Roll call Mizzou

WarEagle123

Thanks, @WarEagle123!

I'll be there with my girlfriend and it will be the first time for both of us.  We're flying into Kansas City Friday and making the drive to Columbia that night.  We're staying in a hotel a few miles North of campus and will make our way to campus Saturday morning.  Is there a better way to get to downtown or campus besides driving?  What is the better parking option for Saturday, downtown or closer towards the stadium?

Does anybody know of an Auburn tailgate for visiting fans?  We don't know anybody else going so we'll just be wandering around and checking out what Mizzou has to offer.

33 minutes ago, Auburn 6 said:

Thanks, @WarEagle123!

I'll be there with my girlfriend and it will be the first time for both of us.  We're flying into Kansas City Friday and making the drive to Columbia that night.  We're staying in a hotel a few miles North of campus and will make our way to campus Saturday morning.  Is there a better way to get to downtown or campus besides driving?  What is the better parking option for Saturday, downtown or closer towards the stadium?

Does anybody know of an Auburn tailgate for visiting fans?  We don't know anybody else going so we'll just be wandering around and checking out what Mizzou has to offer.

Depending on when you fly into KC, it might be a good idea to take some time to check out KC as well. Plaza Art Fair is a pretty big event and starts Friday night. There's also plenty of other things going on this weekend in KC and it's always worth a stop at one of the local BBQ joints.

40 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Depending on when you fly into KC, it might be a good idea to take some time to check out KC as well. Plaza Art Fair is a pretty big event and starts Friday night. There's also plenty of other things going on this weekend in KC and it's always worth a stop at one of the local BBQ joints.

Thanks.  We get into KC later than I'd like on Friday, but we have a return flight Sunday evening so our plan is to spend most of Sunday exploring KC.  Do you have a recommendation on a BBQ place located somewhere near the downtown/touristy places?  What would you do with a Sunday afternoon in KC?

1 hour ago, Auburn 6 said:

Thanks.  We get into KC later than I'd like on Friday, but we have a return flight Sunday evening so our plan is to spend most of Sunday exploring KC.  Do you have a recommendation on a BBQ place located somewhere near the downtown/touristy places?  What would you do with a Sunday afternoon in KC?

Plaza Art Fair will still be on Sunday as well. I'd probably hit that. It's a good representation of KC in one of the more well known areas. Jack Stack will have a booth there and their restaurant will also be open on the plaza. Really good BBQ, more of "upscale" BBQ.  The original Joe's KC isn't too far from there, but it's closed on Sundays. Q39 is just a few minutes down the road from the plaza in Westport and is often rated as the best in KC these days. Char Bar in Westport is also really good if the wait at Q39 is really long.

If you're museum people the Nelson Atkins museum is by the plaza and is a pretty good museum.

10 hours ago, CGM4AU said:

I just checked StubHub again this morning and you can get tickets for $12 plus fee.   That must mean that their crowd will be thin?

wow $12 to see an SEC game.....................

8 hours ago, Auburn 6 said:

Thanks, @WarEagle123!

What hotel are you staying in?  I can give you a better idea about parking or driving if I know where you will be.  You can park in any of the garages for about $10. The KC Auburn club is tailgating next to parking structure 7. That garage is close to stadium and college

Glad to see so many AU fans headed that way...first truly affordable SEC game in a decade or more.   Would be nice for it to look like an AU home game crowd ...War Eagle...

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Tiger Walk at Mizzou will be around 4:15 pm at the south end of Faurout field. Still trying to nail down an exact location.

The south end is just a huge parking lot. It will be easy to find them

Archived