***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

How do you think Saban would handle that? Just curious.  I don't think he'd tolerate this garbage.  

Who gives a flying leap what he'd do?  nickster is the guy who played a drug dealing addict instead of kicking him off the team.....not to mention all the other thugs he's allowed to play after a small slap on the wrist. That little stub of a human being is no one to look to for answers. The turds are like the mafia example of a business plan.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Randman5000 said:

Gus isn't passing the rest of the game 

a wet dream of his.

KP has 34!!!! Carries against freaking mercer. This is dumb where is Martin Miller and Barnett?? Why waste all those carries against this team? And use martins speed 

1 minute ago, AU-Allen said:

Without him at this point we likely lose. He has made the plays when we needed him say what you will. 

Keep telling yourself that. Anybody with eyes can see how limited he is today. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Who gives a flying leap what he'd do?  nickster is the guy who played a drug dealing addict instead of kicking him off the team.....not to mention all the other thugs he's allowed to play after a small slap on the wrist. That little stub of a human being is no one to look to for answers. The turds are like the mafia example of a business plan.

And yet the play for a national title every year.  Yep I don't want to model after them.  Smh. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Tolerate how?  If Bama turned it over five times what’s he going to do, murder them on the sideline?

If Bama ever turns it over 5 times we'll know. If. 

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Ole Miss = Mercer? 

Exactly.  Ole Miss has tripped up Bama more than once and recently.  I'm no fan of Saban, but I am wishing we had some of his legendary discipline right about now.  

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

And we are the good guys right? 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Execution has been fine. Over 500 yds of offense. Stidham is hitting about 80% of his throws for over 350 yds. It’s reallt just turnovers.  The penalties are bad but we’d be up 40-3 without the TOs. 

Disagree. I haven't seen a running back with a hole at the line of scrimmage all game. I think I've seen a really open WR two or three times, tops. Our plays are not creating opportunities for our players, and are players aren't doing a great job of making up for that, either. We are just a much more physically gifted team, so we are winning.

1 minute ago, Tiger96 said:

Not saying he hasn't made the plays. Just crazy how low is ypc is 

If he runs every time we have a first and are moving the ball. That number with those carries is respectable for his style. 

25 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Remember when our backups used to play in games like this?? Sigh. 

Oh boy, those were the good ole days before this clown

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

And yet the play for a national title every year.  Yep I don't want to model after them.  Smh. 

Ok. I understand now. We got ourselves a closet Bammer folks. :)

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Tolerate how?  If Bama turned it over five times what’s he going to do, murder them on the sideline?

LOL, Saban does not have to worry about tolerating it because it would not happen (especially against Mercer).  How many crap shows have you seen under Saban at spuat since 2007 versus how many from Gus at AU since 2013? 

wde

Just now, TitanTiger said:

They did recently. Against Ole Miss. and lost. 

they also won a national title that year. Do you see us spring boarding this performance in to a natty? This may shock you but I do not......

My issue with Gus this game isn't with the play calling or anything like that. I think that the playcalling was actually pretty good and I agree that it was all about penalties and turnovers that were our issue today. However, the stubbornness to leave Pettway in for every single running play, the lack of fire on the sidelines when there are so many mistakes, and the fact that he didn't bench R.Davis after he fumbled on the punt return and then fumbled out of bounds on the next series is something that really angers me.

Archived