Breaking News

auburnphan

It's a no win situation especially now. If Gus came out and said we have been sluggish in practice this week but we are working extra hard. Many on here would say Gus has lost the team and he needs to go. If he doesn't say anything people would say Gus doesn't care about the fans. Saban treats the Media and fans terrible but their fans never say anything about it. I would say that it better be a good week of practice and the fans need to see a different team on Off. this week. I don't care what Gus says at this point I want to see it on the field. By the way I do expect that we will look good this week.

6 minutes ago, bg5 said:

It's a no win situation especially now. If Gus came out and said we have been sluggish in practice this week but we are working extra hard. Many on here would say Gus has lost the team and he needs to go. If he doesn't say anything people would say Gus doesn't care about the fans. Saban treats the Media and fans terrible but their fans never say anything about it. I would say that it better be a good week of practice and the fans need to see a different team on Off. this week. I don't care what Gus says at this point I want to see it on the field. By the way I do expect that we will look good this week.

Saban wins. Our fanbase needs to quit worrying about what Saban is doing and deal with our HC.

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Against Mercer, it probably will look like we had a good week of practice.

wde

Right now I don't care who it is. Ha Ha

14 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I figured we all could use a good laugh and why not list a bunch of the standard Gus quotes here!!

My favorite one last year was "We're close on offense". Problem was we were closer to being good against bad defenses and closer to being bad against good defenses. Hence the 8-5 record.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

I just feel that almost everyone, including fans, media, players and coaches has come to see through Gus' coach speak every week. He basically says the same rubbish about good practices and good attitudes, and then when the lights come on for game time, you just don't see what he says during the week come to fruition in the actual game. I'm afraid he has dug his own grave, and don't know if he is capable of digging his way out before he is fired. Hope he figures out some way to prove me wrong.

3 hours ago, bg5 said:

By the way I do expect that we will look good this week.

I expect the final score will look good.  I expect the offense to look less than stellar against even this level of competition.  I think they struggle against air at this point.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I just feel that almost everyone, including fans, media, players and coaches has come to see through Gus' coach speak every week. He basically says the same rubbish about good practices and good attitudes, and then when the lights come on for game time, you just don't see what he says during the week come to fruition in the actual game. I'm afraid he has dug his own grave, and don't know if he is capable of digging his way out before he is fired. Hope he figures out some way to prove me wrong.

I guess my point is no coach actually says much at these things. Gus is no different than any other coach. They do these because they have to and none of them say anything unless a reporter says something that makes them mad. I don't know why we as fans get so upset that our coach says the same thing as every other coach. I get you point about what needs to be put on the field and I agree but I just don't get why people get upset over a press conference that you could put any coach in the country up there and hear the same thing.  

1 minute ago, bg5 said:

I guess my point is no coach actually says much at these things. Gus is no different than any other coach. They do these because they have to and none of them say anything unless a reporter says something that makes them mad. I don't know why we as fans get so upset that our coach says the same thing as every other coach. I get you point about what needs to be put on the field and I agree but I just don't get why people get upset over a press conference that you could put any coach in the country up there and hear the same thing.  

You are correct. Since we know what he is going to say and it is going to be repetitive. I think people only listen to them b/c they want to believe there is a sliver of hope that he will actually give some info pertaining to an actual solution to the problems we are experiencing b/c of his bad coaching. But no one should get mad about it.

6 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I expect the final score will look good.  I expect the offense to look less than stellar against even this level of competition.  I think they struggle against air at this point.

I guess we will see. I think this Off. has plenty of potential especially if Gus stays out of it ( I know that's a big if). I do think  he will let the OC do his job this week and we can turn things around. The good thing is that it's early and we have only lost to the #3 team. If we can turn things around right now we have a chance to do some good things. I think  the next two weeks tell us what the rest of the season holds. We know the Def. is good and know the Off. has potential. If the Off looks bad the next two weeks Gus is gone if they do look good then game on.

Look, if there's one thing that guarantees we will not have a 2012 like collapse its that we are not wearing those ridiculous short shorts at practice. We should've just called the season off once Chizik made the fellas hit the field wearing these:

Lol I wish these were photoshopped:

auburn-short-shorts.jpg

shorts-auburn-football.jpg

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Look, if there's one thing that guarantees we will not have a 2012 like collapse its that we are not wearing those ridiculous short shorts at practice. We should've just called the season off once Chizik made the fellas hit the field wearing these:

auburn-short-shorts.jpg

Gives me a flashback to the 80s when real men wore short shorts. They did look atrocious on Larry Bird though.:puke:

23 hours ago, kd4au said:

All practice jokes aside, I would really love to attend some Gus practices and see just what the hell they are doing.

i've been saying the same thing. i'd pay.

10 hours ago, Tiger said:

auburn-short-shorts.jpg

damnit. now i got to delete my cookies.

Archived