Hey Coach - Disturbing

corchjay

I just hopped in the 4runner and ran to the store.  The radio was on xjox and the Hey Coach, Nick Saban show was on.  I only caught 2 comments questions...

The first was a guy from the audience.  He commented that his family had been dealing with cancer.  Commented that watching Alabama football brought the family "happiness and healing"...

Next was a caller, female.  Stated she had just had surgery and was thankful that Alabama football was helping her "get through the surgery".

Like for real?  Alabama football the religion...

War Eagle.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I just hopped in the 4runner and ran to the store.  The radio was on xjox and the Hey Coach, Nick Saban show was on.  I only caught 2 comments questions...

The first was a guy from the audience.  He commented that his family had been dealing with cancer.  Commented that watching Alabama football brought the family "happiness and healing"...

Next was a caller, female.  Stated she had just had surgery and was thankful that Alabama football was helping her "get through the surgery".

War Eagle.

I mean, there are kids, even physically sick ones that think Auburn is the world to them. We also have sidewalk fans that live vicariously through the university just like the Bama fanbase. Honestly, if they find peace with Roll Tide, go for it.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154331441168867&set=a.429226123866.231181.697928866&type=3

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I mean, there are kids, even physically sick ones that think Auburn is the world to them. We also have sidewalk fans that live vicariously through the university just like the Bama fanbase. Honestly, if they find peace with Roll Tide, go for it.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154331441168867&set=a.429226123866.231181.697928866&type=3

You do know Cam's son is Chosen, right?

The next time you get in your vehicle and wjox is on...CHANGE STATIONS IMMEDIATELY!!!

38 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

48 minutes ago, corchjay said:

War Eagle.

Was either asked when they graduated from UAT?

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

guess football and medical conditions are similar. just as well have a root canal or colonoscopy as watch the offensive we are running.

Give me nitrous and as for the colonoscopy I just mix meralax with beer and I'm happy

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

The next time you get in your vehicle and wjox is on...CHANGE STATIONS IMMEDIATELY!!!

As a general rule, I agree. Opening Drive is baaaaaaaaaaad, bad, bad, bad. I really enjoy the Roundtable, then it goes back downhill. 

There are many UAT fans who have forgotten, or never knew that putting your happiness, salvation, hopes, dreams, etc into the hands of kids playing a game is unwise.  

However, if turd football helps someone through hard times, more power to them.  

27 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

There are many UAT fans who have forgotten, or never knew that putting your happiness, salvation, hopes, dreams, etc into the hands of kids playing a game is unwise.  

However, if turd football helps someone through hard times, more power to them.  

Sad to say that some Auburn "fans" are the same. That being said, UAT has the majority of those types, and its not even close. 

I'm going to put my opinion out on this now. I read this all the time about people not graduating from the university they root for and how graduates look down on them. Well, I am one of those, and I'm frankly tired of that song. I began my college career at UAH then moved to Troy when my father was ill and needed me back home. However, I have been an Auburn fan for as long as I can remember even though no one in my family holds a degree from that university. Our family allegiance stems from the agriculture background of the school and I believe is a perfectly fine reason to pull for them. My father frequently attended events at Auburn about ag purchased bulls at the bull tests and we still use the vet school and extension offices now. It really frustrates me how many of you look down on some of us who still have a love for the school but for whatever reason didn't have the opportunity to attend. 

WDE!  

PS, I realize this is a little off the topic but I saw a couple of comments about graduating from the university and it lit my fuse this morning. 

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Give me nitrous and as for the colonoscopy I just mix meralax with beer and I'm happy

Miralax and powerade - My son recently had a boy who kept picking on him, going through his stuff, and taking his water/powerade or what ever dink my son brought to school that day.  My son and the other boy were sort of friends (still are) but my son had finally had enough of it after the other boy went through his back pack and took everything out of it strode it all over the locker room, stole a few things, and rubbed deodorant all over my sons binder.  The next day he knew the other boy would probably take his powerade and sure enough he did.  Apparently about 15mins in to class, right after the other boy had drank the powerade, he ran out of the class room to the bathroom.  Of course my son got in to trouble over the incident because he had told a few of his buddies what was going on and well they all bet the boy he couldn't drink the powerade in like 10secs.  The boy said it was like he was peeing out of his a$$.  I asked my son how much he put in, he said 3 doses, and it was a mini powerade not one of the big ones.  The other boy hasn't messed with my sons stuff since.  This happened last year in Jr, this year my son is in high school and from what we hear from a lot of the parents and other kids is no one wants to mess with our son bc they don't know what might happen.  Nothing like being a 9th grader with street cred  Our daughter is 2 yrs younger then our son and she is known by the teachers at the Jr High as "you're the sister of the boy who put miralax in the powerade."  I thought it was funny, when I had to meet with the principle she said this will all die down in a week or 2 and everyone will forget about it.  I still get "oh your son was the one who did the powerade and miralax to the kid who was bullying him."  It's one thing to mess with the big kid who will just beat you up but mess with a nerd and you never know what might happen.

16 hours ago, Barnacle said:

As a general rule, I agree. Opening Drive is baaaaaaaaaaad, bad, bad, bad. I really enjoy the Roundtable, then it goes back downhill. 

Agree about the OD. I moved from Bham a few years ago but I actually stopped listening well before that. Jay Barker is annoying and I know it may upset some on here but Del Greco is part of the reason I quit listening. He seemed to just sit there and let Auburn get abused by callers and even Jay to a degree and say very little. I thought he was a bit too quiet in defense of Auburn on the show when needed. He was a great kicker though. 

4 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I'm going to put my opinion out on this now. I read this all the time about people not graduating from the university they root for and how graduates look down on them. Well, I am one of those, and I'm frankly tired of that song. I began my college career at UAH then moved to Troy when my father was ill and needed me back home. However, I have been an Auburn fan for as long as I can remember even though no one in my family holds a degree from that university. Our family allegiance stems from the agriculture background of the school and I believe is a perfectly fine reason to pull for them. My father frequently attended events at Auburn about ag purchased bulls at the bull tests and we still use the vet school and extension offices now. It really frustrates me how many of you look down on some of us who still have a love for the school but for whatever reason didn't have the opportunity to attend. 

WDE!  

PS, I realize this is a little off the topic but I saw a couple of comments about graduating from the university and it lit my fuse this morning. 

If following the success of a football or other sports team helps a family deal with serious illness like cancer, then more power to them.  How can anyone fault them if the team's continued winning helps them hang on for another day?  You'd have to be one cold SOB to make fun of someone for that, regardless of the team they root for or follow.   

That said ... uat fans (in general) can be some of the most insufferable fools that follow any team.  We all have our "war stories" with interactions with them.  The worst I encountered were with the ones that would accost me for even going to AU, and then denigrate my engineering degree all because of the success of the uat football team over AU at the time (74-79.)  After awhile I didn't even bother asking 'when did you graduate' because I could tell they never darkened a uat classroom doorway.  I don't feel the same way for non-grads that root for other teams, but uat dirt-road fans deserve all the scorn that can be heaped upon them(!)   

5 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

WDE!  

My screen name should say enough, preaching to the choir brother.  Half off tuition at Bama was far to difficult to pass up for me.  Both my parents have retired from Bama (neither taught) but were there while I was at school.  I got a faculty parking tag, no class was ever closed, had all English speaking professors, knew which professors to avoid, most professors knew one of parents, several professors I already knew (heck my power professor was my 6th grade Sunday School teacher), etc....  I would have loved to have gone to Auburn but I will say I got a lot of perks by going to Bama that I wouldn't have gotten going to Auburn.

17 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

WDE!  

I feel you brother. I attended Auburn, but never graduated. My Dad attended also, but had to drop out for financial reasons. However, my brother did manage to graduate paying his own way, between marrying too young, a divorce, and raising a child it took him about 10 years. I have a brother in law graduate, and 2 nieces, and a nephew. I also grew up there, so I feel my ties to the school are equal to any alumni. I think you Will find that most of the posters here, myself included have a genuine disdain for the members of the uneducated Bama sidewalk alumni. I grew up around many of them, and they are so typical. Most couldn't find Tuscaloosa on a map, much less spell it. They love to cruise the state with their Alabama flags flapping in the wind irregardless of the season, or whether they are on their way to Walmart Mart, or the wrestling match. I typically don't pay them any attention, other than they are usually good for laughs, and I take solace in the fact that once their football fortunes take a down turn they will disappear like a fart in the wind.

WAR EAGLE!

• WarTiger changed the title to Hey Coach - Disturbing

Archived