***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Does the screen to Ryan Davis ever work? I know a quick slant worked in game 1, but not sure about the screen.

I still have bad memories about the WR screen from 2013. Coates scored a long TD on one at aTM, but after that, it NEVER worked again....of course, that didn't stop Gus from trying it ad-nauseam. :-\

I think it worked against mizzou in the sec title game as well for long yardage but yes it rarely ever worked.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Unfortunately. For one, an elite team blows you off the line of scrimmage. Don't see that happening this year. Hope I am wrong.

I keep on looking up to see either Mercer DBs blowing our receivers off blocks during screens or us getting 5+ yards rushing and then turning around for 2 the next plays

seeing Pettway get stood up by a Mercer player hurt my soul a little 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I keep on looking up to see either Mercer DBs blowing our receivers off blocks during screens or us getting 5+ yards rushing and then turning around for 2 the next plays

seeing Pettway get stood up by a Mercer player hurt my soul a little 

Seeing a non-100% Bubba playing hurts my soul. 

I just don't understand why our WRs aren't better? That is one position that we have both recruited GREAT at AND held onto those recruits. They should be a strength for this team, not a liablility.

Just now, AUinfusion said:

I just don't understand why our WRs aren't better? That is one position that we have both recruited GREAT at AND held onto those recruits. They should be a strength for this team, not a liablility.

Kodi Burns. 

Just now, Cardin Drake said:

Stidham is still holding the ball too long.  Don't tell me nobody is open.

last 2 drives ending were not his fault at all. 

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Stidham is still holding the ball too long.  Don't tell me nobody is open.

Our WRs are obviously not ready for the moment and also not being coached by someone who's led a group of WRs to success before...

Just now, Ryan Sanders said:

Kodi Burns. 

blame gus. He rather make a hire that he is comfortable with than a real bona fide guy who is qualified for the job. AU is not a place to learn on the job.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

blame gus. He rather make a hire that he is comfortable with than a real bona fide guy who is qualified for the job. AU is not a place to learn on the job.

I blame both.  Neither should be coaching.  Both horrible.  

Apparently, it is. :(

Oh trust me. I'm ready for Gus to either go or completely abandon his offense and hire a whole new offensive staff that will run the new coordinators offense. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Kodi Burns. 

One of the more memorable moments of my posting career was seeing people defend us hire a guy who hadn't coached nor seriously played the position he was hired for. If there was a hire that could possibly make less sense than Craig there, it was Kodi Burns. No offense to him, he's a cool guy, but IDK what merit he had 

Defen

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

at the game. receivers are hot garbage. slow and covered. terrible so far. never been more certain as to what the root of our problems is.

Great...then looks like our defense has their work cut out for them today.  Sounds like a lot of three and outs.

Archived