Where is Kam Martin or Malik Miller?

Browning4AU

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Mercer's linebackers too big?

That's what I said!

They were on the bench watching KP hobble for 34 carries while playing at 30% and probably further agitating his injury(s)

Inexplicable.  Watching Huice run for lsu, we don't have that talented of rbs.  Can't recruit them.  But why play only one guy who is hurt is crazy stupid.  And did not hear an explanation from gus

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Saving both for the rest of the season smart guy that Gus

This makes so much sense to Gus! Wish it made sense to the rest of us! He is such a offensive genius that he has been preparing for SEC play this entire time. 

10 minutes ago, WDE2829 said:

Seems like this game would've been a great opportunity to get them some game reps.  

It would have.........but we needed to play our starters the whole game so we wouldn't lose to Mercer.

Hopefully not sitting on bench because of concerns about ball security. 

34 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Inexplicable.  Watching Huice run for lsu, we don't have that talented of rbs.  Can't recruit them.  But why play only one guy who is hurt is crazy stupid.  And did not hear an explanation from gus

I would argue a healthy KP KJ combo is just as effective but I can't believe how we're using KP right now.

“I didn’t think coming into this game I’d play that much but I had to do what I had to do to help my team,” Pettway said.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Even-Kamryn-Pettway-is-surprised-hes-only-Auburn-RB-touching-bal-107526612

There is no reason another rb couldn't have taken a couple carries today, Gus is total hogwash. If I was Malik and Kam, I'd be very unhappy. 

Yet another example of being inflexible during a game. Dang it , give some of the other guys a chance every now and then. I still wonder if KP would be playing fullback and blocking if KJ hadn't been hurt last year. 

8 minutes ago, Aucater said:

Yet another example of being inflexible during a game. Dang it , give some of the other guys a chance every now and then. I still wonder if KP would be playing fullback and blocking if KJ hadn't been hurt last year. 

If Roc hadn't left and Jovon hadn't have gotten kicked off the team, KP would absolutely be playing Hback if he was even still around for that matter. He literally fell in Gus's lap because we had no other choice. It's mind boggling how underused some of our guys are. 

1 hour ago, War Knight said:

That's what I said!

They were on the bench watching KP hobble for 34 carries while playing at 30% and probably further agitating his injury(s)

there is no single player on this team that malzahn will not sacrifice in order to hold onto his 4.5 million dollar gig. ask sean white. malzahn will use them until he uses them up.

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

If Roc hadn't left and Jovon hadn't have gotten kicked off the team, KP would absolutely be playing Hback if he was even still around for that matter. He literally fell in Gus's lap because we had no other choice. It's mind boggling how underused some of our guys are. 

All you have to do is look at KP's high school tape to see he could run the ball.

54 minutes ago, Aucater said:

He wouldn’t even be playing, took 2 years and players leaving early/transferring and then injuries for him to get into the game. Now we feed him every run play

2 minutes ago, CullmanTiger said:

He wouldn’t even be playing, took 2 years and players leaving early/transferring and then injuries for him to get into the game. Know we feed him every run play

That not being able to evaluate talent. By the way where is Marquis McClain?

Would be good to hear Horton's take on the running backs he coaches and whether or not Martin, Miller & Barnett are capable of playing at an FBS level.

Inconceivable that against a team like Mercer that our backups would not get the playing time and experience they need to be ready to step in. How the hell are we going to develop any depth at RB, or other positions for that matter? With Kerryon out we are one KP injury away from epic failure of our offense. That has been Saban's point of success, developing depth. Right now, we are way too thin.

Archived