Sean White arrested

TitanTiger

41 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Only at Auburn do most of the baseless rumors turn out to be true.

So I'm guessing he is done? He already served one three game suspension.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bye Felicia. Seriously, though, the guy seems to have problems more than just the average college student (admittedly I only know what is discussed here). Friends I had in college that we chalked up to just being partners ended up getting themselves together but some required AA to do it. Hope he can straighten himself out but I think that being off the football team might be the best way.

I'm getting the impression that the clean shirts on here are no fun to hang out with.  It's a public intox...big deal.  Maybe we need a rebel gunslinger at QB but I'm not sure the nancies at Auburn will like that very much.  The bottom line is that Sean White isn't a ***** and sometime people that aren't ******* like to raise a little hell, especially when they are 21.  With the attitude of the board, Jeff Burger would have never played a snap at Auburn.  And before you guys say "times were different back then...", well maybe they were better and we need to go back to acting like we got a pair.  I like SW even more now.  Hope to see him starting against Missouri. 

There's no other way Gus can keep this team focused unless White is booted.  He has to go and Gus is losing this team fast.  If he doesn't boot White from the team it will be 2008 and 2012 all over again.  The lack of discipline among other things in this coaching staff is horrible. 

3 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

I'm getting the impression that the clean shirts on here are no fun to hang out with.  It's a public intox...big deal.  Maybe we need a rebel gunslinger at QB but I'm not sure the nancies at Auburn will like that very much.  The bottom line is that Sean White isn't a ***** and sometime people that aren't ******* like to raise a little hell, especially when they were 21.  With the attitude of the board, Jeff Burger would have never played a snap at Auburn.  And before you guys say "times were different back then...", well maybe they were better and we need to go back to acting like we got a pair.  I like SW even more now.  Hope to see him starting against Missouri. 

And you don't see a pattern here with him already being suspended? 

4 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

I'm getting the impression that the clean shirts on here are no fun to hang out with.  It's a public intox...big deal.  Maybe we need a rebel gunslinger at QB but I'm not sure the nancies at Auburn will like that very much.  The bottom line is that Sean White isn't a ***** and sometime people that aren't ******* like to raise a little hell, especially when they are 21.  With the attitude of the board, Jeff Burger would have never played a snap at Auburn.  And before you guys say "times were different back then...", well maybe they were better and we need to go back to acting like we got a pair.  I like SW even more now.  Hope to see him starting against Missouri. 

While I agree we need some attitude, you are way off base with this one. Since SW has been on campus(and most likely before) he has had problem with a few substances. That's not a rebel, that's a kid with a problem.

some have mentioned substance abuse. I can't speak to whether or not this is true for white but for me personally I know just how delineating it can be. if there is a greater problem I pray Sean reaches out for help. 

hey I understand. 

he had to go out and  celebrate the big victory. I remember that night  after we beat Bama in Jordon-hare. Well actually I don't. But it was a monstermental win just like Saturday:let there be a celebration.

Seriously though. when I was a student I wouldn't have frowned on his actions nearly as much as I do now. I promise he isn't alone in his actions as to what he did Saturday night.

The major difference however, with Sean being a representative  of Auburn university, he is and should be held to a higher standard of behavior. 

hopefully this will be a wake up call for him and he can get his head screwed on straight.  I'm afraid his football career could be over. From a personal standpoint  I hate to see the route he is taking.

as a fan and alumni of Auburn , I will say, we have have more pressing needs (as a football team) than our back up quarterback. with everything that has transpired within our athletic program lately, never expect the unexpected. 

Ok, I may be missing something or my peir is just longer than some people's. He was supposed suspended for grades the first go around. He gets arrested for public intoxacation last night. Is there a connection between the two? Maybe some of the insiders can confirm more is going on. However, a kid gets caught using and illegal drug and he misses one game. This kid is drunk in public and he should be kicked of the team. I am sure he probably wanted to be drunk in a bar and the threw him in public arrest them!

At this point it's about the kid and not football.  Do you can him and possibly send him spiraling down a washed up tube or do you take the 100 players and try to help him.  I lean to the compassionate side and that human life is more important then football.  

2 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

Ok, I may be missing something or my peir is just longer than some people's. He was supposed suspended for grades the first go around. He gets arrested for public intoxacation last night. Is there a connection between the two? Maybe some of the insiders can confirm more is going on. However, a kid gets caught using and illegal drug and he misses one game. This kid is drunk in public and he should be kicked of the team. I am sure he probably wanted to be drunk in a bar and the threw him in public arrest them!

He was suspended for substance abuse, not grades, as I understand it. 

2 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

He was suspended for substance abuse, not grades, as I understand it. 

He's probably avoiding that substance, hence he's getting drunk which is totally legal.  Some of the cops in Auburn are out of control so let's see the whole story first.  It's not like he was caught in a DUI or with a gun & drugs or robbing students like some players at another in-state school.  

13 minutes ago, shabby said:

some have mentioned substance abuse. I can't speak to whether or not this is true for white but for me personally I know just how delineating it can be. if there is a greater problem I pray Sean reaches out for help. 

This

SW obviously has a problem that he can't control.  He should be removed from the football team, but the AU football program should help him get help.

wde

12 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

he had to go out and  celebrate the big victory.

He had to do that after barely beating Mercer?.... Big victory? My gosh man...

Regardless the hits keep coming and we have a black eye and they won't stop soon.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He had to do that after barely beating Mercer?.... Big victory? My gosh man...

Regardless the hits keep coming and we have a black eye and they won't stop soon.

there was much sarcasm implied. notice the game I compared it to.

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

At this point it's about the kid and not football.  Do you can him and possibly send him spiraling down a washed up tube or do you take the 100 players and try to help him.  I lean to the compassionate side and that human life is more important then football.  

I had a DC I worked under tell me once, "Discipline doesn't necessarily mean punishing someone, it means instilling what is right and wrong. That is much easier accomplished with them on the team, surrounded by support and accountability."

I'm not all tore up over this.  This isn't some shocking thing for a 21 year old college kid to do.  The only reason anyone is talking about it is because he's on scholarship at AU.  Moving on...

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

You guys really don't understand the extent of this. It's a lot deeper than "being drunk in public". 

Thank you. SW is making some poor life decisions. How can some think he can lead the team effectively when he can't even keep himself out of trouble. Leaders don't do that. Period. 

Archived