Our D is nasty this year! Here's some stats.

GwillMac6

WAR DAMN KEVIN STEELE!!!! I was so so SOOO very wrong about you. I was not impressed with the hire and was down on it. So glad you have shut me and a lot of other people up and are playing some of the best defense since the middle of the Tubs era.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of people are underestimating the value of a top defense. Granted, we have to actually stay at this level for it to mean much of anything. But it seems a lot easier to win with an elite defense and efficient offense than vice versa. Of course our offense pulling its weight is definitely an issue right now

How do you leave Deshaun Davis out of that photo!!!! 

If anyone should be in it, he should. He's possibly tackling someone at this very moment.

26 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

How is Tre' Williams?  It looked like he left the game with a shoulder stinger last week. Any word?

I'll ask. Give me a few. :)

Edit: Nothing serious - *probably* out this week though. 

2 hours ago, djg0017 said:

I think a lot of people are underestimating the value of a top defense. Granted, we have to actually stay at this level for it to mean much of anything. But it seems a lot easier to win with an elite defense and efficient offense than vice versa. Of course our offense pulling its weight is definitely an issue right now

Without defense, Auburn likely would have lost to LSU, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt last year.  Gus likely would have been fired in that scenario.  He owes Kevin Steele a Ferrari.

33 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Now these are threads I want you to create more often!  Keep em comin!

I am more likely to create a "sunshine pumper" post than you making a realistic post!!! Maybe you should be more realistic and dwell in the land of facts like I do than the land where EVERYTHING IS ALL RIGHT when it clearly is not!!! haha deal?!

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well my thread I created yesterday got over 20 "likes" so someone has to agree with what I say.  :jossun:

you and the other sunshine pumpers. there are so many of you!!! I do not trust anyone who thinks Gus should be our coach and/or has done a good job!! haha. It makes me question if you love Gus more than you do AUBURN.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

Without defense, Auburn likely would have lost to LSU, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt last year.  Gus likely would have been fired in that scenario.  He owes Kevin Steele a Ferrari.

And Will Muschamp.  Muschamp set the table for Steele.

wde

54 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well my thread I created yesterday got over 20 "likes" so someone has to agree with what I say.  :jossun:

mmmk.  I am loyal to Auburn not a coach. You?  Both are totally different.  

wde

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

No I can just look at it and see why things are happening and know not to freak out.  It's never one straight thing, but multiple facets.  Also if you look at who "liked" the thread you would be surprised.  A lot of people that normally disagree with me.  

And please don't question my loyalty to Auburn.   No need to resort to that.  I doubt you were at the Homecoming game to it's entirely if at all.  

If you keep supporting Gus when he gives you NO reason to do so then YES I will question your loyalty to Auburn. And nope I only usually get to 1 game a year these days living down here in south florida fam.

Just now, abw0004 said:

Then that should show our differences in loyalty.  I have missed 1 home game in 7 years and that was to put my dog down.  I have been in stadium with 103 fever, kidney stones, and now food poisoning.  I am there 1 hour before kickoff and there until the clock hits 0:00, no matter the score.  And no I do not live in Alabama.  I am also a donor to the school.  So think twice next time when you stoop that low again to question my loyalty when you only go to one game a year.  Thanks.  

And for the record, when I posted on your thread, I was trying to complement you when all you do is criticize me.  

So you live in georgia a stones throw away?! haha got it! I know plenty of loyal people who do not go to every game. Are you saying only the ones who go to every game are the ones who are most loyal? Congrats. You want a participation ribbon?  Some people who are the biggest fans of AU go to very few games a year and some none even at all because of distance, life, circumstances they cannot control. Some even just do not want to go to games anymore because it is just easier to and more convenient to watch from the comfort of your own couch. I know for me I just do not enjoy going to games as much as even a few years ago. The game experience is much better at home. Clearly you disagree and that is fine. I not only want to watch our game but I want to watch the other big games of the year. It lets me see and appreciate well coached teams sometime. Something I do not get from Gus. Haha hey man do not take it so personal. I disagree with a lot of people on here. It is all in fun at the end of the day. We still fam and you still the brodie!!! WOOOOO!!! I just want to give Auburn the best chance to win and I do not think Gustav Malzahn is that anymore.

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Did you mean to quote that post or the other one of mine?  But to your question, I support any coach as long as he is the coach.    And I have seen improvements over each year he has been our coach.  Actually this thread is a testament to that.  Gus made a gutsy move hiring Steele.  No one wanted him that bad.  LSU was glad to let go of him.   And it has paid off.  And I expect the same from Chip too.  No coach was made overnight.  It took Saban 6 years to be close to where he is now.

To be fair and being alive long enough to see how Auburn works I would bet Jacobs and/or others NUDGED him to hire steele since his brother works in the AD. I give him full credit though for hiring boom.

Great to see a thread about our D @GwillMac6   They are Pat Dye quality for sure. Kevin Steele has been great for our Defense, but I'm sure he is an amazing presence for the whole team. If Gus can stay out of CLs way and our offense improves just a little, we will win a lot of games. WDE! ?

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If you keep supporting Gus when he gives you NO reason to do so then YES I will question your loyalty to Auburn. And nope I only usually get to 1 game a year these days living down here in south florida fam.

Wait.....if someone supports Gus then they are not loyal to Auburn? Wow. that seems a bit extreme. I am extremely mad at the situation but nothing would please me more than to see him succeed so we would not have to start back at square one. I remember when the Clemson fan base wanted Dabo fired. 

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Wait.....if someone supports Gus then they are not loyal to Auburn? Wow. that seems a bit extreme. I am extremely mad at the situation but nothing would please me more than to see him succeed so we would not have to start back at square one. I remember when the Clemson fan base wanted Dabo fired. 

I QUESTION if they are more loyal to a coach than Auburn. Why would you support someone who has shown us NOTHING to support since 2013? Gus is his own worst enemy. HE is the reason our offense has faltered since 2014. He has the potential to be a awesome CEO coach as he has a lot of the characteristics that go in to a good ceo head coach. Unfortunately for us he sees himself as a Steve Spurrier type of head coach and man let me tell you he is not close to that. He refuses to adapt his offense and give complete control to a OC who he brought in to fix the passing game. It can still be fixed but Gus is one of the most stubborn head coaches I have ever seen. Reminds me of Les Miles. Rather go down with the ship and do things his way than adapt and flourish.

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Great to see a thread about our D @GwillMac6   They are Pat Dye quality for sure. Kevin Steele has been great for our Defense, but I'm sure he is an amazing presence for the whole team. If Gus can stay out of CLs way and our offense improves just a little, we will win a lot of games. WDE! ?

From all that I have seen on Auburn everyday I have LOVED IT ALL from Mr. Kevin Steele!!! He is the PERFECT guy to lead our defense. He gets them fired up and they play so hard for him every week. Him and boom have fixed the tackling and toughness issues that plagued this team and the  whole program since 2007. No more do we have to see Auburn trot out soft defenses. I love it!! This is the type of Auburn Defenses I grew up with in the tubs years.

Archived