Byron Cowart

au_bsci_04

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apparently asked for his release...

it's a shame it's not clicking with him... but it's not like he hasn't had the opportunity.  

this is not a development thing.  garner is one of the best line coaches in the country.  byron is suffering from being a big fish in a small pond coming out of high school.  he has talent, but to be honest... brown, dr, marlon, jeff -(and the lesser recruited guys)- coe, pjlll, and andrew williams have simply out-played him.  they are better.

if bc does transfer, i hope the light finally comes on for him.  he has the potential...

If true, I guess he is trying to play for someone next season like QB Grier did leaving Florida.  He could play a year removed from his previous school if the loophole still exists. 

I can't imagine this would shock anyone. He's been outplayed by numerous guys  since he got here and with our D staff, looks like we'll continue to get quality players. 

4 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Unfortunately I think he sees the writing on the wall.  May get blasted for this, but who would want to play for Malzahn? 

Nothing to do with Malzahn, he simply didn't develop into an SEC player and kept getting outplayed by younger guys. He's had every opportunity to excel on the d-line but can't get it together.

If he's leaving I wish him success. I'm pretty fatigued of articles and reports about Cowart, Jackson, and White. Time to focus on the many great young men and players we have who are contributing to AU. WDE! ?

10 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Unfortunately I think he sees the writing on the wall.  May get blasted for this, but who would want to play for Malzahn? 

It's not that.  It's more of him having his head blown up that he was the best recruit in the nation, to realizing he could not even get past our walk-on offensive lineman, to being on the third string his junior year.  If RG can't get him together, no one can. I hate to see anyone transfer, but if he is going to be a coward and bail during the season on us, it is hard for me to feel bad for him to be honest.  And I was really pulling for him too.

There is an article interviewing RG a year ago when he was saying, when Byron got here, he was going up against the walk-on linemen, they would walk away asking "He is a 5*?"  Guys were lining up to go against him.  Every year we have freshmen jumping ahead of him.  If he was going to do this, it is better for us to open up that scholarship spot now for RG to recruit another top notch guy.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It's not that.  It's more of him having his head blown up that he was the best recruit in the nation, to realizing he could not even get past our walk-on offensive lineman, to being on the third string his junior year.  If RG can't get him together, no one can. I hate to see anyone transfer, but if he is going to be a coward and bail during the season on us, it is hard for me to feel bad for him to be honest.  And I was really pulling for him too.

There is an article interviewing RG a year ago when he was saying, when Byron got here, he was going up against the walk-on linemen, they would walk away asking "He is a 5*?"  Guys were lining up to go again him.

I don't agree.  I think Malzahn is a cancer to the program and his influence is being felt now even on Cowart.  

5 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Nothing to do with Malzahn, he simply didn't develop into an SEC player and kept getting outplayed by younger guys. He's had every opportunity to excel on the d-line but can't get it together.

Based on what exactly?  What Malzahn and Garner have said?  

Considering he was the number one recruit in the nation, I feel like the recruiting and scouting sites should take an L as well.

Archived