Rate your disdain

musicitytiger

Why are the WRs coming in so unfocused ? Poor KP will get run to the ground before he gets to the NFL alas Marcus Lattimore. Defense seemed to go through the motions . What the heck is going on in practice?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 1/2.  I for sure think we have a pitiful excuse for a coach and a worse excuse for an AD but I will support the players and the team.  One day hopefully in my lifetime someone will wake up and want better for the school that can actually make it happen.  Until then we just have to ride it out.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why are the WRs coming in so unfocused ? Poor KP will get run to the ground before he gets to the NFL alas Marcus Lattimore. Defense seemed to go through the motions . What the heck is going on in practice?

the coaching is bad, but some of the players are pretty bad themselves.....O-line and receivers.    I know that you play like you're coached, but some of this sorriness is on them,too

49 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Really?  Because we have a very talented team projected to potentially win it all and they have been a mess on offense.  And going 8-4 and losing every yr to lsu, uga, bama is not acceptable.  Why did they play only one back who is also not 100%?  Good luck recruiting RBs and TEs

You must be missing my posts because I expect us to be undefeated going into the Iron Bowl.

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

If so, I will eat the best tasting crow of my life amd love every minute of it. I pray you're right; but I'm tired of the inconsistentcies. Under Gus Malzahn, will we ever see a game where the offense and defense both play at a high level? WDE as always!!

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

You must be missing my posts because I expect us to be undefeated going into the Iron Bowl.

If so, I will eat the best tasting crow of my life amd love every minute of it. I pray you're right; but I'm tired of the inconsistentcies. Under Gus Malzahn, will we ever see a game where the offense and defense both play at a high level? WDE as always!!

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Because they have a position coach who is in over his head and a offensive system that doesn't highlight their skill set. I'm hoping that at least one of those negatives improves quickly.

6 hours ago, tigereye78 said:

Arkansas and Miss State last year. I'm not on the Gus bus right now but don't just handwave away some good performances he's put in.

So here's my disdain:

1. Tired of a HC that does poor game planning, no half time adjustments, and repeats failing plays hoping they finally work (insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

2. Tired of a HC that lies and doesn't accept blame for a failed offense and special teams.  "We have to get better" is not an answer to questions re woes on the O.  Lying sayIng that this is Chip's offense is offensive to all (but looks like perhaps he's finally been told to let CL coach).

3. We have so many issues but one thing that I have disdain for is being told that we will involve the TE more in our offense yet we continue to use JH as another blocker.  No offense to the young man but he is not a weapon on the O.  Sal has caught 1 pass in 3 games.  Meanwhile Terry Godwin at UGA (my fav recruit we missed on) is having a great yr.  Lies and stupiditylimiting our O.  We will not be able to recruit TEs.

4.  RBU?  We miss on our top targets.  We pick one horse and overrun him.  Poor use of personnel.  

5.  How hard is it to recruit a punter?

6.  No weapon on punt returns or kickoffs.  Try Iggy back there because no one has done much.

7.  Wide receiver coach kodi burns?  We all know that's a huge coaching miss.  He should not have been hired and needs to be replaced.  These 4/5 star receivers look terrible and no way do I believe they are all busts.  Let's put the blame where it belongs starting with the HC.

8. I see other teams playing with intensity and passion.  Has our team taken on the dispassionate but at times eratic behavior of the head coach?  Watching MSU beat LSU made me jealous of a team playing with passion and an ecstatic stadium of fans.  Watching Derek Mason's emotion and happiness after beating KSU had me wishing for a coach that had personality and passion and abIlity to motivate and lead a team.  GM is an all around dud and has made AU a joke

23, I respect your opion but I don't understand how you can defend this lunacy.

On 9/17/2017 at 8:54 AM, VAtiger12 said:

Arkansas and Miss State last year. I'm not on the Gus bus right now but don't just handwave away some good performances he's put in.

Okay, you named 2 games in GM's recent history. I stand corrected. Congrats...lol. My thought needed better phrasing so that the idea of consistent domination on both sides of the ball is understood; apparently. The fact that you can point to so few games only highlights the problem. No, we are not the NE Patriots but better consistency, where both sides of the ball play their butts off with maximum effort and efficiency, needs to be more common in AU's immediate future or GM will be shown the door. At least I hope so. WDE!!

On 9/17/2017 at 8:04 AM, mom2kid said:

23, I respect your opion but I don't understand how you can defend this lunacy.

It's indefensible.   His view is cluded due to some kind of emotional attachment to someone

8 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

It's indefensible.   He's just pulling stuff out of his butt due to some kind of emotional attachment to someone

Because the guy has been right so many times it is not funny. Some of it is his opinion which is also fine. You would not know that since you only came on the board recently; and that was to spew your baseless information and crap from day one. I called you a bammer in another post and that is what you are.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:45 AM, musicitytiger said:

For Gus this week........

1 star - I really can't get excited about our next game until at least thur

2 star - I'm probably going to watch other SEC matchups over our game w/ mercer.  Def not going to the game

3 star - I don't even care about the score Saturday because it has no bearing on his performance against SEC competition

4 star - I'll check back in dec on recruiting status

im probably wavering between a 2 and a 3 this week

I have no disdain for someone who is busting his butt working 18 hour days in an effort to make Auburn's football program a success. If he fails, he fails and will be replaced in time but he has earned respect, not disdain.

3 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Because the guy has been right so many times it is not funny. Some of it is his opinion which is also fine. You would not know that since you only came on the board recently; and that was to spew your baseless information and crap from day one. I called you a bammer in another post and that is what you are.

yeah, I came back and read that and it was way too harsh, and I changed it to reflect more closely to what I actually meant

I like Gus and I am pulling for him. I dislike what I see on the field at times, especially when it comes to the repetitive boring play calling, and some of the choices in coaches is questionable. But as a person I like Gus. 

If he can right the ship and beat UGA I would be fine with him staying but I just don't think he can turn this around. There are too many broken variables on offense and not enough time to fix them all. 

On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM, DAG said:

No is not a NFL back. He isn't fast enough. He may make a roster but he won't be a featured back. Maybe used for short yardage plays

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

I have no disdain for someone who is busting his butt working 18 hour days in an effort to make Auburn's football program a success. If he fails, he fails and will be replaced in time but he has earned respect, not disdain.

Well stated and thought out.   I have a little different thought and I am not saying I am right.

I respect his effort, but I scorn his strategy.  He accepts a paycheck of about $330,000/month.   I expect better.  He chose to accept the incredible responsibility  and accountability that goes along with it.  His heart is in the right place, but the results quite frankly are more in line with D Barfield.   Auburn is no longer an 8-4 program who loses to its top rivals every year.   9-3?  Maybe, depends who we lose to and how.

We all want the best for the program.  War Eagle.

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

I can bust by butt digging a while to china with a spoon, doesnt mean my work is useful, good, and especially something to be proud of or respected since it is a waste of time. It doesnt matter is he puts in 1 hour or 23 in a day if he does nothing productive. 

6 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

I can bust by butt digging a while to china with a spoon, doesnt mean my work is useful, good, and especially something to be proud of or respected since it is a waste of time. It doesnt matter is he puts in 1 hour or 23 in a day if he does nothing productive. 

Auburn has won one and competed for another national championship in the last 60 years. Gus has been heavily involved in both. Claiming he's done nothing productive at Auburn is dead, solid, wrong.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Auburn has won one and competed for another national championship in the last 60 years. Gus has been heavily involved in both. Claiming he's done nothing productive at Auburn is dead, solid, wrong.

Very true point...and I am grateful to Gus for those contributions.   But if I were the man in charge, I would not let him run the program in the ground and that is the strategic direction we are heading with our miserable record against our arch rivals.   Just b/c you had penultimate years, doesn't give you a lifetime pass.  I know I am exaggerating, but you get my point.

Heck, the year before Barfield was fired I think we ended up in the top 20 and thumped UGA.  Not his last year, but the year prior.    The year prior....

Fact:  We are turning into a program where we beat the lesser teams in the West and consistently lose to the big boys of the SEC.  It wasn't long ago we were a feared team in the SEC.   

Archived