Rate your disdain

musicitytiger

10 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

We all know that this is exactly what is going to happen this weekend. We will work on improving our "running game" against Mercer.. Stidham will go 12-15 for 180 yards, and we'll run for 400+ yards on the ground.

Yep, you nailed it

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to watch UT and UF.  Might flip over to AU during commercials. All the Mercer game is going to do is give everyone here false hopes. 

Not the ones living in the real world. 

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Cracks me up how bammers posters I've never seen come out of the woodwork to pile on during times of disappointment. 

During times of disappointment? You mean the same folks that have been posting on here the last 3 seasons?  I mean this program has been disappointing has hell since Nov 2014 and nothing could have been more disappointing than finishing dead ass last in the division in 2015 landing in freaking Legion Field for the B'ham bowl.>:(

To the OP:  I'm at a solid 3

Can't care much about it, other than seeing if we can actually get some other players into the game.  There are 3 RB's that didn't get a carry against Clemson, that should each get 10+ attempts against Mercer.  I'd also like to see Willis get some action, and Iggy get some pass routes, and maybe some returns.  Maybe see Bryant and Moultry on D. 

I've been following Auburn football since Fullwood played.  I recall bad seasons, disappointments, setbacks........but I don't recall this many fans just being disgusted and pissed.

I would be tickled if the O coaching improved little by little every week.  But I just don't think Gus will allow that.  

54 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

I've been following Auburn football since Fullwood played.  I recall bad seasons, disappointments, setbacks........but I don't recall this many fans just being disgusted and pissed.

I would be tickled if the O coaching improved little by little every week.  But I just don't think Gus will allow that.  

Your a kid....compared to me. Enjoy the moment

1 hour ago, musicitytiger said:

We watched Dye and Bowden when we were too little to know better. We loved Tubs, In the end it looked like he sorta just gave up on us. We watched Chiz: there was some disappointment there, Chiz just didn't have it in the end, you just lost games because things were bad. But this? This is unique. Identicle losses over and over again, almost all of them, not only winnable, but should have been won outright. Even the radio sounds different. And in my world, the bammers aren't even talking smack any more. Even they are like WTH?

4 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

And in my world, the bammers aren't even talking smack any more. Even they are like WTH?

I have several Bammer friends just like this as well. lol 

And then they turn into our OCs: "I'm telling you Jeff, Malzahn needs a Running QB to make his offense work " blah blah blah

7 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

I've followed Auburn since the early sixties. I saw Loran Carter throw not one, not two, not three but seven interceptions against bama, suffered through a nine game losing streak to bama. But that loss Saturday to Clemson defied logic.

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I've followed Auburn since the early sixties. I saw Loran Carter throw not one, not two, not three but seven interceptions against bama, suffered through a nine game losing streak to bama. But that loss Saturday to Clemson defied logic.

Ain't it the truth.   Mr. Wizard continues to amaze us with his dynamic offensive machine

4 hours ago, milehighfan said:

The current state of Auburn football: being comforted by knowing that my raging disappointment is shared by those more experienced, rational and wise than I. 

As others have said, thanks, Gus, for unifying and galvanizing the fan base.

22 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to watch UT and UF.  Might flip over to AU during commercials. All the Mercer game is going to do is give everyone here false hopes

TBH, I'll take'em right now.

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

yep.....I'll never forget the 1963 bammer game.    beat namath with a backup QB, 10-8.   my memory is kinda' fuzzy, but I think it was Alex Bowden filling in for JIMMY sIDLE

I don't fall into any of those categories. It is true I am no longer on the Gus bus but Auburn is always important to me and I will be at JHS Saturday to support the players and my beloved University. :AUBig:

6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

right there with you brother...man Loran was a damn speedster wouldn't he. Not sure who was slower Loran or Randy Walls

does anyone else sort of want the offense to come out lackluster tomorrow, at least during the first half and the score being 13-3 or something like that at the half? the reason i feel like that is hoping it would incite some massive booing movement and restlessness around the stadium. i just think that would resonate and literally speak volumes around the program as a whole to get sh!t together especially during homecoming. a sense of no more masking or making excuses for piss poor performance especially when ticket prices are, what idk, way too much for the product being displayed at least.

i guess thats my disdain rating.

16 minutes ago, beaumak said:

does anyone else sort of want the offense to come out lackluster tomorrow, at least during the first half and the score being 13-3 or something like that at the half? the reason i feel like that is hoping it would incite some massive booing movement and restlessness around the stadium. i just think that would resonate and literally speak volumes around the program as a whole to get sh!t together especially during homecoming. a sense of no more masking or making excuses for piss poor performance especially when ticket prices are, what idk, way too much for the product being displayed at least.

No the message will be clearer than it is now with losses to our rivals (if we don't make changes).

13-3 at halftime embarrasses us as a program and that score will no doubt be flashed all over ESPN for everyone to see what a train wreck Auburn would be. We are still ranked #15 right now.

I want to see us dominate Mercer from start to finish, specifically through the air.

24 minutes ago, beaumak said:

Good God, no. I want this team to dominate, I want this offense to work and I want us to win a championship this year. 

A stadium full of booing fans isn't going to tell the PTB anything they don't know. It will just reflect poorly upon the program and the fans, it will make the players suffer for the shortcomings of the coaching staff, and it will make a lot of recruits feel a lot less excited about the possibility of playing here. It will make the national discussion turn from "Wow, Auburn really needs to fix that offense" into "War Damn Dumpster Fire lolz". 

Separate the criticism of Gus from what's best for the team. 

4 hours ago, beaumak said:

does anyone else sort of want the offense to come out lackluster tomorrow

If it meant GM would be fired immediately after the game, then yes.  If not, heck no.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

specifically through the air.

I would not hold my breath on that one.  I'm expecting GSU part two.

4 hours ago, beaumak said:

Absolutely NOT

This program needs something positive right now.  The coaches need to use the next 4 games to get their crap straight, fix some glaring deficiencies, solidify an oline, work the rust off the QB, prep some backups, and get everyone on the same freaking page.  The fans in the stadium need to be loud and proud, support these players 100%, show the recruits what a great atmosphere we have in JHS and get behind the coaching staff.

This season is in the infantile stages, there's a whole lotta football left to be played.  WDE ---> never boo in the stands!

Archived