Week 5 SEC Game Times Announced (AU vs. Miss. State)

RunInRed

Auburn vs. Mississippi State, which is setting up as a season-defining game (assuming a win in Columbia, MO, this weekend) will be under the lights with kickoff slated for 5:00PM CT.  The game will be nationally televised on ESPN.

FULL AUBURN SCHEDULE | SEC TV SCHEDULE

DKBDWNxX0AASKoz.jpg

http://www.secsports.com/article/20744978/sec-football-tv-schedule-games-september-30

Only game I'm able to go to this year glad it's a later game. Gonna be yelling loud from the north end zone! 

I think this may be a watershed moment for the Gus tenure at AU.   If we get beat all over the field by MSU the way they beat LSU the handwriting will be on the wall for Gus and nothing short of a win over UGA and a very unlikely win over Bammer win save it for him.   

17 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I think this may be a watershed moment for the Gus tenure at AU.   If we get beat all over the field by MSU the way they beat LSU the handwriting will be on the wall for Gus and nothing short of a win over UGA and a very unlikely win over Bammer win save it for him.   

I just don't think he survives a loss to MSU...unless the offense is really clicking and we lose on some freak play.  We may hold onto him for looks until the bama game...but he'll be a lame duck.

4 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

If Clemson could not beat Auburn all over the field, at Clemson, State damn sure is not going to do it in Jordan Hare.

We can only hope, but if both teams play the way they did last Saturday I can see it happening.  I would have never thought in my wildest imagination they were capable of blowing LSU out but they did.  Hopefully our defense can take away their running QB and our OL and receivers will come around and start playing the way they are capable of playing by then.  

4 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

We should just not allow cow bells in our stadium >:(

Auburn does not allow artificial noise makers in Jordan-Hare. will confiscate.

26 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Really? That's good news. Seems like I remembered those ding a lings. My girlfriend's dad played for State so maybe I just hear them in my mind after being around them so much

2 hours ago, aufan57 said:

I think they'll find a way..*shudders*

8 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

If Clemson could not beat Auburn all over the field, at Clemson, State damn sure is not going to do it in Jordan Hare.

I don't think the transitive property works with this program lol.....I remember 5 years ago I believe

In a very similar situation program status wise 

Where Auburn played quite well with a quite elite Clemson team, lost by one score, and got washed by a rising Miss State team. Ill bring up that it was in Starkville, but Miss St looks better than that 2012 team and we look...better? than the 2012 team. Maybe we're better than the 2012 team, I don't really know, our offense looks worse though 

Not that it matters but why are we not the 2:30 cbs game? I am having a hard time seeing georgia vs tenn being a more marquee game. Cbs must think this is 10 years ago or something.

14 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I have been very supportive of the team and coaches this year even when they didn't play well. And while I don't think we will get beat all over the field ( I think we will win) if we lose I'm afraid that will be it for Gus. This will be a must win in my opinion as will most of our remaining games. Sadly Gus pretty much has to run the table except for one of Alabama or Georgia (he has to win one of those). 

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not that it matters but why are we not the 2:30 cbs game? I am having a hard time seeing georgia vs tenn being a more marquee game. Cbs must think this is 10 years ago or something.

Because Georgia is still a bigger name than Missy St and the UGA-UT game has traditionally been a strong one and featured. And because of the s*** show we put on against Mercer, if you were a TV exec, would you want to feature us? I wouldn't, at least not until after we prove ourselves.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ha, Ha, CBS is CBS. I will say it was nice not to have to listen to Verne last week while watching FL-UT.

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Ha, Ha, CBS is CBS. I will say it was nice not to have to listen to Verne last week while watching FL-UT.

It was music to my ears.  

Ole Verne needs to stick to announcing for the PGA - he's pretty good in that capacity.

59 minutes ago, keesler said:

It was music to my ears.  

Ole Verne needs to stick to announcing for the PGA - he's pretty good in that capacity.

I wish cbs felt that way about jim nantz as well........

So by then, Miss St will have played LSU, at UGA and at AU. Ouch. They are going to be earning it that's for sure. Miss St looks really good. We are going to have our hands full

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

So by then, Miss St will have played LSU, at UGA and at AU. Ouch. They are going to be earning it that's for sure. Miss St looks really good. We are going to have our hands full

That's what I thought too. Miss St is having to play at Jordan Hare at night after playing the two dirtiest teams in the SEC. It's a big advantage for us (in my mind at least). Hopefully we are just flat out the better team by next week, but I am glad we play them after they've gone through LSU and UGA.

Archived