Lowering the temperature on the 800 pound gorilla

stoic-one

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

but proper etiquette and common courtesy can hamper correct and effective communication.

I do try to excuse/apologize whenever I type something like HUNH or WILLCO, but it's a pain.

Only the most exceedingly decent would feel the need to excuse or apologize for the excessive volume of a properly capitalized acronym. Fortunately for us, you are exceedingly decent. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Only the most exceedingly decent would feel the need to excuse or apologize for the excessive volume of a properly capitalized acronym. Fortunately for us, you are exceedingly decent. 

Thanks, but not really.

Just a crusty old former editor frustrated by changing protocols in a changing world. It's merely a pain.

1st thread I've noted where unloading would be on-topic.

Just now, AUld fAUx@ said:

Thanks, but not really.

Just a crusty old former editor frustrated by changing protocols in a changing world. It's merely a pain.

1st thread I've noted where unloading would be on-topic.

If I ever remove arse from sofa and finally get my support group going for those mourning the true definition of the word literally, I'll be sure to message you privately.

(Wait, though... is HUNH not a properly capitalized acronym? Should we just start a grammar nazi sub in All Things Considered and continue this conversation/get the support group started there?)

War Eagle, anyway. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I ever remove arse from sofa and finally get my support group going for those mourning the true definition of the word literally, I'll be sure to message you privately.

(Wait, though... is HUNH not a properly capitalized acronym? Should we just start a grammar nazi sub in All Things Considered and continue this conversation/get the support group started there?)

War Eagle, anyway. 

actually HUNH is a properly capitalized acronym, and 

POS is a properly capitalized abbreviation.

Latter is not an acronym unless it's to be pronounced "poss." (another peeve, while I've got the proper stage)

War Eagle back.

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Dude. I don't know you or care to but you came at me. By all means please ignore me. No need to respond just ignore me.

I came at the quote and it's hypocrisy as it was stated originally...I just played off of your repetition...I think the ALL CAPS stuff is silly...

Archived