A few thoughts on M. Willis....

TecmoBoJackson

2 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I am pretty sure STAN used up his eligibility in the 90s.  However, SEAN has been "reported" here on this site to still be injured and may not be available.

If that's the case Willis needs to play in every game now. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I am pretty sure STAN used up his eligibility in the 90s.  However, SEAN has been "reported" here on this site to still be injured and may not be available.

My bad

I was watching USF & Illini this evening and USF runs a lot of stuff that we do. It reminded me of Willis (Flowers USF QB)  If JS comes out and craps up the field against Mizzou for the first half of the game and we are behind at half (6-3) with our defense playing lights out again, Gus better give serious consideration to pulling JS and either replacing him with SW or MW.  We know SW can run this offense and at this point better than JS in game pressure situation.

If SW struggles, let MW take over the ship. Who knows folks, he could be the savior QB we are looking for. My heart hurts for JS and it is my most sincere wish for the young man to have to light come on and start playing with confidence and just having fun slinging it all over the field. I do think he was pushing hard in the Clemson game to make something happen out of nothing.

However, watching Gus' offense has become almost painful to watch knowing what is going to happen. I am liking this offense less and less and wish we could have a system much different than what we have. I would love to see us run something like OU with Lincoln Riley's style of offense. I like what Gundy runs at OSU.  We need to be the first true air raid offense in the SEC and just sling it around for 350 yards in the air a small but productive 150-180 yards on the ground. Heck I would be happy with 275 air miles and 200 rushing as well. We need to become the air raid offense of the SEC much like Spurrier in his days at UF. This Delaware Wing T stuff has run its course and the thrill is probably gone. Do not get me wrong, if we get things cranking again,  I will be glad to eat crow!

14 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Willis will RS. 

If true, that's just dumb. If we are saving him for next year(or the next), remember we are getting Fields, Nix , Tom Brady, Joe Montana, blah blah blah

11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I was watching USF & Illini this evening and USF runs a lot of stuff that we do. It reminded me of Willis (Flowers USF QB)  If JS comes out and craps up the field against Mizzou for the first half of the game and we are behind at half (6-3) with our defense playing lights out again, Gus better give serious consideration to pulling JS and either replacing him with SW or MW.  We know SW can run this offense and at this point better than JS in game pressure situation.

If SW struggles, let MW take over the ship. Who knows folks, he could be the savior QB we are looking for. My heart hurts for JS and it is my most sincere wish for the young man to have to light come on and start playing with confidence and just having fun slinging it all over the field. I do think he was pushing hard in the Clemson game to make something happen out of nothing.

However, watching Gus' offense has become almost painful to watch knowing what is going to happen. I am liking this offense less and less and wish we could have a system much different than what we have. I would love to see us run something like OU with Lincoln Riley's style of offense. I like what Gundy runs at OSU.  We need to be the first true air raid offense in the SEC and just sling it around for 350 yards in the air a small but productive 150-180 yards on the ground. Heck I would be happy with 275 air miles and 200 rushing as well. We need to become the air raid offense of the SEC much like Spurrier in his days at UF. This Delaware Wing T stuff has run its course and the thrill is probably gone. Do not get me wrong, if we get things cranking again,  I will be glad to eat crow!

3rd game of the year & we're already talking about benching JS. Woah. Who would've thought back in July we'd be having this discussion? 

I just don't want to expose the kid to getting lit up 11 times by some of the biggest human beings that this country has to offer moving at some of the fastest speeds known to man's limitations. Honestly let Stidham and White be the sacrificial lambs until we have our offensive line figured out.

18 minutes ago, War Knight said:

I just don't want to expose the kid to getting lit up 11 times by some of the biggest human beings that this country has to offer moving at some of the fastest speeds known to man's limitations. Honestly let Stidham and White be the sacrificial lambs until we have our offensive line figured out.

Fair statement, but Willis has the wheels to get up the field and out of the way. He could keep the defense honest and make them respect his wheels. 

48 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

The difference between Gus  and Saban is Saban would have tried Willis at qb vs Clemson. He isn't worried about red shirts. He wants to win

Let me preface my response with the statement that Gus can't even hold an unlit candle Saban.

That being said, no quarterback would have made a difference in that game. Play calling, line and receiver play doomed anyone behind the center.

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

JS will be fine and next in line needs to be MW anyhow 

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

3rd game of the year & we're already talking about benching JS. Woah. Who would've thought back in July we'd be having this discussion? 

I hate this as much as anyone and want JS to kick it in and be the man we all want him to be and win big.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

JS will be fine and next in line needs to be MW anyhow 

I hope you are right very much. I just do not want this season to fall apart. We need a good showing today. So far it is not going the way it should but it is early on in the season.

3 hours ago, Tiger Scout said:

Willis may have ran all over Clemson you don't know. My point is Saban would have tried something different.. Gus just does the same thing over and over again 

I think Gus tried different QBs in the Clemson game last year and was torched for it. Let's face it, every unit on offense is stinking it up, including the players that played well last year. NO leadership or play makers on offense( except 33 and 4).  

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

So, now that it appears Sean is out, do y'all think we may see some special packages for Malik moving forward?

Great question. I still think Gus tries to keep him redshirted.IMO

6 hours ago, bikeriderga said:

If you go back and look at the A-Day game, what is the one thong you see Jarrett Stidham not do?

Hint: Think time with the football in his hands.

Primary thing he didn't do was get hit or sacked. Different world altogether when the pressure isn't "real" and you know you're going to be on your feet when the play is over.

On 9/15/2017 at 1:56 PM, damabama said:

if malzahn does't ruin him first

A true freshman that hasn't had the opportunity to be ..... Coached.... By Gus probably has the best chance to succeed.

I wouldn't hire Gus at eight bucks an hour to teach my hypothetical child piano lessons for fear he would come out with one arm and a lisp.

credit to a poster on the bodda getta for the above statement

Archived