does jay have any juice left?

Butthead

ok, along with many of you, i have abandoned the bus.  and as much as i want gus gone, i don't really want our current AD making the next hire.  but amazingly enough, even after the softball explosion jay still sits in the big boy chair.  the question is does any have any juice left or has his fate been sealed?  anyone know if he still is making decisions for the department?  will jay make this decision or will it be kicked to the next AD chair?

5 minutes ago, WarPigSooie said:

Is there another sport that is having success, that keeps JJ seem successful?

Time will tell but I have a LOT of faith that the Men's basketball is going to be something special this year

Just now, lkeel75 said:

Time will tell but I have a LOT of faith that the Men's basketball is going to be something special this year

me,too       thats why Jethro needs to be fired now, so he can't do anything to cause problems with Bruce

I will be the first to roll Toomers' Corner once Jacobs is gone, but with that said, Jay Jacobs is a savvy politician. Like him or not the guy can talk.  His head was on the chopping block when Chizik tanked.  I was hearing that he was gone.  A few on this board to  include wardameageWDE said  the same.  Yet the guy sweet talked his way out  of  it(and called in EVERY favor  he was owed).  I  would like to  think hi favors are spent but who knows?

Unless Dr. Leath has more interest in football or basketball or baseball or softball than Jay Gogue had we are stuck.  This is the downside to the SACS fall out and pulling guys like Bobby Lowder out of the equation.  What once was the "PTB" is now a toothless old dog.  Anyone actually associated with the university equates athletic success with financial solvency, relatively high matriculation rates and no lawsuits.  Jay Jacobs is as Teflon and John Gotti and nearly as crooked.

3 hours ago, WarPigSooie said:

Is there another sport that is having success, that keeps JJ seem successful?

Softball....still optimistic about getting a good coach....and hoping Butch can get baseball headed back in the right direction......

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Unless Dr. Leath has more interest in football or basketball or baseball or softball than Jay Gogue had we are stuck.  This is the downside to the SACS fall out and pulling guys like Bobby Lowder out of the equation.  What once was the "PTB" is now a toothless old dog.  Anyone actually associated with the university equates athletic success with financial solvency, relatively high matriculation rates and no lawsuits.  Jay Jacobs is as Teflon and John Gotti and nearly as crooked.

Iam actually hoping for a lawsuit in the softball thing to further this along.    I do hate it because my vet's daughter had committed to AU and was a helluva' pitcher

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Iam actually hoping for a lawsuit in the softball thing to further this along.    I do hate it because my vet's daughter had committed to AU and was a helluva' pitcher

That always helps things......you can check on Baylor to see how things are going for them these days....got enough lawsuits to enrich law firms all over Texas and it's been going on for four or five years now...and seems a long way from over. 

Archived