***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

Yes, and it is taking forever. Against a SEC defense, we will see the sack show we saw last week. These turds can't call a quick throw.

which means Gus influence is still all over this offense. Gus offense at southern miss was littered with intermediate routes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better pace, more creative calls, and a good use of personnel.  This is what I wanted.  I think I counted six different guys touching the ball (besides Stidham) on that TD drive.

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I have to say it.  Auburn in serious trouble against LSU, UGA, and Bama.  

so business as usual under gus then?

I'm beginning to wonder what Gus constitutes as a good practice, because it's not showing much at game time with this offense

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Better pace, more creative calls, and a good use of personnel.  This is what I wanted.  I think I counted six different guys touching the ball (besides Stidham) on that TD drive.

unfortunately it won't be like the A day game in sec play having 10 seconds for a guy to FINALLY get open. I think the WR's getting separation is a even bigger issue than the OL play.

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Yes, and it is taking forever. Against a SEC defense, we will see the sack show we saw last week. These turds can't call a quick throw.

Progress doesn't count for something? Not to mention Stidham was running out of clean pockets and was a large part of the reason for a bunch of those sacks. 

Just now, tbone4jc said:

Stidham should look for the short routes more. Seems to be fixated on the home run every time

The Baylor still in him 

Just now, tbone4jc said:

Stidham should look for the short routes more. Seems to be fixated on the home run every time

because that is all the routes the WR's are running and what gus has always preached.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

unfortunately it won't be like the A day game in sec play having 10 seconds for a guy to FINALLY get open. I think the WR's getting separation is a even bigger issue than the OL play.

Totally agree.  That's the biggest issue I see so far offensively.  Stidham needs to be a little faster on his check downs too.

Will say I'm glad we have are almost 50 percent passing and running. Stidham is still holding on a while but at least he's looking through progressions and 8/10. Just needs to be a little quicker in reads by about a second. That may present problems against SEC defenses... 

Archived