Auburn is a top 10 team rn...

austudnt23

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

For the record, I'm with 23. Yesterday was a great step for the team. I'm looking forward to the next few games. Kinks worked out, should be fun to watch.

If we only played Mercer every week from here on out, I'd be right with you guys on this. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUChatman1971 said:

Clemson got up for the Heisman winner and Louisville, who gave them a game last year. They didn't get up for us, because it's the same as Ohio State getting up for Vanderbilt. It's sad, but that is the state of our program right now

Surely you are joking that they were not up for the auburn game! 

10 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Surely you are joking that they were not up for the auburn game! 

I think our D kept it respectable, but I agree that the game was never in doubt. These 20 year old kids are playing a mid-tier out of conference team that they've never lost to. 

Were they up for us in 2011? Absolutely. But that was light years ago. I'm sure they're as sick of playing us as we are of them. And we've done nothing to inspire fear and respect in an opponent since then. 8-5, 3-9, 12-2, 8-5, 7-6, 8-5. Except for 1 year, we have been woefully inept.

Everyone gripes about our record against UGA and UA. And rightfully so. But me? I'm SICK of losing on a big stage to other Power 5 conference teams. FSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Clemson, Clemson. It's embarrassing.

I'm tired of seeing a gimicky offense that has become way to predictable. There is no player development except on defense. And we're suppose to have an offensive guru. As many of yiu have said, the times habe caught up with Gus and he refuses to see it. 

Lots of pessimism... Understandably as we have underwhelmed, but I'm not sure there's much more than 10 teams who have looked better than us. College football just looks sloppy 3 weeks in this year.

Am I the only one here that thinks we shouldn't have beaten Clemson? My gosh we gave up 11 sacks. We lost the LOS. Sure the play calling was atrocious, but I'm pretty sure that's part of the game as well. Our D is outstanding, but that's only half the team. Just my two cents. 

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

Am I the only one here that thinks we shouldn't have beaten Clemson? My gosh we gave up 11 sacks. We lost the LOS. Sure the play calling was atrocious, but I'm pretty sure that's part of the game as well. Our D is outstanding, but that's only half the team. Just my two cents. 

At the end of the day , it really doesn't matter. We didn't . Ends right there. After that we should be focusing on getting better each week. I am glad I saw a CCL offense . Disappointed that our WRs didn't make the necessary plays issued to them.

Just now, DAG said:

At the end of the day , it really doesn't matter. We didn't . Ends right there.

I agree. Just see a lot of post saying we should have. I can't seem to justify it. 

3 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I agree. Just see a lot of post saying we should have. I can't seem to justify it. 

We have the athletes to play with Clemson, but not the coaching. On offense anyway. Let's put it this way, swap coaching staffs, and give Dabo and his coaches our players, and we would probably win 5 out of ten against them. Wait, nah, Gus coaching his squad, we win 9 out of ten.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

For the record, I'm with 23. Yesterday was a great step for the team. I'm looking forward to the next few games. Kinks worked out, should be fun to watch.

Seconded.  I'm not going as far as saying undefeated until the Iron Bowl, but I'm not melting like most either.  It was a weird game where ball security negated at least 28 points and gifted them 3.  However, turnovers really have not been a trend under Gus coached teams.  If you want to concern yourself, worry about the o-line not getting a great push and the lack of a RB rotation.  On the positive side, we threw the ball 48% of the time on first down and looked a lot faster getting to the LOS on offense.

Folks, we play a BAD Mizzou team next week.  In fact, I think Mercer may be better coached than Mizzou.  I'll say the same thing I said yesterday: it won't take much improvement for us to look great in Columbia, especially if just protect the football.  If that happens, maybe some people will calm down a little.  Hell, the game will be more of a neutral site game than a road one based on their attendance yesterday.

We're definitely top ten in the SEC... west.

40 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Guys and gals, you need to settle down.  He said top ten. He didn't say what division. 

What we saw yesterday is NOT Auburn Football.  That was garbage.  The coaches clearly did not have our guys ready to play.  We should have been playing our 3rd string in the 4th quarter but instead we were running our 1st string because we didn't have the game clinched against FREAKING Mercer.  Our staff is a joke.  It's time to make a change.

33 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

The argument that we should have scored at least 2 touchdowns is justification enough. At the very least we were tied with them for 4 quarters. If you don't see that, then it's just a matter of perspective.

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

The argument that we should have scored at least 2 touchdowns is justification enough. At the very least we were tied with them for 4 quarters. If you don't see that, then it's just a matter of perspective.

Oh I agree we should have, but we didn't. They manhandled us up front. Their DL and LB's were/are better than our OL and playcalling. For goodness sake, we couldn't knock Mercer off the ball. 

3 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Oh I agree we should have, but we didn't. They manhandled us up front. Their DL and LB's were/are better than our OL and playcalling. For goodness sake, we couldn't knock Mercer off the ball. 

Then we have a different viewpoint. It's ok.

I'm not saying that I love our coaching. However, I do believe our kids will come to play every week and that's all I ask for from them. It's not 2008 or 2012. Our guys believe in themselves and I think we should start there. 

I think 23 left off a zero he meant top 100. I've been saying it from before the start of the season it all starts up front. When our O-Line can not control the line of scrimmage against a team like Mercer or GS, how in the hell are they going to against the good teams we will play. Now if by some miracle we get the O-line fixed we could be a decent team, I just don't have any confidence that Herby Hand can get the job done. We came in to the game yesterday leading the nation in sacks allowed. Think about that for a minute, leading the freaking nation. That is not what you want to be leading the nation in. Oh and the WR's aren't much better.

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Well, I just don't know what to tell you man. I guess we should have. After all, the only thing that held us back was our inability to block, pass, and run. In some parallel universe I guses that leads to victory. I would really like for this season to turn out like you think, but I live in the real world. No offense, but you are drinking way too much Kool aid, and it has been spiked with mushrooms. 

You say all of this but you have no clue what is going to happen.  Neither do I but I know what talent we have and what is expected from inside the program.  WHo are you saying that we lose too?

1 hour ago, AUChatman1971 said:

Clemson got up for the Heisman winner and Louisville, who gave them a game last year. They didn't get up for us, because it's the same as Ohio State getting up for Vanderbilt. It's sad, but that is the state of our program right now

Yeah I am sure this is the case.  LOL. Are you serious or just playing?

8 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

You say all of this but you have no clue what is going to happen.  Neither do I but I know what talent we have and what is expected from inside the program.  WHo are you saying that we lose too?

I agree 23.  I don't see anyone on the schedule that we don't have a chance against and most I would say we win against.  LSU's DL looked horrible last night.  Smaller then usual.  Bama's linebackers are not good with the injuries.  Fromm is very limited at UGA right now I'm sure will be better by the end of the season but they are definitely all run right now.  Etling crumbles on 3rd down for LSU.  All winnable games at this point in the season.  Even as poorly as we've played.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I agree 23.  I don't see anyone on the schedule that we don't have a chance against and most I would say we win against.  LSU's DL looked horrible last night.  Smaller then usual.  Bama's linebackers are not good with the injuries.  Fromm is very limited at UGA right now I'm sure will be better by the end of the season but they are definitely all run right now.  Etling crumbles on 3rd down for LSU.  All winnable games at this point in the season.  Even as poorly as we've played.

Exactly.  This is what I am saying.  We are 2-1 with a loss to the best team in the country by 8 at their field on a game we could have and probably should have won.  If we collapse and don't play like we should it will be on the coaches.  As long as Gus stays out and lets Chip run everything like yesterday we can win out.  Defense will keep us in every game no matter what.

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Why should we have won against Clemson? We were dominated by there D from about the first quarter onward. We didn't make stupid mistakes like turnovers or miss half a dozen field goals. We got whipped beaten and cast away by the Clemson defense. Our d made it possible for us to win the game but I don't understand the statement we should have beaten them

We should hve won.  We should have scored from the 1 yard line on the first possession and from inside the 10 when we created the 1st turnover.  We had open wr downfield couple times against Clemson and they would have been bigtime plays.  We should have had 14 points before the 1st quarter ended.

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Well, I just don't know what to tell you man. I guess we should have. After all, the only thing that held us back was our inability to block, pass, and run. In some parallel universe I guses that leads to victory. I would really like for this season to turn out like you think, but I live in the real world. No offense, but you are drinking way too much Kool aid, and it has been spiked with mushrooms. 

Clemson is best team in the country.  If we score from the 1 yard line on first drive we win imo.  Then we turn them over at the 10 and have to kick another field goal.  We should have won our coaching cost us this game.

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Clemson is best team in the country.  If we score from the 1 yard line on first drive we win imo.  Then we turn them over at the 10 and have to kick another field goal.  We should have won our coaching cost us this game.

Now you get it!

Archived