Four Players Out For Mercer.

around4ever

37 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

It's time for my guy Malik "the Masher" Miller to get his due.  He needs to get at least 10 carries against Mercer so he can show case what he can do. Who's with me?

(so do Martin and Barrett for that matter, but I digress.)

I really like Miller but I have to wonder if Gus is just being stupid or does Miller have some fumble issues. Its just another one of those head scratchers where you dont know for sure which one to blame. Im leaning toward Gus being Gus until proven otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

If Miller is not good enough to replace a back who is running on just one leg, why is he on the team? Answer that, Gus. 

I believe Gus' strategy for the Clemson game was to limit the turnovers and play defense.  He felt so strong about this strategy, he was still sticking to it til the end, never wavered.  Some of his strategies remind me of a person that believes if you are in an airplane going down, all you have to do is crawl out on the wing and jump right before the airplane hits the ground.  It's all in the execution, the plan is solid.

On 9/14/2017 at 5:46 AM, JMassie11 said:

Again Miller is not as good as pass block and honestly Pettway is our best pass blocking back. You think 11 sacks was a lot, without pettway it would have been worse.

He let a lot of defenders blow by him. If he is the best blocking back just say we don't have one and get it over.

6 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

If Miller is not good enough to replace a back who is running on just one leg, why is he on the team? Answer that, Gus. 

I've been screaming that about QBs for years. Makes zero since the lack of development on the entire offensive side of the ball.

Archived