Bashing Gus

AU64

Maybe the question of the day.

How many different threads that end up as "bashing Gus"  will the mods allow on this site? 

1, 2...or maybe 5?  ....more still?  

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on board the fire Gus bus, but Saturday night wasn't on him. 5 turnovers will get you everytime. And I'm never going to blaim turnovers on a head coach. These players have been playing football their whole lives. Fumbles are inexcusable, as far as I'm concerned. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

How many different threads that end up as "bashing Gus"  will the mods allow on this site? 

Pondering the same thing 64. Haven't times changed? Can not help but believe we enjoyed the game more a few decades  ago.

Seriously, the writing is on the wall if he under performs. It's beyond ridiculous how we beat a dead horse. I'm willing to bet there would be a derogatory thread if he switched the type of gum he chewed during the game.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:36 AM, JMassie11 said:

Seriously, the writing is on the wall if he under performs. It's beyond ridiculous how we beat a dead horse. I'm willing to bet there would be a derogatory thread if he switched the type of gum he chewed during the game.

I just want him to start chewing with his mouth closed.

50 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I just want him to start chewing with his mouth closed.

or hide it behind a clipboard,

or a mike,

or something.

Greetings y'all!

Can't speak for the rest of the Admin/Mod crew regarding an exact number, so I'm just floating around out here going with the flow. You know, reading threads , and junk.  :poke:

I think people vent their frustration with Gus and for some it just turns into a “bashing Gus” session, which is unnecessary and unhelpful.  I for one am frustrated with what I’m seeing on the field offensively, and naturally the HC gets most of the blame.  Im not an insider and I don’t know what’s going on on the plains.  But this program has the most extreme ups and downs, no consistency or stability whatsoever.  Yet they continue to pour millions of dollars to upgrade the stadium and football facilities.  That’s all great, but look at the product on the field.  What is going on at auburn that keeps them from consistently being competitive in their division?  They have one good season here or there and the majority of their seasons are mediocre/average. Just disappointed.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, AU64 said:

I agree with this. It's one thing to have a criticism of Gus about one thing or another, voice it and move on. But some have now taken it to the extreme. When they start saying the same things over and over again in every thread it becomes excessive and just piling on. It's starting to remind me of the Cam situation and the piling on by the media. Just enjoy watching the boys play the game every week. 

I don't know why everyone is so focused on Gus.. Should he go? Yes, but that's not the BIG PICTURE issue. The big picture is that Jay Jacobs needs to go or he will just hire another clown.  

19 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

I don't know why everyone is so focused on Gus.. Should he go? Yes, but that's not the BIG PICTURE issue. The big picture is that Jay Jacobs needs to go or he will just hire another clown.  

I don't think that can be said enough.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:27 AM, AU64 said:

37. So when we hit that number, please start another thread to let us know its time. Thanks for the cooperation.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

or hide it behind a clipboard,

or a mike,

or something.

Please not a clipboard.  Keep those far away from him.

There are times when a coach deserves criticism and a time when he does not. Some of the blame he is getting is not fair at all, like saying it is his fault for 5 turnovers in a game, Sean White ruining his own life, and Cowart "quitting" (his words). Some of the blame he absolutely deserves, like #1 thing on my list is the terrible repetitive boring play calling (whether it is him or his coaches), the absolute abuse of the running backs (or lack of use in some cases), and the development of players from the time they arrive to when they leave AU.

But in the end he is paid to win games...and he better beat UGA this year. If for no other reason so that I don't go insane. 

Four of those turnovers may well be Gus’s fault. Would those have occurred if we had a stud WR coach instead of a glorified grad assistant?  It’s a reasonable question. 

My question is how many crybaby fans can one program possibly have. How ridiculous do you think you sound bashing a coach and wanting him fired after two games of a season with 10 to go? If he goes " Chizik 2012" it will happen the morning after the iron bowl. But he might go 2013 all over again. Drink a beer or twelve, hope for the best and live with what happens. But for gods sake quit whining. It's more embarrassing to me than the offense vs Clemson. 

The concern is that he won't do a Chizik 2012, and that he won't do a Malzhan 2013 either.  But instead will turn in another of his customary seasons with 8 wins & a bowl loss. In other words, folks don't want to see more of the same ole s*** when he has a top shelf defense and a huge amount of talent on hand.

well then continue whining and hoping for another unproven or less proven coach to replace him. Saban, Peterson, Dabo, Urban are the few that are better and they aint coming here. we have a sense of entitlement that i don't know where it comes from. reality is a bitch.

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

well then continue whining and hoping for another unproven or less proven coach to replace him. Saban, Peterson, Dabo, Urban are the few that are better and they aint coming here. we have a sense of entitlement that i don't know where it comes from. reality is a bitch.

There are a tremendous amount of coaches who are better other than the elite you just mentioned.  Derek Mason at Vandy coaches circles around us with a heck of a lot less to work from.  I don't think anyone wants Gus to fail at the expense of Auburn but dang it man.  This has been going on for 4 years.  Gus, who normally does not tip his hand, had a huge part in the fan base thinking this was the year.  Go back and look at everything he said going into this season.  Everything he said is the exact opposite he is saying now.  The season is not over but we have wet the bed against two extremely weak teams.  Teams where we should have been able to give our younger players some great game experience and they did not even sniff the field.  The man is in way over his head when his stuff doesn't work and he has no answer or ability to correct it or coach his way through it.  After being given another chance he did not deserve he brought in CL and I'll be danged if he didn't go through all of Fall camp and the first two games calling the offense.  Now he does not know what to do so he tosses the house fire to Chip in the middle of the season to try to fix it.  He is a dumpster fire.  Our players don't have years to waste waiting on Auburn to do the right thing and just hope he is gone at the end of the year one day after the Iron Bowl.  Everything our opposing coaches tell players to persuade them not to come here is being brought to light right before our eyes.  He makes believers out of folks.

Archived