***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

s*** guys, I hate to say it, but Gus could lose this team quickly. This game has been so apparent they are not into the game...no focus, no discipline, everything just seems to be going wrong.

I think he already has man.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We have a ton of passing yards. That's like a moral victory right? 

in classic auburn fashion no passing tds. we are allergic to them.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’d love to be pissed at Gus, but we’ve thrown the ball well. Studham is like 31 of 36 for 357 yds so we haven’t just been playing grind it out. But Gus isn’t fumbling or committing asinine penalties. 

You are so right...and most of you know beaucoups more about the sport than do I...but in the little I DO know, I know there's a chutzpah, a mojo, a championship spirit, a ganas, a spiritual fortitude...a whatever you want to call it in any language...THAT! IS! MISSING!  (And which usually affects the execution...and which IS the other "half" of quality coaching)

Ok let score two tds and make this game look more respectable than it really was.

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

So where has Davis been prior to that?  I'll wait. 

Downfield open waving for the ball

I can't emphasize how detrimental it is to our offense that we continue to keep KP in the game. It legitimately kills our running game which our offense has been built around.

Short field for Auburn offense and a review now for a possible targeting penalty.   He definitely launched himself and lowered his head.   I think that's a pretty easy call there.

2 minutes ago, War Knight said:

What makes you say that?

If he's been here through all the crap he's caused why does he leave now? That seems to be the rational thing to do but we have been far from rational.

1 minute ago, AU-Allen said:

We are playing MERCER>>>>> LMAO A TEAM THAT WHIPPED LAST WEEK

Not saying that’s acceptable. Just saying the play calling has been fine. We’re about to be over 500 yds and held them under 200. But 5 turnovers and stupid penalties that are frankly uncharacteristic for us are just not the coach’s fault. 

1 minute ago, CountStandya said:

Oh my god ...been at work all day just now seeing this....can someone give me a run down of what the heck is happening ..thanks

5 turnovers, four of which were fumbles.  That's all you need to know.  Just crappy ball handling.

Archived