Auburn is a top 10 team rn...

austudnt23

Stop melting please. Look I am not happy about the score yesterday at all or the turnovers. There is some facts some people are ignoring. We ran Chip offense and executed very well except for turnovers. Stidham threw for 370 when was last time we had a qb throw for that many yards? I really don't know. If we don't turn ball overy we score 5p plus and win by 30 plus. Kam Pettway shouldn't have been used that much but he is a back who the more he gets hit the better he gets. Last year he took all the beating in spring and fall camp this year he has hardly been hit  except for in games. We have the best defense in the his the SEC. We need to find a 3rd back but I expect Kerryon back by Mississippi state. Any doubters to just how good Clemson defense and offense is did you watch the game last night Clemson is the best team in the country rn. We shut their offense down basically except for a few 50/50 balls they got. Their defense shut the reigning heisman winner down until 4th quarter when they were up big and basically playing soft defensively.

Undefeated until Iron Bowl. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No they are not . We have not played like a top ten team. Stop with this nonsense . I support AU and the boys but they are going to have to earn their respect . Talent and potential is one thing. Going out there and getting it done is another.

6 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Stop melting please. Look I am not happy about the score yesterday at all or the turnovers. There is some facts some people are ignoring. We ran Chip offense and executed very well except for turnovers. Stidham threw for 370 when was last time we had a qb throw for that many yards? I really don't know. If we don't turn ball overy we score 5p plus and win by 30 plus. Kam Pettway shouldn't have been used that much but he is a back who the more he gets hit the better he gets. Last year he took all the beating in spring and fall camp this year he has hardly been hit  except for in games. We have the best defense in the his the SEC. We need to find a 3rd back but I expect Kerryon back by Mississippi state. Any doubters to just how good Clemson defense and offense is did you watch the game last night Clemson is the best team in the country rn. We shut their offense down basically except for a few 50/50 balls they got. Their defense shut the reigning heisman winner down until 4th quarter when they were up big and basically playing soft defensively.

I'm truly trying to decide whether you are serious, or just trying to invoke a response. If you think that team that played yesterday will go 11-1, I really am worried about your mental stability friend. Either way, I hope that if I ever commit a crime you are on the jury. WOW!

12 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Sunshine pumping at its finest.  This Auburn team shouldn't be ranked right now.  This team is unfocused, undisciplined, and shows a tremendous lack of leadership.  It can't even get a push on the line against an FCS team.  This team will be lucky to go 6-6 and make it to a bowl game. 

I said it pre-season and I stand by it now.  For us to have the kind of season you are describing 23, we MUST have better play from our WR corps. 

IMO, this is our Achilles heel at the moment.  Our wide-outs have been awful for a long time now.  I was so hoping that the current crop of guys would change that tendency but thus far, they don't seem to be able to break out of whatever mold that has been formed over the years.  Very troubling.

Just now, Shift said:

I said it pre-season and I stand by it now.  For us to have the kind of season you are describing 23, we MUST have better play from our WR corps. 

IMO, this is our Achilles heel at the moment.  Our wide-outs have been awful for a long time now.  I was so hoping that the current crop of guys would change that tendency but thus far, they don't seem to be able to break out of whatever mold that has been formed over the years.  Very troubling.

Well when an unqualified WR coach is brought in who basically player for what a year and then is brought in due to nepotism that's a recipe for disaster.  And then add that to the stupid game plans over the years of running 95% of the time how can they ever get better?  And before someone says they've always been bad, some years they were good.  2009, 2010, 2013, 2014 to name a few. 

3 minutes ago, Shift said:

Agreed. Been hearing that we have a bunch of studs out there but I'm not sure that's true. If you can't out muscle a Mercer DB for a catchable ball then you don't have what it takes to play in the SEC.

Why do Malzahn's teams never look prepared until mid season? What the heck is going on in practice?  Get some of these things worked out in Spring, Summer and Fall BEFORE you hit the games.  

Heck, ask Steele how he would defend your offense and make the necessary changes. 

Gus was scared to death to lose to Mercer at home. 

1 minute ago, VAtiger12 said:

Agreed. Been hearing that we have a bunch of studs out there but I'm not sure that's true. If you can't out muscle a Mercer DB for a catchable ball then you don't have what it takes to play in the SEC.

The talent is there.  It's a coaching problem.  Kodi has no business coaching WRs,  and Gus really has no business being in the SEC.

13 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I believe Chip called the plays and that was probably the reason Gus moved him to the press box, to give the impression Chip was calling the plays.  I also noticed Gus did not have a play card in his hand on the sidelines.  Baby steps, Gus, baby steps.  That being said; who has the control over the personnel during the game?  We again missed a golden opportunity to give another RB besides KP some reps.  We played Barrett on a swing pass or two, but didn't see Kmart at all.  How do you establish a #3 RB if you only play your #1?

5 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

The talent is there.  It's a coaching problem.  Kodi has no business coaching WRs,  and Gus really has no business being in the SEC.

If you need a coach to tell you to fight for a ball then that's bad.

Somebody drank too much last night We are barely a top 40 team. This offense is an absolute dumpster fire. Special teams has took a step back . Outside of the defense I didn't see one offensive player act like they wanted to be there . I would say it's because they know they are being underutilized and their pissed off . 

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

No they are not . We have not played like a top ten team. Stop with this nonsense . I support AU and the boys but they are going to have to earn their respect . Talent and potential is one thing. Going out there and getting it done is another.

Talent and potential is there plus some. Nonsense, are u joking? Many will realize this soon. 

22 minutes ago, Shift said:

You are correct wr need work they are not looking as good as they should. Talent alone can win out at wr though. Kodi has to teach our WR how to adjust the routes which we are working on.

Just too big of a mess to even fix. I have grown so tired of being embarrassed. This is our 5th year and we should be humming and in the mix for SEC championships. The Clemson game should have been just another slug fest between AU and a top ten team. Somehow we are in these games but the outcome is not really in doubt. Got off the Guss bus last year when we looked like a high school team. Really amateurish. I haven't developed confidence in any of our Offense position coaches. Where did they get their experience and who have they studied under.  Some may be okay but compared to Kevin Steele, I just don't trust the judgement of the Head Coach in selecting position coaches. They may be his people but we also need some who have been there and done that. Ability to make adjustments with players on the fly. They look over their heads and lost. We simply don't develop QBs, but must find lightening in a bottle at a JR College. We didn't even realize Pettway was a keeper until he was the only one left standing early last year.  Player evaluation and development seems sub par. Just on and on. Sorry for the rant.

8 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Talent and potential is there plus some. Nonsense, are u joking? Many will realize this soon. 

Potential and talent means absolutely nothing if it doesn't show up on the field. So no I am not joking . 

30 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm truly trying to decide whether you are serious, or just trying to invoke a response. If you think that team that played yesterday will go 11-1, I really am worried about your mental stability friend. Either way, I hope that if I ever commit a crime you are on the jury. WOW!

I am just standing by the same thing I have been saying. We will see who is right. 

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I am just standing by the same thing I have been saying. We will see who is right. 

That is not sound thinking. It's okay to say we have top ten talent but to say we are a top ten team currently is ridiculous. Look at the top ten teams right now and see their results and tell me how AU compare to them

If you go and look at my posts from a couple of years ago when I actually posted more often you'll see that I'm normally one who is very optimistic and a sunshine pumper. However, after this last season and a half I can't do it anymore. I would absolutely love to look back on this thread and eat some crow and all that but I just don't see it happening. We have all been burned too many times in the past with this staff. Last year we were supposed to be really good and then after the first game we saw how horribly managed the Clemson game was. Then Lashlee took over the play calling and we all got excited again until injuries crept up (Injuries happen to every team, every year and they still manage to play better than we did). The year before that the excuses were how young we were but you see all over college football redshirt or true freshman quarterbacks leading teams to wins. Face it, this staff isn't ready for a power 5 program and we have arguably more talent than ever before and we can't score more than 6 points against Clemson and 24 points against Mercer. I'm over this staff, I'm sick and tired of our coaches "learning on the job".

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Potential and talent means absolutely nothing if it doesn't show up on the field. So no I am not joking . 

I just find it funny people panic because we didn't win by 40 points we had 5 turnovers. Did you see clemson last nite. They r best team in country. We went to their stadium without Kerryon and Kam banged up and should have won game. I am not basing my opinion on my thoughts for season on that but some need to calm down and let the season play out. I saw what I needed to seeee from JS yesterday. He is becoming more comfortable everyday and when he fully hit's his stride it will help our oline out alot. 

Top 10 talent?  I think so. The execution just hasn't been there on the field.  I'm not completely done with this team yet, but I inch closer to the edge with every anemic performance out of this offense. 

Just now, austudnt23 said:

I just find it funny people panic because we didn't win by 40 points we had 5 turnovers. Did you see clemson last nite. They r best team in country. We went to their stadium without Kerryon and Kam banged up and should have won game. I am not basing my opinion on my thoughts for season on that but some need to calm down and let the season play out. I saw what I needed to seeee from JS yesterday. He is becoming more comfortable everyday and when he fully hit's his stride it will help our oline out alot. 

Yes, everyone needs to let the season play out including you . To say we are a top ten right now is very scary thinking and I hope our coaches aren't feeling this way nor the players. I hope they also don't think staying within Clemson is some sort of accomplishment . We got lots of work to do and sugar coating it or exeggarating how bad it really is are extreme in nature.

Archived