kids ask me sometimes why I get choked up talking about it. Gus and Chiz have given me some of the most enjoyable times I've had as an Auburn fan. But, damn, between the two of them I've also reached a point of apathy about AU football I never thought I'd reach. It would leave me sad....except I'm apathetic, lol.

i feel your pain

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

We all know that this is exactly what is going to happen this weekend. We will work on improving our "running game" against Mercer.. Stidham will go 12-15 for 180 yards, and we'll run for 400+ yards on the ground.

22 hours ago, DAG said:

3 star. I will always be excited about Auburn football no matter what , but this Mercer game has no bearing on how I feel about the staff . We could put up 80 points and I would be whatever . Need to see consistency against tough opponents .

Ditto.

wde

After the long offseason wait, painful. I think that game sucked every ounce of energy out of me. Its taken 4 days to get back here on the forum, couldn't take it. 

Our defense is something else, that will help me get back to watching the games again.  I knew with new OC , new QB , we are asking for too much to just light it up. 

Archived