***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CountStandya said:

Oh my god ...been at work all day just now seeing this....can someone give me a run down of what the heck is happening ..thanks

4 fumbles and an interception mainly. Plus some poor execution. 

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Exactly.  We we've seen today really isn't on Gus at all, IMO. 

Not at all?  Teams practice so they can execute.  Coaches recruit their players, they condition them, they train them, they teach them, they motivate them, and they replace them when players consistently make mistakes.  Our executive is poor, both at the schematic level, and with fundamentals such as ball control to avoid turnovers.  Our team has looked unmotivated and disinterested.  At this point, Gus reeks of incompetence, and as the head coach, yes this is on him.  As a leader, as the leader, he gets the blame for our plethora of problems.  As the executive who hired unqualified or underqualified staffers, Gus is responsible.  Gus has been a head case since we lost to FSU, and he has been good at best in spurts since then, regressing with each year.

2 minutes ago, CountStandya said:

Oh my god ...been at work all day just now seeing this....can someone give me a run down of what the heck is happening ..thanks

Dominated the game but 5 turnovers and stupid penalties have killed us all game long. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Not saying that’s acceptable. Just saying the play calling has been fine. We’re about to be over 500 yds and held them under 200. But 5 turnovers and stupid penalties that are frankly uncharacteristic for us are just not the coach’s fault. 

How do you think Saban would handle that? Just curious.  I don't think he'd tolerate this garbage.  

the third or fourth time we have run that crappy play. Mercer is caught off guard....

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Not saying that’s acceptable. Just saying the play calling has been fine. We’re about to be over 500 yds and held them under 200. But 5 turnovers and stupid penalties that are frankly uncharacteristic for us are just not the coach’s fault. 

I disagree, I think this team is just as tired of him as we are. I just don't think they want to play for him either. The D is playing for Coach Steele

1 minute ago, AU Counsel said:

Not at all?  Teams practice so they can execute.  Coaches recruit their players, they condition them, they train them, they teach them, they motivate them, and they replace them when players consistently make mistakes.  Our executive is poor, both at the schematic level, and with fundamentals such as ball control to avoid turnovers.  Our team has looked unmotivated and disinterested.  At this point, Gus reeks of incompetence, and as the head coach, yes this is on him.  As a leader, as the leader, he gets the blame for our plethora of problems.  As the executive who hired unqualified or underqualified staffers, Gus is responsible.  Gus has been a head case since we lost to FSU, and he has been good at best in spurts since then, regressing with each year.

If I remember correctly, Bama had 5 turnovers against Ole Miss a couple of years ago.  This crap happens occasionally.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Gus said on the pregame report that it was "all about the little things" today. I think he knew that he lied about our great week of practice.

1 minute ago, AU Counsel said:

Sad to agree...but it's hard not to.

Just now, AU Counsel said:

Execution has been fine. Over 500 yds of offense. Stidham is hitting about 80% of his throws for over 350 yds. It’s reallt just turnovers.  The penalties are bad but we’d be up 40-3 without the TOs. 

I just want to see a damn passing td for AUBURN.  That is always to much to ask for with Gus.

Archived